Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

End of the Eldorado dream

End of the Eldorado dream

Old Dec 20th 2008, 11:42 am

poshnbucks has disabled reputation
Default End of the Eldorado dream

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worl...breadline.html

Last edited by poshnbucks; May 30th 2009 at 5:39 am.
Old Dec 20th 2008, 1:04 pm
Not Banned (yet)

steviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: End of the Eldorado dream

A lot of harsh critical comments posted there - which is why I normally tend to avoid the Daily Mail and some of its sanctimonious readers. Of course the woman featured has "squandered" some of her money over the years - but who of us hasn't had the occasional treat for ourselves over time? Plus, who could have predicted with 100% certainty what was going to happen? At one point it looked as though Labour were going to take the UK in to the Euro currency. "IF" that had happened, people wouldn't be being hit in their pension income abroad. Yet the fall in the pound is good news (to a small extent) for people in the UK who fear for their jobs. When I read about people going through difficult conditions (and I've had a few myself in the past) I always think "There but for the grace of God...."
Old Dec 20th 2008, 6:48 pm
lic
Forum Regular

lic is just really nicelic is just really nicelic is just really nicelic is just really nicelic is just really nicelic is just really nicelic is just really nicelic is just really nicelic is just really nicelic is just really nicelic is just really nice
Default Re: End of the Eldorado dream

God forbid we should ever join the Euro!
The exchange rate is not good at the moment, but it will pick up. I just hope Brown does not start a push for us to join the Euro while the rate is so low. He will of course attempt to do so to make his place in History greater!
Surely it is time for a new government in Uk to get us out of this mess.
I am employed thankfully, I have a mortgage and benefit from the enforced interest rate reductions, but not being a complete luney I can see that this course of action will not solve the problem.
Sadly interest rates in the UK have to go up, as does tax, and possibly the end of free banking.
The money men caused this, they will benefit from it, whilst the rest of us pay for their many mistakes.
I'm certain the majority of M.P.'s will survive well too!
Remember the Hamilton's?
So to all you Expats, I wish you well and hope you survive the storm, and hopefully one day I will be in your number!