Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Is It The END OF Satellite TV for Brits ?

Is It The END OF Satellite TV for Brits ?

Old May 20th 2013, 11:35 am
Forum Regular

lavillegour is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Is It The END OF Satellite TV for Brits ?

Whilst in my apartment at Playa Flamenca during May I 'lost' access to BBC1 and BBC2. ....others are disappearing as well.

I am aware that most channels are moving to Astra 2E and 2F . Some have already moved.

I have a roof top 1.2 metre dish.........but

Is it all over ?

It'll be unpleasant if I am unable to receive British Radio during my infrequent visits.

IS IT ALL OVER ?
Old May 20th 2013, 12:12 pm
Im a 77 year old nutcase

tommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is It The END OF Satellite TV for Brits ?

Read this thread..
ILLEGAL BRITISH IPTV STREAMS SHUT DOWN
Old May 20th 2013, 1:49 pm

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lavillegour
Whilst in my apartment at Playa Flamenca during May I 'lost' access to BBC1 and BBC2. ....others are disappearing as well.

I am aware that most channels are moving to Astra 2E and 2F . Some have already moved.

I have a roof top 1.2 metre dish.........but

Is it all over ?

It'll be unpleasant if I am unable to receive British Radio during my infrequent visits.

IS IT ALL OVER ?
you can get radio over the internet with absolutely no problem at all - listening to the afternoon play on R4 whilst typing
also listen to Jazz regularly as well as classic and no problems

you say you have an apartment with dish on the roof so how sure are you that someone hasn't been playing with your dish/lnb whilst you are away ??
it only takes a surreptitious kick to do it

Expect The Guy will be along later and he will give you further updated information on the schedules for things being changed.....
Old May 20th 2013, 1:50 pm

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tommy.irene
Read this thread..
ILLEGAL BRITISH IPTV STREAMS SHUT DOWN
what has that to do with a satellite ??
Old May 20th 2013, 1:55 pm
Was called something else

The Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond repute

or read this thread:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=796875

or the many other thread on the same subject - which covers all you need to know rather than start yet another thread!!!

and as mentioned, your loss of channels recently are noting to do with the changes, as no changes have happened recently, and the next big changes is expected to be late summer, so any issues are down to your own system, be it dish alignment, cabling, or weather...

Originally Posted by lavillegour
Is it all over ?

IS IT ALL OVER ?
But simply, no, as there will always be radio and tv channels available - true maybe not the ones you want - as some are not even on the astra satellites and will not be affected by the astra changes..
And then you have the channels on the euroipean beams which should be able to be received in spain...its the channels on the uk beams that may be an issue...

Last edited by The Guy; May 20th 2013 at 2:05 pm.
Old May 20th 2013, 2:29 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

No, we don't need yet another thread so I am closing this one.