Egypt

Old Mar 27th 2007, 10:23 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Egypt

Originally Posted by SmartiesUK
For those who have never had a shave in Egypt they get a regular length of cotton and put one end in their teeth and then hold onto the other end and then run the cotton back and forwards over your face. The cotton twists and in twisting it rips all your facial hair out We went in and sat next to each other, unsuspecting, trusting tourists, and then when they started doing this all you could here was arggg fu**inell and stuff. It took about 30 minutes to clear all facial hair right up to the scalp. The forehead was the worst cos we was sunburned anyway. It was sooo funny though I almost weed through laughing and pain cos I had told Derbyflan it was relaxing. We were in the chair saying "this has got something to do with the Iraq war it has to" it was that painful. We walked out like shiny beacons and in shock Still earlier in the year I was in Turkey and had a shave and the bloke set fire to my ears, the missus was wetting herself and theres this barber saying "Shish Kebab" and laughing and I can smell burning flesh. One way of getting rid of the hair I guess though I could have done that myself and saved a few bob

No guts to do it again Derbyflan I will if you will
LOL.
Old Mar 27th 2007, 2:52 pm
ex-squaddie

derbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond repute

Ah! bo!!ock$ go on then!

We'll have to have a few 'looseners' first though - you bl**dy Masochist

And you know that this time - both of the Mrs want to watch. I'm sure mine only wants to see me suffer for all the years we've been married
Old Mar 27th 2007, 5:30 pm
Popping in for a chat

Lionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by derbyflan
Ah! bo!!ock$ go on then!

We'll have to have a few 'looseners' first though - you bl**dy Masochist

And you know that this time - both of the Mrs want to watch. I'm sure mine only wants to see me suffer for all the years we've been married
I would pay to see that - my hubby says he would pay to see them pull out the hairs in the palm of your hands (the first sign of madness)
Old Apr 15th 2007, 6:51 pm
ex-squaddie

derbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond repute

Me and my muckker Smarties will raise a glass or seventeen to those of you selling up, pulling out, living in Spain and/or just thinking about it when we meet on the sun terrace in Luxor tomorrow night.

Yippppeeeeee

Old Apr 15th 2007, 7:04 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Have a good time you lucky :curse: :curse:
Old Apr 15th 2007, 7:57 pm
Smarties

SmartiesUK is just really niceSmartiesUK is just really niceSmartiesUK is just really niceSmartiesUK is just really niceSmartiesUK is just really niceSmartiesUK is just really niceSmartiesUK is just really niceSmartiesUK is just really niceSmartiesUK is just really nice

[QUOTE=derbyflan;4645876]Me and my muckker Smarties will raise a glass or seventeen to those of you selling up, pulling out, living in Spain and/or just thinking about it when we meet on the sun terrace in Luxor tomorrow night.

YippppeeeeeeQUOTE]

I will second that me old china

See ya soon, its only 35 degrees
Old Apr 25th 2007, 9:08 am
ex-squaddie

So, we're back!

So good to spend some time with my best mate. A bit low-key this time; probably due to the expensive drinks and the fact that we're getting older Plenty of food, sun and good company. Days spent relaxing by the pool discussing relocating overseas and having a laugh etc.

So depressing coming home even though it'll only be for 2 more years before I leave here for good. Just can't wait. Start a new job on Monday which I'm not in the least bit interested in. I'm going to have to commute around the M25 and M3 but it's a means to an end I suppose.

Hope everyone's well and your house sales are going through, plans are coming to fruition and your all moving closer to fulfilling that dream. And for those of you who've already made the move - you'll know that as soon as you get back into the depressing, grey UK that you did the right thing.
Old Apr 25th 2007, 10:00 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

So, we're back!

So good to spend some time with my best mate. A bit low-key this time; probably due to the expensive drinks and the fact that we're getting older Plenty of food, sun and good company. Days spent relaxing by the pool discussing relocating overseas and having a laugh etc.

So depressing coming home even though it'll only be for 2 more years before I leave here for good. Just can't wait. Start a new job on Monday which I'm not in the least bit interested in. I'm going to have to commute around the M25 and M3 but it's a means to an end I suppose.

Hope everyone's well and your house sales are going through, plans are coming to fruition and your all moving closer to fulfilling that dream. And for those of you who've already made the move - you'll know that as soon as you get back into the depressing, grey UK that you did the right thing.
Great to hear that you had a good time.

You asked about the siesta thread and I know you will get answered by the person that you asked but it is about us all talking about non-spanish things so I guess your trip will be moved there.

Rosemary
Old Apr 25th 2007, 10:19 am
ex-squaddie

No worries Rosemary.

At least I'll be moving somewhere even if it is just to another thread
Old Apr 25th 2007, 10:54 am
Young at heart

jandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond repute

So, we're back!

Hi Derbyflan,welcome back,good luck with the new job on Monday,I dont envy you having to face the M25 though
Old Apr 25th 2007, 11:03 am
ex-squaddie

Hmmm! Leave home at 6.15, start work at 8. Leave work at 5. Get home at Oh My God'o'clock:curse:
Old Apr 25th 2007, 11:18 am
Young at heart

jandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond repute

Hmmm! Leave home at 6.15, start work at 8. Leave work at 5. Get home at Oh My God'o'clock:curse:
Jeeeez thats tough my O/H works long hours,but at least it only takes ten minutes to get there.Oh and you will be traveling in the rush hour,yer can be sat an age on the M25 and not move,has you will know,get a camp bed at the office
Old Apr 26th 2007, 6:08 am
Livin' in Spain at last!

chrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: Egypt

Originally Posted by jandy44
Hi Derbyflan,welcome back,good luck with the new job on Monday,I dont envy you having to face the M25 though
Hi you two, welcome back! Glad you enjoyed yourselves. Good luck with the new job Monday, know what you mean about no interest. But just a temporary annoyance that will hopefully pass quickly. And I agree with Jean about the M25, and anyone else that has to use it on a regular basis!