Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

English Bookshops in Spain.

English Bookshops in Spain.

Old Dec 14th 2009, 12:44 am
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: English Bookshops in Spain.

I buy a lot from the animal charities. PAD and a few more have really good selection at 1 euro.
Old Dec 14th 2009, 7:03 am

manamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by cricketman
I enjoyed the "Ruta de Oso" which are 20 kms of paved routes in the mountains. You can walk or hire a bike and take the children to see the bears which are in a small section along the way. At the end of the route are some great restaurants where you can eat Asturian village food, very hearty and satisfying after the walk!

I like the beaches between Gijon and Villaviciosa such as Playa Espanya. This is where the grand expensive houses are, especially the area closest to Gijon.

You have to go to Cudillero, the village is beautiful as is the seafood.

The lakes of Covadonga of course.

If you like water sports like kayaking and rafting then there are places around Cangis de Onis where you can have fun down the river Sella. its a very cold river though, best do that is the summer!

It's passed now, but San Mateo in Sep/Oct in Oviedo is one of the best fiestas I've been to and nothing like those you'll go to down south

And if you get the chance, go to Ribadeo/Castropol on the Asturian/Galician border. If I remember correctly, the views are stunning as there is a gorge that seperates the provinces next to the sea. And I ate the best almejas in the universe there!
WOW - Thank you. Done a couple of them but plan to get see more soon..

Old Dec 14th 2009, 11:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

painterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nice

havent read the whole thread, but i would take the advice of these people and DONT do it! The only other thing i can think of is, I would get a good inventory of stuff together in the uk from charity shops, library sales, boot fairs etc, (bear in mind, you will lose some of your future profits in having to ship heavy boxes of books from the UK) and come to live in spain with enough money to last you for at least 6 months, and sell your books at markets, boot fairs and on the internet, amazon being the best one i can think of, and all this keeps your overheads low and keeps you flexible, HOWEVER do your research and know intimately what you are selling and WHOM you plan to sell to.

Consider NICHE selling, after all, a new book shop or book stall somewhere? I can hear the people already saying "huh? Big deal", its not gonna set the world alight, so maybe do something unusual or like i say, NICHE, for example......

Text books for college (check your local schools etc and what books they want and regulary use), languages books, many spanish, especially under 25's are very keen to learn english, maybe medical books for nurses doctors etc, do you see where i am coming from?

If you want to go far in your business you MUSt stick out from the crowd and you must love what you do.

hope that is good advice and good luck whatever you do.