Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

El Corte Inglés

El Corte Inglés

Old Jun 1st 2013, 4:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: El Corte Inglés

Originally Posted by Rosemary
It is the same with things marked L, XL, XXL, XXXL, the sizes are stupidly way off.

Rosemary
I happen to be taller than average and find most tee shirts end above the waistline ( not a pretty sight )

However if one moves up the sizes i.e. from XL to XXL the shirts just get fatter not longer
Old Jun 1st 2013, 4:14 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by amideislas
The Chinese socks must be some sort of luxury product here.

Apparently, sock thieves sneak into our house at night and steal just one of hubbies' cheap socks. Happens all the time.
http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/97393

Lots of feasible as well as unlikely explanations here.
Old Jun 1st 2013, 4:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cricketman
Come on. Have you ever bought anything from Primark?

I was fooled into buying some socks from there. They got holes in them after one wash

Sometimes you get what you pay for
Sure a lot fof it is rubbish but I bought some pyjamas and a lovely big fluffy dressing gown for about 12€ three winters ago and they are still fine. It's no worse than other places which charge twice as much.
Old Jun 1st 2013, 10:32 pm
Forum Regular

ionie is an unknown quantity at this point

I love Primark. It's like Christmas shopping every day.
I love El Corte Inglés. The service in the coffee bar is great.
I love Mercadona. My first choice for the weekly shop.
I hope they all stay.
Old Jun 1st 2013, 11:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

jennieJ is a splendid one to beholdjennieJ is a splendid one to beholdjennieJ is a splendid one to beholdjennieJ is a splendid one to beholdjennieJ is a splendid one to beholdjennieJ is a splendid one to beholdjennieJ is a splendid one to beholdjennieJ is a splendid one to beholdjennieJ is a splendid one to beholdjennieJ is a splendid one to beholdjennieJ is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by ionie
I love El Corte Inglés. The service in the coffee bar is great.
I love Mercadona. My first choice for the weekly shop.
I hope they all stay.
Me too as no harm in a bit of choice and diversity when it comes to shopping. Room for allsorts.

I've got a weird foot thing going on as well. Tiny size 3's i.e. 36 but the feet aren't particularly slim, manufacturers seem to assume that a short foot means a slim foot not a chubby one.

Hubbie has managed to solve the sock problem a bit with getting Pringles, not sure if these are now made in China but Pringle have managed to keep hold of the quality control somehow, they seem to last and are comfy to him so cheap in the long run, a bad fitting sock, shoe or tights are a right nuisance.
Old Jun 2nd 2013, 5:33 am
BE Enthusiast

bealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly
made for midgets.
Your statment is not on par with 'a typical foreigner living in Spain' statement. Perception is a reality, regardless of your intent.
I was a 'typical foreigner' when I moved to Spain - didn't think I was until I witnessed & heard certain things, I quickly changed my ways and behaviour.

But, I never refered to our host country people as midg*ets
DSB.
Old Jun 2nd 2013, 6:26 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ionie
Christmas is when children play with the wrapping.
Old Jun 2nd 2013, 9:04 am
BE Forum Addict

Lynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jennieJ
Me too as no harm in a bit of choice and diversity when it comes to shopping. Room for allsorts.

I've got a weird foot thing going on as well. Tiny size 3's i.e. 36 but the feet aren't particularly slim, manufacturers seem to assume that a short foot means a slim foot not a chubby one.

Hubbie has managed to solve the sock problem a bit with getting Pringles, not sure if these are now made in China but Pringle have managed to keep hold of the quality control somehow, they seem to last and are comfy to him so cheap in the long run, a bad fitting sock, shoe or tights are a right nuisance.
Last time I was back in the UK I noticed that Pringle socks (and Pierre Cardin) were on sale in TK Maxx at really good prices, maybe because it was the run-up to Christmas. Oh, how I wish we had TK Maxx in Spain.

I have the opposite problem with shoes, I take a size 40 but a narrow fitting and a lot of shoes are just too wide. Just have to keep trying on until I find some that fit. I do find it easier in Spain these days as years ago they didn't sell sizes that big in most shops, but now everywhere has them.
Old Jun 2nd 2013, 9:10 am
Forum Regular

Cats-R-Us has a brilliant futureCats-R-Us has a brilliant futureCats-R-Us has a brilliant futureCats-R-Us has a brilliant futureCats-R-Us has a brilliant futureCats-R-Us has a brilliant futureCats-R-Us has a brilliant future

Have used the 2 El Corte Ingles in Alicante when we lived that way and now use the one in Granada. My OH prefers the Alicante ones as they had a ferreteria section (don't know if they still do). I have an ECI card which, if you spend more than 35 euros using it when visiting the Granada shop, gives you free parking in their car park. I usually have no problem spending 35 euros there as we live far enough away to only make the trip around 4 times a year. Have also used their Oportunidad store near Malaga airport. It sells end of range stuff and managed to save my OH 100 euros on a leather jacket - OK so it cost him 100 euros too but it was a big saving!!!
Old Jun 2nd 2013, 9:23 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Cats-R-Us
I have an ECI card which, if you spend more than 35 euros using it when visiting the Granada shop, gives you free parking in their car park.
The Algeciras branch has always had 2 hours free parking and often all day free for anyone.

I have used it to shop nearby
Old Jun 2nd 2013, 9:23 am
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bealerDSB
Your statment is not on par with 'a typical foreigner living in Spain' statement. Perception is a reality, regardless of your intent.
I was a 'typical foreigner' when I moved to Spain - didn't think I was until I witnessed & heard certain things, I quickly changed my ways and behaviour.

But, I never refered to our host country people as midg*ets
DSB.
Neither did I.
You are jumping to conclusions. There's another perfectly feasible explanation if you think about it.
Anyway, if you're going to go all PC on me, then the less said the better.
Old Jun 2nd 2013, 11:03 am
FreeThinker

jimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond repute

I only ever buy identical black socks so it doesn't matter if one of each pair goes missing - they are all the same.
Old Jun 2nd 2013, 1:18 pm
On the road again.

Originally Posted by jimenato
I only ever buy identical black socks so it doesn't matter if one of each pair goes missing - they are all the same.
Yes, my lad does that.
That way you can be sure they'll all find their way back home to roost,...one day.
Old Jun 2nd 2013, 3:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

johnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly
Yes, my lad does that.
That way you can be sure they'll all find their way back home to roost,...one day.
I tried that but as you get to a certain age its Old Spice or socks for birthdays etc. so still get odd ones.
I have been pairing up socks this morning just how many shades of black are there?
Plenty of singles as well.
Old Jun 2nd 2013, 4:47 pm
On the road again.

Why not save a lot of bother and just follow the trend ?

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Odd-s...07252119299409

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.