Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

ENDESA New tarifs

ENDESA New tarifs

Old Jun 10th 2014, 12:08 am
BE Forum Addict

Maybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond repute
Default ENDESA New tarifs

Just wondering which way to go regarding the new Endesa Tariffs.
The Fixed Price or the Volontary up and down variable one. The fact that "Volontary" comes into it makes me think I'll go for the fixed rate.
Has anyone done this yet and what was the fixed price for a 4.6KW installation?
M
Old Jun 10th 2014, 8:56 am
BE Forum Addict

lutonlad has a reputation beyond reputelutonlad has a reputation beyond reputelutonlad has a reputation beyond reputelutonlad has a reputation beyond reputelutonlad has a reputation beyond reputelutonlad has a reputation beyond reputelutonlad has a reputation beyond reputelutonlad has a reputation beyond reputelutonlad has a reputation beyond reputelutonlad has a reputation beyond reputelutonlad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ENDESA New tarifs

Not with Endesa. Iberdrola seems to be prominent in the Alicante area.

I must admit that 'Tariffs' leave me mentally drained! Seems even more complex in Spain than the UK. My bills seem very high considering we are not here for long periods - we don't even use elec for hot water. Our current Potencia is 5.75Kw (2 bed apartment).

After deliberating for ages I visited the Iberdrola office to explore a different contract. My worst fears were realised! After waiting for an hour, I finally got to see a trainee who spoke very little English (fair enough some will say). My objective was to reduce the Potencia.
Finally got to sign a new contract for 4.6 Kw called 'Plan Hogar'. Now waiting for them change something in the house to put it into effect.

Hope I've done the right thing to reduce my bills. But I'm not the greatest optimist!
Old Jun 10th 2014, 4:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

Maybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond repute

My latest bill 173Euros and 817KWh consumed PVPC system;-
Consumed 817 KWh @0.124E tot 101,40E
Potencia 4.6Kw x 63 days x 0.1152E tot 33,38E
Sub Tot 134,78E
Impto Electricidad 134 x 1.05? x 4.864%? 6,89E
Equipment rental tot 1,24E
Vat 30,01E

I don't know what the difference would be with the fixed system but I'm
going to find out in the next few days.
M
Old Jun 10th 2014, 8:52 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lutonlad

Hope I've done the right thing to reduce my bills. But I'm not the greatest optimist!
It will save you €5 a month. Don't be surprised if they charge you a large amount of money to change it over!
Old Jun 11th 2014, 8:56 am
BE Forum Addict

lutonlad has a reputation beyond reputelutonlad has a reputation beyond reputelutonlad has a reputation beyond reputelutonlad has a reputation beyond reputelutonlad has a reputation beyond reputelutonlad has a reputation beyond reputelutonlad has a reputation beyond reputelutonlad has a reputation beyond reputelutonlad has a reputation beyond reputelutonlad has a reputation beyond reputelutonlad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fred James
It will save you €5 a month. Don't be surprised if they charge you a large amount of money to change it over!
Oh dear.
They said it would only be 10 Euros + Vat.
Hope they didn't forget to tell me something!
Old Jun 11th 2014, 10:56 am
Forum Regular

MrsMac59 has much to be proud ofMrsMac59 has much to be proud ofMrsMac59 has much to be proud ofMrsMac59 has much to be proud ofMrsMac59 has much to be proud ofMrsMac59 has much to be proud ofMrsMac59 has much to be proud ofMrsMac59 has much to be proud ofMrsMac59 has much to be proud ofMrsMac59 has much to be proud ofMrsMac59 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Maybe1day
Impto Electricidad 134 x 1.05? x 4.864%? 6,89E
What is this please?
Old Jun 11th 2014, 1:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

This was approx what is on my bill, the exact line was;-

Impto electricidad 134,78E x 1,05113 x 4,864% = 6,89E

the 134,78E refers to the sum of Consumo and Potencia.

