British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Spain (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/)
-   -   electric in pago (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/electric-pago-394480/)

paddy07 Sep 3rd 2006 6:48 pm

electric in pago

I here there starting to cut of shared meters in pago now :mad:

Fred James Sep 3rd 2006 8:12 pm

Re: electric in pago

And where is Pago?

poollounger Sep 4th 2006 8:49 am

Originally Posted by Fred James
And where is Pago?

Chiclana....do you know anyone who has been disconnected for certain ??? Rumours can sometimes worry people unneccessarily.

Chiclanagir Sep 4th 2006 11:12 am

Originally Posted by poollounger
Chiclana....do you know anyone who has been disconnected for certain ??? Rumours can sometimes worry people unneccessarily.

I know people in Marquesado and also there is a chap up near you called John who has been told he definitely won´t be allowed electric. My neighbour was cut off twice end of last week (Pago) and he has a meter but I don´t think our builder had paid the bill (still not in our names) the odd thing was they didn´t cut ours and it is the same builder and the meters were put in at the same time!

jjh Sep 4th 2006 4:18 pm

Originally Posted by glynis
I know people in Marquesado and also there is a chap up near you called John who has been told he definitely won´t be allowed electric. My neighbour was cut off twice end of last week (Pago) and he has a meter but I don´t think our builder had paid the bill (still not in our names) the odd thing was they didn´t cut ours and it is the same builder and the meters were put in at the same time!

Hi Glynis

Better get the name sorted out as it's illegal for your builder to re-sell electricity to you, which in effect he is doing if you are giving him money. That's the reason that they are now starting to cut off shared meters.

Chiclanagir Sep 4th 2006 5:14 pm

Originally Posted by jjh
Hi Glynis

Better get the name sorted out as it's illegal for your builder to re-sell electricity to you, which in effect he is doing if you are giving him money. That's the reason that they are now starting to cut off shared meters.

The meter isn´t shared and we haven´t paid him any money. Apparently he has now paid the fine and is getting the meter put in our name, hopefully!!!!!!

jjh Sep 4th 2006 5:47 pm

The meter isn´t shared and we haven´t paid him any money. Apparently he has now paid the fine and is getting the meter put in our name, hopefully!!!!!!

I'm sure this isn't the case as far as you are concerned, Glynis, but thought others ought to know this. In Marquesado, my friend's neighbour had the meter that was at his house taken out because it wasn't registered to that property. It was discovered when they came to disconnect the rest of the houses for illegal supply. :eek:

paddy07 Sep 4th 2006 6:58 pm

Hi Glynis you need to get your meter in your name and get your builder to do it quick other wise they will come to cut you all off i have had this done to me and not very nice

dazzle Sep 4th 2006 7:10 pm

I can't understand why he didn't just register the meter in your name from outset. I would have thought it would be simpler in the long run.

paddy07 Sep 4th 2006 7:14 pm

i think it might have to do with all the money they have to pay and we all no they dont like parting with there dinero :confused:

dazzle Sep 4th 2006 7:17 pm

Originally Posted by jjh
I'm sure this isn't the case as far as you are concerned, Glynis, but thought others ought to know this. In Marquesado, my friend's neighbour had the meter that was at his house taken out because it wasn't registered to that property. :eek:

This happened to a friend of mine when she applied to have the name changed.

Dxf Sep 4th 2006 10:20 pm

Hi I think that they are removing agricultural meters that are supplying residentual houses that are not in the "yellow" (soon to be urbanised zone). So a friend who has been cut off told me. However, if you are cut off AND are in a yellow zone, simply supply a 901 / 902 and request a meter (some hopes) DXF

poollounger Sep 5th 2006 6:50 am

We were told from the outset that we had our own meter, and have been paying by a standing order, with an account number. There are several meters on the gated entrance to our cul de sac. When our elex went a while back we ascertained (we think) which one was ours as it has an extra RCB which had tripped. The bills we believed were going to the estate agent, but this was not so. A trip to Endesa revealed that they were going to the vendor, who has a large visible office in town. We changed the address to our friends in Barossa. However the first two bills that arrived were in different amounts to the standing orders. So we made a visit in person to to the vendor's office with a Spanish friend, who explained the situation. Some head scratching later the secretary was on the case, and has phoned to tell my friend that we should know have the correct bill, as Endesa had not tallied meters etc etc. We shall see. Or maybe get disconnected instead?? :confused: :D :eek: I think they just get it confused and wrong sometimes ??

Chiclanagir Sep 5th 2006 10:46 am

Originally Posted by poollounger
We were told from the outset that we had our own meter, and have been paying by a standing order, with an account number. There are several meters on the gated entrance to our cul de sac. When our elex went a while back we ascertained (we think) which one was ours as it has an extra RCB which had tripped. The bills we believed were going to the estate agent, but this was not so. A trip to Endesa revealed that they were going to the vendor, who has a large visible office in town. We changed the address to our friends in Barossa. However the first two bills that arrived were in different amounts to the standing orders. So we made a visit in person to to the vendor's office with a Spanish friend, who explained the situation. Some head scratching later the secretary was on the case, and has phoned to tell my friend that we should know have the correct bill, as Endesa had not tallied meters etc etc. We shall see. Or maybe get disconnected instead?? :confused: :D :eek: I think they just get it confused and wrong sometimes ??

Now I am confused. Was the bill actually in your name?

poollounger Sep 6th 2006 7:58 am

Now I am confused. Was the bill actually in your name?

No in the vendors name but standing order from our bank account....fingers crossed. We did go in to Endesa and tell them the situation. The vendor had owned the land, employed a builder. We shall see. The meters have certainly been there for a while.