Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Elche Fireworks - Nit de l'Alba

Elche Fireworks - Nit de l'Alba

Old Aug 15th 2008, 10:02 am
Grapes are good 4 U !

GrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud of
Default Elche Fireworks - Nit de l'Alba

Did anybody go to the BIG AWESOME firework night in Elche (near Alicante, Costa Blanca). WOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWW!

An awesome night out (if you like fireworks). Unbelievable display and FREE !!! All part of their Fiesta calendar.

It's hard to describe it really - but no ordinary firework display, more a war-zone, even the most over-zealous war-monger would have cowered at the sheer volume, noise, power and spectacle of this event. You had to be there to understand ... it was relentless and still going strong when we left at 3am.

Forget Health and Safety, kids as young as 5 have mini-crackers and bangers, dads who should know better acting like teenagers. Afterwards the "Guerrilla Carretillas" have 'organised' firework fights (in combat gear) !!!!

But the atmosphere was fantastic and what a lovely place to visit anyway is Elche.

The action was mainly in the Elche city centre, but could be heard and seen for miles around. Well recommended for next year.

For a taster see YouTube - warning it's very noisey and lots of flashes.
Old Aug 15th 2008, 12:44 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Elche Fireworks - Nit de l'Alba

Thank you for putting this on, it is absolutely amazing. We love fireworks and enjoy watching them from our roof terrace and never get over the fact that even the smallest of towns have great displays.

Rosemary
Old Aug 15th 2008, 4:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

linda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud of

Wow, that was some display Grapeater, hopefully be there to see it next year
Old Aug 16th 2008, 11:42 am
Grapes are good 4 U !

GrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by linda Coyle
Wow, that was some display Grapeater, hopefully be there to see it next year
There's already a NEW Video on YouTube of THIS YEAR's ELCHE FIREWORK DISPLAY ... and I was there ... among 100,000's !!!

Check out - http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=FE4nV1PxGKo
Old Aug 16th 2008, 12:41 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GrapeEater
There's already a NEW Video on YouTube of THIS YEAR's ELCHE FIREWORK DISPLAY ... and I was there ... among 100,000's !!!

Check out - http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=FE4nV1PxGKo
Correct me if I am wrong but I am getting the feeling that you enjoyed your evening just a little bit and from your post cat and cream come to mind.

Rosemary

P.S. On my part it is 100% jealousy that I was not there.
Old Aug 16th 2008, 1:10 pm
Grapes are good 4 U !

Originally Posted by The Oddities
Correct me if I am wrong but I am getting the feeling that you enjoyed your evening just a little bit and from your post, cat and cream come to mind. Rosemary P.S. On my part it is 100% jealousy that I was not there.
No it was really boring adn I'm just doing my bit for the Elche Tourist Board. In fact it's all made up with computer graphics...

I lead a sheltered life !!!
Old Aug 16th 2008, 1:34 pm
Banned

jurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of light

a good night was had by all , was good display and people behind it work had for this and we Drank beer on a roof top watched it ok we had one are to people how drop in who did not know who there were but add to the fun night
we down at carrer Forn Fondo at Plastic (bar)
Old Aug 17th 2008, 6:40 am
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Oddities
Correct me if I am wrong but I am getting the feeling that you enjoyed your evening just a little bit and from your post cat and cream come to mind.

Rosemary

P.S. On my part it is 100% jealousy that I was not there.
if you do go next year, be careful

http://www.typicallyspanish.com/news...le_17705.shtml
Old Aug 17th 2008, 7:18 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lynnxa
Keep your extremities, well errr...... unextremed.
Old Aug 17th 2008, 8:17 am
Grapes are good 4 U !

Originally Posted by lynnxa
if you do go next year, be careful
23 isn't that bad considering the amount of people at the event and the sheer fire power unleashed. Of course the Guerillas are extremists (read MADDDDDD !!)

Still glad is wasn't me!
Old Aug 17th 2008, 1:08 pm
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

I would keep my family well away from that crackpot event