British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Spain (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/)
-   -   electric in pago (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/electric-pago-394480/)

gallerie9 Sep 6th 2006 8:08 am

Re: electric in pago

Originally Posted by poollounger
No in the vendors name but standing order from our bank account....fingers crossed. We did go in to Endesa and tell them the situation. The vendor had owned the land, employed a builder. We shall see. The meters have certainly been there for a while.

When we brought our house the estate agent changed everything in to our name. the electric the water etc. That was done before any money was taken from our account.

poollounger Sep 6th 2006 8:26 am

Originally Posted by gallerie9
When we brought our house the estate agent changed everything in to our name. the electric the water etc. That was done before any money was taken from our account.

The estate agent was going to do it....we don't have mains water, sewage or land telephone.. she said she would go and stand in line as part of her service, but the vendor said he would do it on the phone, just needed a photocopy of our passports, NIE number and bank account details. We are not unduly concerned yet, as it may just have been easier to leave the bills in his name as they are going to his office. Imagine trying to do something similar in Britain??

Chiclanagir Sep 6th 2006 5:34 pm

As a matter of interest I had a look at the web site of my estate agent. Loads of properties in Marquesado, but, not one mention of legal properties or problems with electricity and water in the area. Strange! Mind you the prices have gone up some since we bought two years ago.

paddy07 Sep 7th 2006 6:46 pm

Originally Posted by glynis
As a matter of interest I had a look at the web site of my estate agent. Loads of properties in Marquesado, but, not one mention of legal properties or problems with electricity and water in the area. Strange! Mind you the prices have gone up some since we bought two years ago.

Thats right they will never tell you the bad news , but the good is property has gone up in price only if you have a meter, if you have had your electric removed and on a generator at the moment its not Worth a great deal :scared:

BIG JIM Sep 7th 2006 11:18 pm

Originally Posted by paddy07
Thats right they will never tell you the bad news , but the good is property has gone up in price only if you have a meter, if you have had your electric removed and on a generator at the moment its not Worth a great deal :scared:

My nextdoor neighbour (who is Spanish) works for Endesa (high up in the office)and the rule is simple if the meter contract is in YOUR NAME you are LEGAL,
If the meter contract is in your builders, estate agents, previous owner, a bloke you meet in a venta or even the stray dog by the bins name it is ILLEGAL AND YOU WILL BE CUT OFF
this is as near to the horses mouth as you will get.do not believe anyone who tells you otherwise.
until you have a contract in your name get those candles ready :scared:
and if you live in PAGO DEL HUMO, CHICLANA you WILL be next for the CHOP
YOU WOULD NOT BUY A HOUSE IN THE U.K WITH OUT A LEGAL ELECTRIC CONTRACT, SO WHY DO IT HERE.

Chiclanagir Sep 8th 2006 2:59 pm

Originally Posted by BIG JIM
My nextdoor neighbour (who is Spanish) works for Endesa (high up in the office)and the rule is simple if the meter contract is in YOUR NAME you are LEGAL,
If the meter contract is in your builders, estate agents, previous owner, a bloke you meet in a venta or even the stray dog by the bins name it is ILLEGAL AND YOU WILL BE CUT OFF
this is as near to the horses mouth as you will get.do not believe anyone who tells you otherwise.
YOU WOULD NOT BUY A HOUSE IN THE U.K WITH OUT A LEGAL ELECTRIC CONTRACT, SO WHY DO IT HERE.

Well it was Endesa´s contractors who put our meter in (Pago) so surely they wouldn´t put an illegal meter in!!!! Also your last comment, no you wouldn´t but when you are told by your solicitor that you will have a legal meter you tend to believe them, especially when you have no knowledge of the problems in the area.

poollounger Sep 8th 2006 6:33 pm

Interesting......if the meter is registered in a name which is John Doe, how are they to know whether he is the rightful owner or occupier of the house if they have no other documentation ??? For all they know the builder could be living there, and even have more than one house (or wife). If the bill is in the builders name but the standing orders are coming out of your account direct to Endesa then how do they reconcile the two ?? I think it can be a lot more complicated than you think....

culchie Sep 11th 2006 7:53 am

Originally Posted by poollounger
Interesting......if the meter is registered in a name which is John Doe, how are they to know whether he is the rightful owner or occupier of the house if they have no other documentation ??? For all they know the builder could be living there, and even have more than one house (or wife). If the bill is in the builders name but the standing orders are coming out of your account direct to Endesa then how do they reconcile the two ?? I think it can be a lot more complicated than you think....

Recently our builder's lads came along and did some prep work on our elec. cables, promptly followed by Endesa's contractors who installed a meter. Then I went to Endesa and registered that meter in my name (easy - you need escritura, DNI and bank code plus the meter no and the builder's name). Subsequent to that another batch of Endesa contractors came along and changed the first meter for a second one which is now MY meter. I think the first one was a builder's meter or something. Don't wait for your builder to change the name ...DIY.

poollounger Sep 11th 2006 10:46 am

Originally Posted by culchie
Recently our builder's lads came along and did some prep work on our elec. cables, promptly followed by Endesa's contractors who installed a meter. Then I went to Endesa and registered that meter in my name (easy - you need escritura, DNI and bank code plus the meter no and the builder's name). Subsequent to that another batch of Endesa contractors came along and changed the first meter for a second one which is now MY meter. I think the first one was a builder's meter or something. Don't wait for your builder to change the name ...DIY.

Sounds like something similar to what we have...we did try to the change the name but they mixed it up at Endesa...builder/vendor's administrator phoned to say it had all been sorted and would be correct on the next bill.. we shall see...

Chiclanagir Sep 11th 2006 10:50 am

Did you have to pay a fine? Where do you live?

paddy07 Sep 16th 2006 8:23 pm

Originally Posted by glynis
Did you have to pay a fine? Where do you live?

anyone have any more news on the electric in pago

culchie Sep 16th 2006 10:50 pm

Originally Posted by paddy07
anyone have any more news on the electric in pago

Yes, Out around Venta Raya they have been in with the diggers and torn out 500m + of elec. supply.
lines/post etc. Also anyone on a shared meter is now on the hit-list and they are being disconnected too.

BIG JIM Sep 17th 2006 8:52 am

Yes, Out around Venta Raya they have been in with the diggers and torn out 500m + of elec. supply.
lines/post etc. Also anyone on a shared meter is now on the hit-list and they are being disconnected too.

I live in Pago and the digger, endesa and the police where in the road next to mine on friday, I went to watch and they where ripping out the cable to the line of villas.
thankfully I have my own meter shared with no one,
some people think they are safe if they chip in with a few euros when the bill comes in at the neighbours whose meter it is, or if they pay the builder but this is re-selling electric, which is illegal.

culchie Sep 17th 2006 9:02 am

I live in Pago and the digger, endesa and the police where in the road next to mine on friday, I went to watch and they where ripping out the cable to the line of villas.
some people think they are safe if they chip in with a few euros when the bill comes in at the neighbours whose meter it is, or if they pay the builder but this is re-selling electric, which is illegal.

Apparently people who had shared meters had everything ripped out including the meter - leaving gaping holes in walls So anyone in this situation should have it regularised asap.

flamingo Sep 17th 2006 12:54 pm

Hi Big Jim

We also live in Pago del Humo and have not been out since April.

Where abouts in Pago del Humo were they ripping out the cables. Do you know the street name.