Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

the end of the euro in Spain

the end of the euro in Spain

Old Dec 9th 2011, 1:29 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: the end of the euro in Spain

To me this whole Euro farce is a bit like this. You bought your house in Spain 4 yrs 100% mortgage ago can't cope with the current exchange rates etc are about to go under. So you go to all your mates and say help me pay this mortgage or I will go under, ok they say we'll give you £100 a month each to help you out. By the way take it we will get some free holidays and bit of money back in the end. Oh no you can't use the house that's for us and any profit at the end is also mine but take it you will still help us?
To me that's how the Germans and French want it with the Euro their great plan but every one else has to keep it going.
Old Dec 9th 2011, 1:34 pm
squeaky clean

Location: Spain 4th feb 08 - October 11, now flits batck and forth from sunny Worthing
jojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bobd22
To me this whole Euro farce is a bit like this. You bought your house in Spain 4 yrs 100% mortgage ago can't cope with the current exchange rates etc are about to go under. So you go to all your mates and say help me pay this mortgage or I will go under, ok they say we'll give you £100 a month each to help you out. By the way take it we will get some free holidays and bit of money back in the end. Oh no you can't use the house that's for us and any profit at the end is also mine but take it you will still help us?
To me that's how the Germans and French want it with the Euro their great plan but every one else has to keep it going.
Er......... its more like you buy your house, you cant pay the mortgage becasue you want to spend your money on other things, so you ask your friends to help out, they agree and they struggle to help you and find they need to borrow to carry on. Because they've been helping you, you spend even more money on having fun and when you tell them you need more they have to finally turn you down because they're broke and in debt!

Jo xxx
Old Dec 9th 2011, 1:45 pm
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace

HBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond repute

And the latest news:

Cameron has walked away and the UK is no longer in the EU (technically). The other 26 members have opted to stay in.

With such strong support, the Euro is likely to survive.
Old Dec 9th 2011, 1:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

Rotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JLFS
Not really there seems to be a big fiddle going on at the moment, there are many people who are buying for agriculatural use, and flogging it on to motorists.

I saw on the news the other night that they are checking for "red Diesel" on street patrols, a sign of the times and prices hurting I guess.
Whilst there is a price difference between A & B gasoleo I don't think its that big like in the UK, also is having your car confiscated worth it?
Heating oil is less risky as its not dyed.
Old Dec 9th 2011, 1:52 pm
Banned

JLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rotor
Whilst there is a price difference between A & B gasoleo I don't think its that big like in the UK, also is having your car confiscated worth it?
Heating oil is less risky as its not dyed.
I have a feeling that the fuel for agricultural use, to registered agricultural businessesm is very heavily subsidised, so that is where the saving comes in, but I am not too sure.
Old Dec 9th 2011, 1:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

Rotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JLFS
I have a feeling that the fuel for agricultural use, to registered agricultural businessesm is very heavily subsidised, so that is where the saving comes in, but I am not too sure.
B is around 45 cents cheaper if you buy it legit so by the the time farmer El Palmero has stuck some on for himself there is not a huge difference in the long run unless you run a fleet of trucks , no doubt you would then loose your business if caught.
Old Dec 9th 2011, 1:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

Lenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond repute

I'm sure we won't go back to the peseta (despite the pleasure of reading the ghastly 'Peseta Weakly News' with its British TV listings and Leaky Lee). However, more worrying is Cameron's tug against Europe. Will the many Britons living in Europe - including the 750,000 odd living here - be regulated to becoming, once again, extranjeros rather than europeos (work permits, visa controls, no health service, no voting rights etc)?
Old Dec 9th 2011, 2:09 pm
squeaky clean

Location: Spain 4th feb 08 - October 11, now flits batck and forth from sunny Worthing
jojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HBG
And the latest news:

Cameron has walked away and the UK is no longer in the EU (technically). The other 26 members have opted to stay in.

With such strong support, the Euro is likely to survive.
As the guy on the news said this morning "England is now like the guy who walked away and didnt get on the Titanic!"

Jo xxx
Old Dec 9th 2011, 2:10 pm
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rotor
B is around 45 cents cheaper if you buy it legit so by the the time farmer El Palmero has stuck some on for himself there is not a huge difference in the long run unless you run a fleet of trucks , no doubt you would then loose your business if caught.
Did anyone see the British gang arrested who had been syphoning off fuel from Málaga airport's storage tanks? They were doing it big-time, enough to cause a pressure drop which then raised suspicion.
Old Dec 9th 2011, 2:12 pm
squeaky clean

Originally Posted by jackytoo
Did anyone see the British gang arrested who had been syphoning off fuel from Málaga airport's storage tanks? They were doing it big-time, enough to cause a pressure drop which then raised suspicion.
That sums up the trouble with the world, Europe and everything else. Humans are greedy, right from the top to the bottom!

Jo xxx

Last edited by jojojojojo; Dec 9th 2011 at 2:14 pm.
Old Dec 9th 2011, 2:16 pm
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jojojojojo
As the guy on the news said this morning "England is now like the guy who walked away and didnt get on the Titanic!"

Jo xxx
I had to laugh at that one. Anyone would think the UK had turned down a good deal! It would cost the UK at least 35 billion in lost earnings from the financial centes.

Even if all this agreement goes through it still doesn't address the problem of how Italy, Spain, Greece etc. are going to pay off their debts. The price of their bonds rose again this morning.
Old Dec 9th 2011, 2:20 pm
squeaky clean

Originally Posted by jackytoo
I had to laugh at that one. Anyone would think the UK had turned down a good deal! It would cost the UK at least 35 billion in lost earnings from the financial centes.

Even if all this agreement goes through it still doesn't address the problem of how Italy, Spain, Greece etc. are going to pay off their debts. The price of their bonds rose again this morning.
Exactly, like it or not, the UKs biggest asset these days is the financial sector. These guys bring in and spend a lot of money. To be governed by Brussels, who deal in a different currency, with different criteria would be crazy! They'd all up and leave to earn and spend their money in the US!

Jo xxx
Old Dec 9th 2011, 2:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

johnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond repute

To save a lot of hassle why don't we just pull out of the EU and become a province of China? I am sure they will value us more.
Old Dec 9th 2011, 2:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

EllisG has a reputation beyond reputeEllisG has a reputation beyond reputeEllisG has a reputation beyond reputeEllisG has a reputation beyond reputeEllisG has a reputation beyond reputeEllisG has a reputation beyond reputeEllisG has a reputation beyond reputeEllisG has a reputation beyond reputeEllisG has a reputation beyond reputeEllisG has a reputation beyond reputeEllisG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by johnnyone
To save a lot of hassle why don't we just pull out of the EU and become a province of China? I am sure they will value us more.
The chinese have no values and cannot be trusted for anything other than to be lying cheating backstabbers...I'd sooner become the 53rd State of the union and I am definitely no fan of America either
Old Dec 9th 2011, 2:31 pm

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jojojojojo
Er......... its more like you buy your house, you cant pay the mortgage becasue you want to spend your money on other things, so you ask your friends to help out, they agree and they struggle to help you and find they need to borrow to carry on. Because they've been helping you, you spend even more money on having fun and when you tell them you need more they have to finally turn you down because they're broke and in debt!

Jo xxx
Try this....
Landlord fones tenant because rent hasnt been paid
Tenant says she can't cope, boyfriend has moved out, she had a choice - buy babies nappies or pay the rent.
Landlord says the decision is yours and serves court papers asking for immediate vacancy

In this instance the rent was actually covered by Housing Benefit being paid to the tenant.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.