El Chorro

Old May 5th 2008, 7:44 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute
Default El Chorro

I know a few of you have been there, but have you been to this bit ?

http://www.brightcove.tv/title.jsp?title=1438490562

Put it on full screen.
Old May 5th 2008, 8:14 pm
Just Joined

jules h is on a distinguished road
Default Re: El Chorro

Thanks for the link to a really amazing clip. Really worth a look.
El Chorro is a great place but think I will contine to enjoy it my way. From the bottom!!!
Old May 5th 2008, 8:15 pm
Banned

me me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond repute

OH my God, I was terrified and I was sitting on my sofa.
Old May 5th 2008, 8:16 pm
Happy in my bubble

Sam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jdr
I know a few of you have been there, but have you been to this bit ?

http://www.brightcove.tv/title.jsp?title=1438490562

Put it on full screen.

dont think i could have walked that was bad enough just watching it - scarey stuff
Old May 5th 2008, 8:33 pm
Forum Regular

happybunny has a brilliant futurehappybunny has a brilliant futurehappybunny has a brilliant futurehappybunny has a brilliant futurehappybunny has a brilliant futurehappybunny has a brilliant futurehappybunny has a brilliant future

brillant video clip,where abouts is this place
Old May 5th 2008, 8:49 pm
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

Dear god.

I really don't like heights, so there is no way I will be going there!
Old May 5th 2008, 8:57 pm

Same Difference is an unknown quantity at this point

No health and safety there then?

Jeez, that is frightening!
Old May 5th 2008, 10:16 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by happybunny
brillant video clip,where abouts is this place
It`s inland from Malaga city, on the way to Granada, Alorra I think its called, they do free trips there with the blanket trip people, you can get info at the Palermo Park carboot on wednesdays.
It`s where they filmed the train scenes in Frank Sinatras film "Von Ryans Express"
Old May 6th 2008, 6:42 am
Family man

CBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by jdr
It`s inland from Malaga city, on the way to Granada, Alorra I think its called, they do free trips there with the blanket trip people, you can get info at the Palermo Park carboot on wednesdays.
It`s where they filmed the train scenes in Frank Sinatras film "Von Ryans Express"
That was one of the most scarey footage i have ever seen. Absolutley fantastic though. That took a brave person. I am, though, facinated by the history of it. What a great place.
Old May 6th 2008, 6:57 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

Originally Posted by CBANDY
That was one of the most scarey footage i have ever seen. Absolutley fantastic though. That took a brave person. I am, though, facinated by the history of it. What a great place.
Just Google it there is lots on it like THIS
Old May 6th 2008, 6:58 am
BE Enthusiast

Bri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond repute

definately would be off limits to the health and safety zealots in the UK!!!

I like the way the guy just didn't seem to have any fear, I was worried just watching the movie! Especially the parts where he passed the others, one guy was even tethered to the wall with a sliding harness, he just walked around him!
Old May 6th 2008, 7:02 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

Originally Posted by Bri and Katee
definately would be off limits to the health and safety zealots in the UK!!!

I like the way the guy just didn't seem to have any fear, I was worried just watching the movie! Especially the parts where he passed the others, one guy was even tethered to the wall with a sliding harness, he just walked around him!
In the last three years 5 people have fallen off it.
Look on the link I gave to it in the previous post, it was made out of planks of wood.
Old May 6th 2008, 7:32 am
Account Closed

El Capitan is an unknown quantity at this point

Have visited El Chooro a few times and the Camino de Rey is now closed to walkers. Many people wish they had tried the "walk" before it was closed. Note that in the clip the green bridge to the left looking downstream is a railway bridge on the old Alora to Bobadillo line.
Old May 6th 2008, 8:18 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

Originally Posted by El Capitan
Have visited El Chooro a few times and the Camino de Rey is now closed to walkers. Many people wish they had tried the "walk" before it was closed. Note that in the clip the green bridge to the left looking downstream is a railway bridge on the old Alora to Bobadillo line.
Thats the bridge where Frankie got shot in the film.;-))
Old May 6th 2008, 8:57 am
Account Closed

El Capitan is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jdr
Thats the bridge where Frankie got shot in the film.;-))

Ouch, painful. And I thought he was shot in the chest

Seriously though, El Chorro (correct spelling this time) is a dramatic place to visit, as are the lakes. If driving in from the West side as you would from or to the lakes it is worth taking the little dead end road which winds up to a cafe bar perched high on the hill next to a pump reservoir and you get a fantastic view down over the gorge.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.