Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

En Fiesta! Frailes - Hondon Valley

En Fiesta! Frailes - Hondon Valley

Old Aug 24th 2009, 7:08 pm
Grapes are good 4 U !

GrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud of
Default En Fiesta! Frailes - Hondon Valley

I think we should support the efforts of the local councils and volunteers in Hondon Valley - who amaze me in how much they spend and promote the community Fiestas here for which Spain is known.

I have just seen the Fiesta Programme for Frailes this week - there's something for every one and most of it is FREE !!

The Water Fight and Firework Fight are great fun, but a little dangerous but there are more sedate activities, music, dancing, religion and more... free chocolate too !! See ya there maybe.
Old Aug 24th 2009, 7:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

DENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud of
Default Re: En Fiesta! Frailes - Hondon Valley

How long is it on for may pay a visit???
Old Aug 24th 2009, 7:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

paintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GrapeEater
I think we should support the efforts of the local councils and volunteers in Hondon Valley - who amaze me in how much they spend and promote the community Fiestas here for which Spain is known.

I have just seen the Fiesta Programme for Frailes this week - there's something for every one and most of it is FREE !!

The Water Fight and Firework Fight are great fun, but a little dangerous but there are more sedate activities, music, dancing, religion and more... free chocolate too !! See ya there maybe.
Shame.

We miss it by a couple of days.
Old Aug 24th 2009, 8:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

DENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud of

Silly me did not read the programme, I will miss it at well Oh dear never mind maybe next year)
Old Aug 25th 2009, 10:37 am
Forum Regular

leckytech has a brilliant futureleckytech has a brilliant futureleckytech has a brilliant futureleckytech has a brilliant futureleckytech has a brilliant futureleckytech has a brilliant futureleckytech has a brilliant future

I'll be there Saturday and Monday hopefully. Your right it amazes me the effort both villages put in to their fiestas.
Old Aug 25th 2009, 4:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

paintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GrapeEater

Yes, it sounds great.

We actually get to our new house on the 1st september.

And will be knackered - more knackered than we are now.

But hey, we cant wait to start our new life-and it sounds great.
Old Aug 27th 2009, 9:23 am
Just Joined

BUGS is an unknown quantity at this point

We are going to be there on Sunday and Monday. How could you miss the water fight? We went to the Tomoto fight (la Tomatina)yesterday in Buñol, Valencia which was mad. Have attached a couple of photos to give you the flavour. I am the one laying on the floor! Will be taking some of the water fight too so will post them here as well
Attached Thumbnails En Fiesta! Frailes - Hondon Valley-1.jpg   En Fiesta! Frailes - Hondon Valley-2.jpg   En Fiesta! Frailes - Hondon Valley-3.jpg   En Fiesta! Frailes - Hondon Valley-4.jpg  
Old Sep 4th 2009, 3:19 pm
Just Joined

Sherezah is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: En Fiesta! Frailes - Hondon Valley

It was indeed a really splendid event...well done Hondon de los Frailes !!

We took part in the Grand Parade on Saturday 29th August and the atmosphere and the fantastic response from both our Spanish and English friends was overwhelming. The time and effort put into all of the costumes rewarded everyone there with smiles fun and laughter.....roll on next year. I have posted a few photographs of our group for you to see.
Attached Thumbnails En Fiesta! Frailes - Hondon Valley-belly-dancing-fiesta-039.jpg   En Fiesta! Frailes - Hondon Valley-belly-dancing-fiesta-079.jpg   En Fiesta! Frailes - Hondon Valley-belly-dancing-fiesta-053.jpg