British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Spain (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/)
-   -   EBAY selling from Spain (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/ebay-selling-spain-894798/)

getmeoutofhere2 Apr 1st 2017 10:55 am

EBAY selling from Spain

Hi all

Is there anyone there who has a business selling through ebay? I am hoping to move to Spain soon but I rely on my ebay sales to exist and my main worry is the postal services, I need to send small items around the world and I have heard that the Spanish postal service is not up to scratch. Can anyone tell me their experiences?

Nick

Rosemary Apr 1st 2017 11:04 am

Re: EBAY selling from Spain

Hi and a warm welcome to the Spanish forum on BE. Myself and Fred James are the moderators for the Spanish forums whilst BEVS moderates Europe. Moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. This is so that members gain the information that they are looking for and find their experiences on the forums to be friendly and worthwhile.

Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderator who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are usually friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge about the issues of living in Spain. I hope that you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary

Rosemary Apr 1st 2017 11:08 am

I personally find the post office to be very fast with small items but I know nothing about their performance with larger items. Many, many times my family have been astounded to receive things in less than two days. I also find that things are faster when sent from my little town than from a larger town nearby which is strange.

Others on here have told of difficulties and delays so it may very well be dependant on the area that they are being sent from.

Rosemary

getmeoutofhere2 Apr 1st 2017 11:16 am

Thank you for your quick reply, I am very pleased to hear what you say, it will be interesting to see what other people say from different areas.
Nick

tuhler Apr 1st 2017 4:28 pm

Originally Posted by getmeoutofhere2 (Post 12218876)
Thank you for your quick reply, I am very pleased to hear what you say, it will be interesting to see what other people say from different areas.
Nick

There are now here many companies with delivery of small to large parcels..thanks to amazon...some people will say some are good others will swear that that company is bad..good days bad days etc..many pick up from home with variable del rates...some national..others feed the network

getmeoutofhere2 Apr 1st 2017 8:23 pm

My post problem is that I sell mainly small cheap items (1-5 pounds) as well as more expensive ones. At the moment from the UK I send uk mail by first class and it arrived the next day, for US, Europe and Australia I send international standard which takes up to two weeks.

When I do move to Spain, I will loose a lot of UK customers because they want it the next day, but I hope to pick up more European customers as they will get them quicker, assuming the post can deliver large envelopes quickly.

Loafing Along Apr 3rd 2017 8:50 am

Originally Posted by getmeoutofhere2 (Post 12219196)
My post problem is that I sell mainly small cheap items (1-5 pounds) as well as more expensive ones. At the moment from the UK I send uk mail by first class and it arrived the next day, for US, Europe and Australia I send international standard which takes up to two weeks.

When I do move to Spain, I will loose a lot of UK customers because they want it the next day, but I hope to pick up more European customers as they will get them quicker, assuming the post can deliver large envelopes quickly.

Spanish service generally good, small packages they handle well and quickly. Have purchased small items online and typically are delivered in 24 hrs , not sure if it apples throughout the country but generally satisfied with service.

saasha Apr 7th 2017 6:54 am

Can anybody advise me where i can find a supplier of ovevo ice-cream machine. I have recently opened a cafeteria and would be grateful for any links/suppliers.
Many thanks

KieronF Apr 9th 2017 3:51 pm

Originally Posted by saasha (Post 12223536)
Can anybody advise me where i can find a supplier of ovevo ice-cream machine. I have recently opened a cafeteria and would be grateful for any links/suppliers.
Many thanks

here is the link to their contacts page -
About us |

rachelkeane82 Apr 10th 2017 7:41 am

Hi,

I am currently in the same situation but stuck when it comes to paperwork such as an NIE number. How do prove your business?
Rachel