Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

email addres for Telefonica/Movistar ?

email addres for Telefonica/Movistar ?

Old Jun 12th 2011, 7:09 am
BE Forum Addict

spain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond repute
Default email addres for Telefonica/Movistar ?

Hi all (loooooong time no "see")

does anyone have an email address for Telefonica/Movistar ?

I have called them to cancel our phone contracts but have to put it in writing...thought it would be quicker/easier to email it over

Hope you are all doing well and still enjoying your lives in Spain
Old Jun 12th 2011, 7:19 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: email addres for Telefonica/Movistar ?

Hi, great to hear from you again and hope that all is going well for you and family.

The e-mail address is www.movistar.es

Rosemary
Old Jun 12th 2011, 7:27 am
BE Forum Addict

spain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond repute

we are all fine thanks, how are you both ?

I have already looked on that site and cant find an actual email address - unless Im having a blonde moment !

Originally Posted by The Oddities
Hi, great to hear from you again and hope that all is going well for you and family.

The e-mail address is www.movistar.es

Rosemary
Old Jun 12th 2011, 7:46 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

I hate these types of sites because they make life so complicated for us. If you look at the home page there is a blue line about 2/3 of the way down and the 6th word is contacto......when you go into that there seems to be lots of different things that you can then go into. Good Luck

Graham is improving very, very slowly but at least we are gradually seeing a bit of a difference.

Rosemary
Old Jun 12th 2011, 9:17 am
BE Enthusiast

Michael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spain
Hi all (loooooong time no "see")

does anyone have an email address for Telefonica/Movistar ?

I have called them to cancel our phone contracts but have to put it in writing...thought it would be quicker/easier to email it over

Hope you are all doing well and still enjoying your lives in Spain
If, perchance your email is not accepted as they require a signature, you can download a free programme called PamFax (look on Google) and turn your pc into a fax machine.

Type and sign a letter etc, scan it into your pc , open Pam fax and upload the letter to be sent by Fax. I seem to remember the first three faxes are free and then you can download credit. Have used this programme very successfully.
Old Jun 13th 2011, 4:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond repute

Would be interested to know how you got on because I too want to cancel a contract with Movistar and thusfar have got the runaround - but for a different reason: they have some points system which I had loads of but after umpteen shop visits and phone calls (and of course remaining contracted for another two weeks or so in the meanwhile) it transpires I'm only entitled to a free phone IF I sign up for another contract

So.... who do I email?
Old Jun 14th 2011, 6:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

no joy with the email so resorted to good old fashioned letter !

Over the phone they would let me renew contract, I could even do my husbands but when I mentioned I wanted to canel it they said I had to put it in writing with copy of NIE

Anyway, good luck with cancelling yours !

Originally Posted by fionamw
Would be interested to know how you got on because I too want to cancel a contract with Movistar and thusfar have got the runaround - but for a different reason: they have some points system which I had loads of but after umpteen shop visits and phone calls (and of course remaining contracted for another two weeks or so in the meanwhile) it transpires I'm only entitled to a free phone IF I sign up for another contract

So.... who do I email?
Old Jun 14th 2011, 6:54 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spain
no joy with the email so resorted to good old fashioned letter !

Over the phone they would let me renew contract, I could even do my husbands but when I mentioned I wanted to canel it they said I had to put it in writing with copy of NIE

Anyway, good luck with cancelling yours !
Ha! Ditto. Had a ludicrously long non-conversation with Movistar who kept me listening to their dire music for some 10 minutes while the operator kept coming to and fro between me and the 'Cancellation Department' who initially wanted me to know there were contracts I could have and then said I could sign up for 6 months free but finally when I said no (for the umpteenth time) I was told I'd have to write and it would be 48 hours from when they receive the letter that they'd cancel.
I duly sent the letter by recorded delivery today. That may take 3 days according to Correos staff at Rincon de la Victoria. So my cancelling my domiciliado on Monday may even then be too soon!........
Oh, the music they were playing? 'Happy' !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Jul 29th 2011, 11:10 am
Just Joined

Crunchy Frog is an unknown quantity at this point

It took us 12 months to get a landline - in the end we got our UK MEP to pull some strings with a Madrid associate. I had hoped that when Movistar took over things might improve.
When we had a technical problem with our TRAC phone the engineer was with us within 2 hours. pretty impressive!!!
But for some reason we have now stopped getting bills from Movistar, I have tried to contact them,without success, Having first gone thru "Movistar in English" (who are nothing to do with Movistar) and who wanted €50.

Does anyone have Movistar/Telephonica's postal address please?
Old Jul 29th 2011, 11:58 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Crunchy Frog
It took us 12 months to get a landline - in the end we got our UK MEP to pull some strings with a Madrid associate. I had hoped that when Movistar took over things might improve.
When we had a technical problem with our TRAC phone the engineer was with us within 2 hours. pretty impressive!!!
But for some reason we have now stopped getting bills from Movistar, I have tried to contact them,without success, Having first gone thru "Movistar in English" (who are nothing to do with Movistar) and who wanted €50.

Does anyone have Movistar/Telephonica's postal address please?
Telefonica Moviles
Aptdo de Correos 151124
28080 Madrid

That worked mid-June!
Old Jul 29th 2011, 1:25 pm
Forum Regular

Rafa is an unknown quantity at this point

It took us 12 months to get a landline...
Took me two years.
Old Jul 29th 2011, 1:47 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rafa
Took me two years.
Took me less than 24 hours, landline and 10m wifi up and running, techno turned up an hour before the appointment.
Old Jul 29th 2011, 3:47 pm
Just Joined

Crunchy Frog is an unknown quantity at this point

Although we already had a telephone line running to our house, what i didn't understand (and what Telefonica didn't explain) was that analogue lines are no longer supporded.
Since we live in a Rural area, what we eventually ended up with was a TRAC phone (Telefonica Rural Access Communication - or similiar) Its a radio phone that has a SIM card and works through the Mobile cell phone network. To all intent and purpose it acts like a household phone with an answer machine.
Ours worked fine for several years, then we had the Lorca earthquake and the dammed thing kept cutting out and losing contact with the nearby mast.
We had two engineers come by to fix it and they each ended up replacing the entire system - new hand-set. power supply. base unit. battery. sim card & ariel.
On the third occasion their engineer gave me a new external ariel to fit. the following day the phone died again, so i drilled a hole in the wall, fitted the ariel and pointed it at the mast. Its been great ever since.

I wonder whether anyone out there has experience of connecting to the internet using a TRAC phone - and what the download speeds are like and how much it costs?
Old Jul 29th 2011, 3:48 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by jdr
Took me less than 24 hours, landline and 10m wifi up and running, techno turned up an hour before the appointment.
Yeah....but you live down in 'civilisation'.
Old Jul 29th 2011, 3:56 pm
Forum Regular

I wonder whether anyone out there has experience of connecting to the internet using a TRAC phone - and what the download speeds are like and how much it costs?
Yep..me! What happens is that you click a web address, then you go and put the kettle on and make some toast. Have your breakfast then perhaps go have a swim or go into town if you need anything. Meet your mates in town for a beer then come home and have lunch. Have your afternoon siesta, get up and go for a walk to stretch your legs.

When you come back you MIGHT....MIGHT mind you.... find that the page you requested that morning has managed to appear.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.