English books

Old Aug 17th 2008, 11:15 am
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: English books

Actually, that is one thing I will miss. I live near Cambridge, and when I used to go in there more often, I used to love browsing in the second hand bookshops.

I know I'm spoiled for choice, there used to be three or four stalls on the market selling second hand books and half a dozen shops as well, at least.

Then there were all the new book shops too!
Old Aug 17th 2008, 1:43 pm
Forum Regular

Lis48 is a name known to allLis48 is a name known to allLis48 is a name known to allLis48 is a name known to allLis48 is a name known to allLis48 is a name known to allLis48 is a name known to allLis48 is a name known to allLis48 is a name known to allLis48 is a name known to allLis48 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by gallerie9
Where is that shopping centre I know where El Paseo is ?
Go past El Paseo towards the feria ground, keeping El Paseo on left. Past castle that is OAP home, feria ground and turnoff to Sanlucar. Next turnoff is roundabout with two spikey things and a globe. Come off and go towards El Puerto (left). Ove a couple (1 or 2?) of roundabouts and you come to the English centre on right, a big private international school. On left is garden furniture shop. Turn right, over a couple (1 or 2?) of roundabouts and turn left at roundabout with large Vistahermosa sign. Find the supermarket (Crevillet) and it is downstairs there. Guy is really friendly, hald Spanish half English.
Old Aug 18th 2008, 6:10 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Any car boot sales in the area?, there will be Englidh book stalls there
Old Aug 4th 2009, 11:22 am
Just Joined

barneyeloso is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello everyone,
New to the forum, to be honest I didn't know it existed.

My wife and I run the English bookshop in Vejer and I googled it and found this thread.

(SNIP)

Last edited by Mitzyboy; Aug 4th 2009 at 12:02 pm. Reason: Sorry, as you said self promotion not allowed, however now everyone knows you are there :-)
Old Aug 4th 2009, 7:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

jo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to behold

In Chiclana there is a Car Boot sale at the Lemon Tree every other Sunday which has quite a lot of books for sale, also Monopoly English Shop, they have second hand books as well, have a look at the Costa de la Luz website as someone on there does a book swap every now and then
Old Aug 4th 2009, 8:37 pm
Forum Regular

Arco-Iris has a reputation beyond reputeArco-Iris has a reputation beyond reputeArco-Iris has a reputation beyond reputeArco-Iris has a reputation beyond reputeArco-Iris has a reputation beyond reputeArco-Iris has a reputation beyond reputeArco-Iris has a reputation beyond reputeArco-Iris has a reputation beyond reputeArco-Iris has a reputation beyond reputeArco-Iris has a reputation beyond reputeArco-Iris has a reputation beyond repute

Hi BahamasBoy. As Jo-Ann says there are a few outlets in Chiclana. Also at the Lemon Tree, where the alternate Sunday car boot is held, there is an extensive library inside - books for sale.

At the Post House at Los Gallos in Chiclana, there are shelves of books to buy at very reasonable price.

If all else fails, there's always www.abebooks.co.uk who sell second hand books from 59p, plus p&p and they will send to Spain, as does Amazon. No shortage now of books in this area I'm happy to say.
Old Aug 19th 2009, 10:40 am
Just Joined

CharlieYork is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by bahamasboy
Is there an English bookshop on the Costa de La luz? If so, where?
Morning, I´ve just been into Lidl in Chiclana and they sell a small selection of English books by the till x
Old Aug 19th 2009, 3:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

spainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rachelk
I'm told that play.com offer free postage, even to Spain.
Yes that is true I have successfully purchased from them - make sure you select either pounds or euros option from their home page.