British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Spain (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/)
-   -   electric in pago (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/electric-pago-394480/)

BIG JIM Sep 29th 2006 6:12 pm

Re: electric in pago

[QUOTE=BIG JIM]

Originally Posted by paddy07
Well that is rare :beer:[/QUOTE
I wonder what colour rocking horse droppings are ??? :confused:
and while on the subject, have you noticed how you never seem to see white dog droppings anymore, in the 1970's it was everywhere, anyway thats a thread for another day ! :eek:
stop this kind of chat we are drifting of the subject of electric, ;)

I feel I must tell all what I overheard today,I was in the Venta Florentina and overheard a couple talking about PAGO and which side they lived on and there friends lived on they said coming from the town all of PAGO on the right hand side is know as "UPPER PAGO" and all on the left hand side of the road is know as "LOWER PAGO", I found it very funny as I live in what is "UPPER PAGO", :D (wonder if this has put more money on my house ??)

big wheels Sep 29th 2006 6:55 pm

[QUOTE=BIG JIM]

Originally Posted by BIG JIM
I live in what is "UPPER PAGO", :D (wonder if this has put more money on my house ??)

Hope you are out now polishing the brass nameplate by the front gate :D :D

BIG JIM Sep 29th 2006 7:06 pm

[QUOTE=big wheels]

Hope you are out now polishing the brass nameplate by the front gate :D :D

I polish something everynight and it is not my nameplate !!!!!

BIG JIM Sep 29th 2006 7:12 pm

[QUOTE=BIG JIM]

Originally Posted by big wheels
I polish something everynight and it is not my nameplate !!!!!

My friend has just PM me after seeing my upper / lower pago reply
he said he lives in middle pago.........
There is no such place........ you must mean middle earth (lord of the rings)
WE MUST GET THE PRECIOUS FOR MASTER, SMEGAL IS GOOD FOR THE MASTER (calm down now Jim, people will think you are mad) :eek:

paddy07 Sep 29th 2006 7:41 pm

[QUOTE=BIG JIM]

My friend has just PM me after seeing my upper / lower pago reply
he said he lives in middle pago.........
There is no such place........ you must mean middle earth (lord of the rings)
WE MUST GET THE PRECIOUS FOR MASTER, SMEGAL IS GOOD FOR THE MASTER (calm down now Jim, people will think you are mad) :eek:

Is pago the posh area or is lower pago the posh area

jdr Sep 29th 2006 8:44 pm

[QUOTE=BIG JIM]

I feel I must tell all what I overheard today,I was in the Venta Florentina and overheard a couple talking about PAGO and which side they lived on and there friends lived on they said coming from the town all of PAGO on the right hand side is know as "UPPER PAGO" and all on the left hand side of the road is know as "LOWER PAGO", I found it very funny as I live in what is "UPPER PAGO", :D (wonder if this has put more money on my house ??)

Why not go American and have Uptown and Downtown Pago ;)

paddy07 Sep 29th 2006 8:46 pm

[QUOTE=jdr]

that sounds good to me will big jim agree thou :beer:

NicCol Sep 30th 2006 9:48 am

[QUOTE=jdr]

No, coz that makes me downtown!

mikelincs Sep 30th 2006 10:08 am

[QUOTE=jdr]

Surely should be Alto and Bajo for here, we have to tell people that our road is the Alto bit as there are two parts, divided by a main road.

jdr Sep 30th 2006 12:00 pm

[QUOTE=NicCol]

Originally Posted by jdr

No, coz that makes me downtown!

Dont let that worry you, I had some of the best times of my life Downtown Vancouver ;) ;)

BIG JIM Sep 30th 2006 6:02 pm

[QUOTE=jdr]

Originally Posted by NicCol

Dont let that worry you, I had some of the best times of my life Downtown Vancouver ;) ;)

I like the American touch, I feel its very fitting, So just to recap I live in bel-air and the rest live in the bronx. :D

Chiclanagir Sep 30th 2006 6:04 pm

Interesting article in Costa La Luz Magazine edition 4 by Chris Fox. I quote
"The major problem evidently is the fact that unscrupulous builders (hand in hand with equally unscrupulous estage agents and lawyers) have built properties and consequently sold them, without advising their clients of the inherent problems they may suffer, ie. the electricity may be cut off at any time, that well water is becoming increasingly contaminated due to the number of wells being sunk and the deterioration of the fabric of the septic tanks. The authorities know that the water issues now of major concern and that water in this area may well fall below EEC standards in the very near future. What then??" He then goes on to say that people have followed like sheep the same recommended estate agents and lawyers............

BIG JIM Sep 30th 2006 6:15 pm

Originally Posted by glynis
"The major problem evidently is the fact that unscrupulous builders (hand in hand with equally unscrupulous estage agents and lawyers) have built properties and consequently sold them, without advising their clients of the inherent problems they may suffer, ie. the electricity may be cut off at any time, that well water is becoming increasingly contaminated due to the number of wells being sunk and the deterioration of the fabric of the septic tanks. The authorities know that the water issues now of major concern and that water in this area may well fall below EEC standards in the very near future. What then??" He then goes on to say that people have followed like sheep the same recommended estate agents and lawyers............

I feel sorry for the Spanish, because we could all get on a Plane go back to blighty and say "it was good while it lasted", leaving the Spanish with either contaminated water or worse no water left at all !!

paddy07 Sep 30th 2006 6:48 pm

Originally Posted by glynis

Baa Baa He got on the band wagon aswell or did he not

BIG JIM Sep 30th 2006 9:28 pm

Originally Posted by paddy07
Baa Baa He got on the band wagon aswell or did he not

I think everyone else has gone to bed, as there is only me and you paddy talking