No Idea what it is but the bill appears to be made up as follows;-

Consumption (101,40E) + Arbitrary tax = A1
A1 + another Arbitrary tax = A2
A2 + yet another Arbitrary tax =A3
A3 + A rental fee? =A4
A4 + IVA = Total + 172,92E
Not bad Eh 71,52E - 1,24E (rental)= 70,28E for raising a bit of paper.
M
Old Jun 11th 2014, 1:18 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MrsMac59
What is this please?
A special tax, in addition to IVA, that applies to electricity bills.
Old Jun 11th 2014, 1:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

two tubes of toothpaste has a reputation beyond reputetwo tubes of toothpaste has a reputation beyond reputetwo tubes of toothpaste has a reputation beyond reputetwo tubes of toothpaste has a reputation beyond reputetwo tubes of toothpaste has a reputation beyond reputetwo tubes of toothpaste has a reputation beyond reputetwo tubes of toothpaste has a reputation beyond reputetwo tubes of toothpaste has a reputation beyond reputetwo tubes of toothpaste has a reputation beyond reputetwo tubes of toothpaste has a reputation beyond reputetwo tubes of toothpaste has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MrsMac59
What is this please?
It is short for 'Impestos Electricidad' i.e. Electricity tax (a green tax).

I have googl'ed for an answer of where the figures of 1.05113 (not 1.05) and 4.864 come from and haven't found one, so I'll have a go.

4.864 is the percentage electricity tax levied on the total amount of the bill that is subject to 21% IVA (VAT) .

1.05113 comes from the calculation of (100/(100-4.864)).

Here's the hard bit.

As the electricity tax is itself subject to IVA, the law says that the electricity tax must also carry an electricity tax. So the bill is boosted by multiplying the bill by 1.05113 then applying the electricity tax.

The whole lot is then subject to IVA.

Mind-blowing I know, but dont blame me.

http://www.agenciatributaria.es/AEAT...3/electric.pdf

Point 6.5 is of interest if you don't believe me !

I stand open to correction.
Old Jun 12th 2014, 6:56 am
BE Forum Addict

Unbelievable, a tax on the tax with the tax..................
However which is Best for a 4.6KW installation at about 400KWh/pm..
PVPC or PF?
M
Old Jun 12th 2014, 7:34 am
Banned

amideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond repute

1. when we overspend, just raise taxes.
  2. if we can't realise enough tax revenue because everyone avoids high taxes that pay for our overspending, then just tax the tax. That'll solve it.
  3. and if that doesn't work, resort to first tactic.

Seems simple enough.

Yet I find it pretty ironic that precious few politicians ever suggest lowering or eliminating senseless taxes, which is perhaps the single most effective way to stimulate an economy, put people back to work, and ultimately increase motivation to live within the proper economic framework than in the black economy.

Why then, may I ask, is tax relief never part of any political debate?
Old Jun 12th 2014, 7:59 am
BE Forum Addict

It might make you feel good or at least grateful that you don't live in Italy, It is like Spain but crazier and the food is better.
They have between 150,000 and 200,000 laws the exact figure is not known, and wait for it;-
.................................................. .................................................. ....................Over 1700 taxes and growing every month. Last year it was 1660.
M
Old Jun 12th 2014, 8:03 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute

It might make you feel good or at least grateful that you don't live in Italy, It is like Spain but crazier and the food is better.
They have between 150,000 and 200,000 laws the exact figure is not known, and wait for it;-
.................................................. .................................................. ....................Over 1700 taxes and growing every month. Last year it was 1660.
M
But does anyone pay them ???
Old Jun 12th 2014, 8:27 am
BE Forum Addict

Yup, everyone that isn't a normal employee must have an accountant even pensioners and fill in their 740. Submersed economy (Black) estimated 21%, obviously these do not pay! Even an ad in a shop window must have a stamp on it and be signed over with the date. An awning or balcony on an upper floor apartment which is over the street (public property) must pay a tax to the local town hall, and so it goes on, these are just a couple that come to mind.
M
Old Jun 12th 2014, 11:08 am
BE Enthusiast

two tubes of toothpaste has a reputation beyond reputetwo tubes of toothpaste has a reputation beyond reputetwo tubes of toothpaste has a reputation beyond reputetwo tubes of toothpaste has a reputation beyond reputetwo tubes of toothpaste has a reputation beyond reputetwo tubes of toothpaste has a reputation beyond reputetwo tubes of toothpaste has a reputation beyond reputetwo tubes of toothpaste has a reputation beyond reputetwo tubes of toothpaste has a reputation beyond reputetwo tubes of toothpaste has a reputation beyond reputetwo tubes of toothpaste has a reputation beyond repute

Unbelievable, a tax on the tax with the tax..................
However which is Best for a 4.6KW installation at about 400KWh/pm..
PVPC or PF?
M
Is this something very new i.e. this month as I've never heard of it ?

I notice I got a rebate last month for the nine power outages I suffered in 2013. €8.52.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.