Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Is ENDESA the only electric supplier????

Is ENDESA the only electric supplier????

Old Feb 13th 2016, 11:40 am
BE Enthusiast

keithBT is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Is ENDESA the only electric supplier????

I was just curious to hear if anyone else in the Ayamonte area is contracted to a different company to Endesa. I have been unable to find out if like the UK there are perhaps a dozen competing suppliers of electricity or whether it is regulated / govt controlled to just endesa.
Old Feb 13th 2016, 4:16 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is ENDESA the only electric supplier????

There are loads of alternative suppliers, but unless you are on a high usage contract (over 10kw potencia) you will be on the government controlled tariff so the prices charged by all the companies are much the same.

You will see special offers to get you to change, but on close inspection, they really aren't worth the effort of changing.

There is a price comparison site here

Comisión Nacional de los Mercados y la Competencia. Comparador de Ofertas de Energía: Gas y Electricidad
Old Feb 13th 2016, 4:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

keithBT is an unknown quantity at this point

Okay fred, Thanks for the info. like most other people I only need a 4.6 kw supply, but endesa do seem to charge a lot for the standing charge, which always seems to be greater than the electric consumed. Oh well I tried !!
Old Feb 14th 2016, 6:52 am

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

It may be worth looking at the dual tariff, which gives a big discount on power used during the 14 hour off peak period. With a bit of power management I use about 70% of my power during the cheap period which runs from 10pm to midday.