British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Spain (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/)
-   -   Electical Shops ? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/electical-shops-514849/)

BigD Feb 16th 2008 4:07 pm

Electical Shops ?

I am looking for a shop who sells Fridges / Freezers.
Either Online or near Javea region ?
Kind Regards :confused:

lcortez Feb 16th 2008 4:27 pm

Re: Electical Shops ?

What about Carrefour,believe they have a branch near you,or failing that theirs a pretty good branch in Finestrat,think they have an online presence as well:)
If Finestrats to far, I seem to remember a similar question not to long ago to which another poster posted a link to a pretty good website,try a quick thread search,should bring it up:)

spanishfamily Feb 16th 2008 5:37 pm

Try the Corte Ingles website - they sell practically everything!

Econ Feb 16th 2008 7:14 pm

Originally Posted by spanishfamily (Post 5941943)
Try the Corte Ingles website - they sell practically everything!

Yes they do... but at a price. Unless it is food stuff you are likely to pay over the odds in ECI. :unsure: also it will probably take hours to find the way back out. :rofl:

I don't know your area but Carrefour is probably a good option as suggested, unless anyone knows of a discount goods store up there. :)

Lionda Feb 16th 2008 8:55 pm

We bought our white goods from a large electrical shop in Calpe. Sorry, can't remember the name of the store but they had a huge selection on two floors and good prices. I'll look for the receipt tomorrow and let you know the name.

Bri and Katee Feb 17th 2008 6:49 am

Tien 21, they are a series of small shops linked together to offer good deals on electrical stuff. They ususually have branches in all major towns,cities and they have a website, google the name!

jdr Feb 17th 2008 7:02 am

Originally Posted by Econ (Post 5942216)
Yes they do... but at a price. Unless it is food stuff you are likely to pay over the odds in ECI. :unsure: also it will probably take hours to find the way back out. :rofl:

I don't know your area but Carrefour is probably a good option as suggested, unless anyone knows of a discount goods store up there. :)

You must be talking about the Fuengirola one, it`s bad enough in the car park but worse outside, we know the area, imagine what its like for a visitor. ;-)

Ragomuffin Feb 17th 2008 9:38 am

I think your nearest Carrefour is probably in Gandia.

HERE

Rosemary Feb 17th 2008 11:54 am

Originally Posted by Bri and Katee (Post 5943916)
Tien 21, they are a series of small shops linked together to offer good deals on electrical stuff. They ususually have branches in all major towns,cities and they have a website, google the name!

Their prices are extremely competetive too. We always buy from our local one because they are often cheaper than Carrefour and the people are so helpful and friendly.

Rosemary

Econ Feb 17th 2008 11:58 am

Originally Posted by jdr (Post 5943951)
You must be talking about the Fuengirola one, it`s bad enough in the car park but worse outside, we know the area, imagine what its like for a visitor. ;-)

Yes the Fuengirola store one is probably one of the worst ones but it seems to be a general trend in ECI... I think they adopt an attitude of 'keep them in and they will spend more' :D

Bri and Katee Feb 17th 2008 12:02 pm

Forgot to add, the Tien 21 we bought from was in Dolores and we wanted the goods inland close to Pinoso, as we had spent 1700€ they delivered free of charge the next day, then unpacked and fitted the appliances on arrival! Of course we tipped the driver and mate 20€, something we would never do in the UK. But they seemed a nice enough couple of guys and very helpful, not just drop the goods inside your front door like in the UK.

Lionda Feb 17th 2008 2:38 pm

The name of the electrical shop we used was Galerias in Calpe.

Take a look HERE for some electrical shops.

montgomail Feb 18th 2008 10:13 am

I always use Pineda in Denia for electrical goods. Their address is in Lionda´s link.

Rosemary Feb 18th 2008 11:34 am

Originally Posted by Bri and Katee (Post 5944891)
Forgot to add, the Tien 21 we bought from was in Dolores and we wanted the goods inland close to Pinoso, as we had spent 1700€ they delivered free of charge the next day, then unpacked and fitted the appliances on arrival! Of course we tipped the driver and mate 20€, something we would never do in the UK. But they seemed a nice enough couple of guys and very helpful, not just drop the goods inside your front door like in the UK.

Think you will find that the unpacking and installing of goods is standard practice in Spain. Not only with electrical goods but furniture too. We had a large pine dresser delivered and they had an extremely difficult job getting it up the stairs and into the dining room. When we held out money for a tip they initially refused to take it and it was only our persistence that made them in the end give in.

Rosemary

mikelincs Feb 18th 2008 8:20 pm

Originally Posted by lcortez (Post 5941763)
What about Carrefour,believe they have a branch near you,or failing that theirs a pretty good branch in Finestrat,think they have an online presence as well:)
If Finestrats to far, I seem to remember a similar question not to long ago to which another poster posted a link to a pretty good website,try a quick thread search,should bring it up:)

You might be better NOT considering Carrefour for large electrical items as there aftersales service is very poor, they will NOT collect the item from you if it goes wrong, even under guarantee, you ahve to get it to the repairers yourselves. Master is a good chain, very reasonable prices, and usually good guarantees.