Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

electrical goods in Spain

electrical goods in Spain

Old Sep 4th 2007, 7:26 pm
Just Joined

JIM1593 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default electrical goods in Spain

Could any one tell me are electrical goods more expensive in Spain we are moving soon and we want to buy an lcd tv and a digital recorder (that works like sky +) and we were wondering if costs are similar.I know that uk tvs work ok with digital receivers but not so sure about digital recorders with epg.Any advise much appreciated.
Many Thanks Jim
Old Sep 4th 2007, 7:52 pm
Forum Regular

sortedtoo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: electrical goods in Spain

Originally Posted by JIM1593
Could any one tell me are electrical goods more expensive in Spain we are moving soon and we want to buy an lcd tv and a digital recorder (that works like sky +) and we were wondering if costs are similar.I know that uk tvs work ok with digital receivers but not so sure about digital recorders with epg.Any advise much appreciated.
Many Thanks Jim
Electricals are generally cheaper in UK
Old Sep 4th 2007, 9:32 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sortedtoo
Electricals are generally cheaper in UK
That depends where you buy them! I have seen prices cheaper in Spain - you just need to spend time looking for the best prices. In the Uk you know where to go for the best deals - its the same in Spain.

Why should they be cheaper in the UK? VAT is less in Spain and they all come from the far east anyway. The Spanish have less disposible income than the Brits - why are they not buying all their electrical goods in the UK if they are so cheap?

If you buy in the Uk your warranty will probabaly not be valid in Spain.

Last edited by Fred James; Sep 4th 2007 at 9:34 pm.
Old Sep 4th 2007, 10:01 pm
Forum Regular

sortedtoo is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Fred James
That depends where you buy them! I have seen prices cheaper in Spain - you just need to spend time looking for the best prices. In the Uk you know where to go for the best deals - its the same in Spain.

Why should they be cheaper in the UK? VAT is less in Spain and they all come from the far east anyway. The Spanish have less disposible income than the Brits - why are they not buying all their electrical goods in the UK if they are so cheap?

If you buy in the Uk your warranty will probabaly not be valid in Spain.
Probably right Fred, similar argument on furniture - I think UK is cheaper, but I don't really have time to research Spain fully.
Old Sep 4th 2007, 10:50 pm
Ex Expat

scampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond repute

Our TV was reasonably priced from Boulanger. Audio-visual seems to be reasonable in this store

However, don't buy a microwave or a toaster from here!.
Old Sep 5th 2007, 10:39 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Our LCD TV was the same here as in the UK, at least the figures were the same, but, of course it was Euros here not pounds, and that is what you have to watch.
Old Sep 6th 2007, 2:24 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikelincs
Our LCD TV was the same here as in the UK, at least the figures were the same, but, of course it was Euros here not pounds, and that is what you have to watch.
We got a better price in Spain for our Plasma, (broke after 19 months and swopped for new, not even a cough) and the DVD recorder was cheaper than UK.
As Fred says have a look about for the best prices.
Old Sep 7th 2007, 9:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

Solarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to all

Originally Posted by jdr
We got a better price in Spain for our Plasma, (broke after 19 months and swopped for new, not even a cough) and the DVD recorder was cheaper than UK.
As Fred says have a look about for the best prices.
Goods in UK are not cheaper if you have a problem and require to claim under guarantee, also Spanish White goods tend to have longer guarantee's as standard. IE 2 years, for all the goods we have bought here.
There are some good deals if you shop around, for example MASTER, have an LG LCD 42" on sale at 1199€ this week inthe two shops near me! which i beleive is really a good deal.
Old Sep 7th 2007, 9:24 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

We got a better price for our plasma Panasonic TV in Spain than the UK
Old Sep 8th 2007, 8:49 am
Just Joined

bizzbie is an unknown quantity at this point

It is just like the UK you need to shop around and you need to remember the Garentee my not be valid from the UK also there mybe spec differences