Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

electricity companies

electricity companies

Old Feb 13th 2010, 12:05 pm
Forum Regular

celestine is just really nicecelestine is just really nicecelestine is just really nicecelestine is just really nicecelestine is just really nicecelestine is just really nicecelestine is just really nicecelestine is just really nicecelestine is just really nicecelestine is just really nice
Default electricity companies

Has anyone switched from Endesa since the opening of the market and how are they finding the switch? Have you saved? Was it worth moving or was it more trouble than it was worth?
Old Feb 13th 2010, 2:40 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: electricity companies

If you are a normal domestic customer with a less than 10kw supply the new TUR tariff is set by the government and is the same across all the companies.

So far I have not seen any offers that can undercut this tariff as it is much less than the suppliers wanted.

If you are on a 10kw+ supply then there are potentially some better offers but it does depend on the tariff and type of usage.

I am currently changing from Endesa to Iberdrola but I have a suspicion that it may be as difficult as changing from Telefonica to another supplier.
Old Feb 13th 2010, 2:41 pm
Banned

johncar61 is a name known to alljohncar61 is a name known to alljohncar61 is a name known to alljohncar61 is a name known to alljohncar61 is a name known to alljohncar61 is a name known to alljohncar61 is a name known to alljohncar61 is a name known to alljohncar61 is a name known to alljohncar61 is a name known to alljohncar61 is a name known to all

I read this in a newsletter:-

Cut off your electricity on 15th !

We have been sent an e-mail by a group of citizens who are recommending that everyone turns off their electricity supply (from the main fuse trip) for 5 minutes from 10 pm on 15th February, as a protest against the increased electricity tariffs of; Endesa, Iberdrola and Fenosa. The group believe this is the only way to make a protest against the recent increases. They ask all customers to take part, and request you send this proposal to all your friends.
Old Feb 13th 2010, 2:48 pm
Yaaarp

Madridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond repute

Could that not cause a potential power spike to other homes as a result of a sufficient number of people all turning off their power at the same time or am I talking drivle?
Old Feb 13th 2010, 2:49 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

What a waste of time - no one will take the slightest notice.

If we all chose not to use our phones for 5 minutes do you think Telefonica would care a toss?

We get enough power cuts without creating our own.
Old Feb 13th 2010, 2:56 pm
Banned

johncar61 is a name known to alljohncar61 is a name known to alljohncar61 is a name known to alljohncar61 is a name known to alljohncar61 is a name known to alljohncar61 is a name known to alljohncar61 is a name known to alljohncar61 is a name known to alljohncar61 is a name known to alljohncar61 is a name known to alljohncar61 is a name known to all

[QUOTE=Fred James;8338801]What a waste of time - no one will take the slightest notice.

If we all chose not to use our phones for 5 minutes do you think Telefonica would care a toss?

We get enough power cuts without creating our own.[

You are probably right, but then again if everyone said that about everything nothing would ever change

Just ignore me, I will continue playing my fiddle whilst Rome burns, nothing I can do will any difference.
Old Feb 13th 2010, 3:05 pm
Forum Regular

celestine is just really nicecelestine is just really nicecelestine is just really nicecelestine is just really nicecelestine is just really nicecelestine is just really nicecelestine is just really nicecelestine is just really nicecelestine is just really nicecelestine is just really nice

Thanks for the responses. We are also considering a switch to Orange from telephonica who appear to be offering a much better price for an equal service for phone and internet. I hope this will be more beneficial than an electricity switch and fingers crossed will not be troublesome as some have found.
Old Feb 13th 2010, 3:27 pm
Forum Regular

LittleWeed is a jewel in the roughLittleWeed is a jewel in the roughLittleWeed is a jewel in the roughLittleWeed is a jewel in the roughLittleWeed is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Madridboy
Could that not cause a potential power spike to other homes as a result of a sufficient number of people all turning off their power at the same time or am I talking drivle?
Yes but turning them all on again 5 minutes later might cause a problem especially if everyone fancied a cup o´tea (about 1500 watts per kettle).
Old Feb 14th 2010, 12:17 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: electricity companies

Originally Posted by Fred James
What a waste of time - no one will take the slightest notice.

We get enough power cuts without creating our own.
Lets get this back on track Fred! I have a 15kw 3 phase supply 7 aircon units pool pump immersion heater and lots and lots of lights. We were just rocked back by a €500+ bill from Endessa and we have followed your advice to go onto "white meter" tariff. So we checked very very carefully. Its correct. They have been charging €60 per two months since our connection charge but this is only for the standing charge ie €15 per month.

The new bill shows that if you have timers properly set up it is very worthwhile to be on "white meter" but what bugs me is that Endesa have charged us all our leccy from the connection in May 2009 until Jan 1 2010 at the new 2010 Tariff. I intend to challenge this but with little hope of success!

So where do we go. I have opened the Iberadolla site some one mentioned but is this the best? Is there a comparison site? Help required please.
Old Feb 14th 2010, 12:34 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by John & Kath

..................... what bugs me is that Endesa have charged us all our leccy from the connection in May 2009 until Jan 1 2010 at the new 2010 Tariff. I intend to challenge this but with little hope of success!

So where do we go. I have opened the Iberadolla site some one mentioned but is this the best? Is there a comparison site? Help required please.
If they have made a mistake don0t jump to the conclusion they won't put it right. Tell them politely and see what happens. I know some of us think Spain is always trying to rip us off, but often they are not.

There is always the complaints form if they don't put it right.
Old Feb 14th 2010, 2:19 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Madridboy
If everyone in Spain turned their power off at the same time it would not come back on for a very long time. The system would melt down, physically.
Old Feb 14th 2010, 2:36 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Fredbargate
If everyone in Spain turned their power off at the same time it would not come back on for a very long time. The system would melt down, physically.
Guess that would leave most of us in the proverbial but maybe the message would get across.

No, better not to do anything, as usual then we can go on complaining that nothing get changed.

"IF we don't tell the King that he is not wearing his clothes how will he know."
Old Feb 14th 2010, 5:22 pm

Originally Posted by John & Kath
I can only speak from my personal experience and Iberdrola offer cheaper rates than Endesa on the off peak tariff.

Their standing charge is a bit higher but overall it is a better deal.

Assuming Endesa allow me to change over , I will go with Iberdrola for the next 12 months and by then there may be better offers around and possibly a decent comparison website.