Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Electricity - social bono discount - 20%

Electricity - social bono discount - 20%

Old Feb 21st 2016, 2:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

Countryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Electricity - social bono discount - 20%

I've just read that the above electricity supply discount is available subject to certain criteria. Has anyone claimed this? Is it straightforward to apply for it or a likely bureaucratic Spanish nightmare?
Thanks.
Old Feb 21st 2016, 2:57 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Electricity - social bono discount - 20%

It's only available to people with less than 3kw potencia or those Spanish pensioners with less than 10kw who have to prove that they have a low income or a few other reasons.

https://www.endesaclientes.com/bono-social.html

Last edited by Fred James; Feb 21st 2016 at 3:00 pm.
Old Feb 21st 2016, 3:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

Countryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Fred James
It's only available to people with less than 3kw potencia or those with less than 10kw who have to prove that they have a low income or a few other reasons.

Thanks Fred, never believe the local papers eh? It suggests a supply of less than 10KW and retired as two of the criteria!
Oh well if it looks too good to be true etc......
Old Feb 21st 2016, 3:11 pm
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

It's only available to people with less than 3kw potencia or those Spanish pensioners with less than 10kw who have to prove that they have a low income or a few other reasons.

There's far more to it than that surely;

what about large families or the unemployed. I know you say "other reasons" but just mentioning pensioners is not correct.

https://www.iberdrola.es/clientes/ho...as/bono-social
Old Feb 21st 2016, 3:17 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, you are right, but rather than detail the whole package, people who are interested can read the whole link. I have better things to do than write out the content of the whole website page.

I don't think many of our members would qualify on the other alternatives that I did not mention.
Old Feb 21st 2016, 4:54 pm
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, you are right, but rather than detail the whole package, people who are interested can read the whole link. I have better things to do than write out the content of the whole website page.

I don't think many of our members would qualify on the other alternatives that I did not mention.
OK, I quite understand.

However, I may qualify under 'large family' and many might under 'unemployed'?

I guess it's worth giving it a go ....
Old Feb 24th 2016, 10:08 am
BE Enthusiast

davidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this point

I asked the question of CHC Energia our local supplier.They provide the discount and require a copy of your NIE ,Padron and proof of your pension from the Social Security Office.And this is where the problem started.I went to the Social Security office in Xativa and explained that as my pension is paid from the UK I would need a paper from them to reflect this.The reply I received was told that the bono was only for Spanish pensioners and and discount for UK nationals should be requested from the UK Government.
Old Feb 24th 2016, 10:20 am

I did point out in my post that it applied to Spanish pensioners.
Old Feb 24th 2016, 10:23 am
Retired and loving it!

... but if you're not a (Spanish) pensioner, then it may also apply.
Old Feb 24th 2016, 11:08 am
BE Enthusiast

davidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this point

I did point out in my post that it applied to Spanish pensioners.
You did Fred,but isn't one of the contentious issues of the EU (for the UK Govt at least) that immigrants have the same access to benefits of the country they move to as the countries citizens?
Old Feb 24th 2016, 11:24 am

Of course that depends on how you define a benefit. IIRC WFA was not a benefit for example.
Old Feb 24th 2016, 12:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

What is WFA Fred? I've never been good at acronyms,or is it an initialism?

Last edited by davidinspain; Feb 24th 2016 at 12:08 pm.
Old Feb 24th 2016, 12:06 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Winter Fuel Allowance. I cannot usually answer this sort of question so I am pleased that for once I know.

Rosemary
Old Feb 24th 2016, 12:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thanks Rosemary,can Spanish pensioners claim that if they are resident in the UK? Obviously this isn't quite the same as it's a discount offered by the individual companies and not the Spanish Govt,although in saying that I doubt the companies are giving up 20% out of the goodness of their hearts and it will be in some way in the end,be covered by the Spanish social security system.
Old Feb 24th 2016, 1:00 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Daveinspain
Thanks Rosemary,can Spanish pensioners claim that if they are resident in the UK? Obviously this isn't quite the same as it's a discount offered by the individual companies and not the Spanish Govt,although in saying that I doubt the companies are giving up 20% out of the goodness of their hearts and it will be in some way in the end,be covered by the Spanish social security system.
As far as I know it is attached to receiving a UK pension so I do not think that a Spanish pensioner would gain this payment. Fred will be able to tell us the correct answer.

Rosemary

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.