Eating Out

Old Jul 25th 2007, 7:43 pm
Dipsomaniac

mikeoc is a splendid one to beholdmikeoc is a splendid one to beholdmikeoc is a splendid one to beholdmikeoc is a splendid one to beholdmikeoc is a splendid one to beholdmikeoc is a splendid one to beholdmikeoc is a splendid one to beholdmikeoc is a splendid one to beholdmikeoc is a splendid one to beholdmikeoc is a splendid one to beholdmikeoc is a splendid one to behold
Default Eating Out

Last night I was invited out by friends and we ate in Monroes in Monte Pedreguer. I strongly advise any of you thinking about going there DON'T! My first and last time there.

The food was awful, the wine was worse and the entertainment, well I'd rather slice off my own body parts than have to go through that again. Put it on your list of places to avoid
Old Jul 25th 2007, 7:45 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Eating Out

Originally Posted by mikeoc
Last night I was invited out by friends and we ate in Monroes in Monte Pedreguer. I strongly advise any of you thinking about going there DON'T! My first and last time there.

The food was awful, the wine was worse and the entertainment, well I'd rather slice off my own body parts than have to go through that again. Put it on your list of places to avoid
Kind of reminds me of a pub near us, it is set off the road and has a sign out on the main Godalming road that says.

"Warm Beer, crap food, lousy atmosphere, why not join us?"
Old Jul 25th 2007, 7:46 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Oh dear
Monroes ..... doesn't sound very Spanish, correct?
Old Jul 25th 2007, 7:47 pm
Dipsomaniac

mikeoc is a splendid one to beholdmikeoc is a splendid one to beholdmikeoc is a splendid one to beholdmikeoc is a splendid one to beholdmikeoc is a splendid one to beholdmikeoc is a splendid one to beholdmikeoc is a splendid one to beholdmikeoc is a splendid one to beholdmikeoc is a splendid one to beholdmikeoc is a splendid one to beholdmikeoc is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
Kind of reminds me of a pub near us, it is set off the road and has a sign out on the main Godalming road that says.

"Warm Beer, crap food, lousy atmosphere, why not join us?"

At least you won't be disappointed there, if the sign's right!
Old Jul 25th 2007, 7:48 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

At least you won't be disappointed there, if the sign's right!
I was hoping its right, but sadly not, Damon Hill is the direct neighbour of them so I think it would change hands quick if they were crap.....
Old Jul 25th 2007, 7:48 pm
Dipsomaniac

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
Oh dear
Monroes ..... doesn't sound very Spanish, correct?

No it isn't, they have a carvery and some friends over from the UK had it recommended to them, some people must have extremely low standards
Old Jul 25th 2007, 7:51 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

I've never eaten there, but a few years ago it had a very good reputation, however I have heard comments like yours a lot in recent months
Old Jul 25th 2007, 7:52 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Whenever I have friends over I take them to the same restaurant as I have never been dissapointed, always excellent food. La Menta, Plaza San Antonio, Denia
Old Jul 25th 2007, 7:53 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

No it isn't, they have a carvery and some friends over from the UK had it recommended to them, some people must have extremely low standards
like a lot of people swear by Scallops in Javea!

I know some who eat there more than once a week........but you'd have to drag me there

and then I'd probably jump in the sea to escape

great position though
Old Jul 25th 2007, 7:55 pm
Dipsomaniac

Originally Posted by lynnxa
like a lot of people swear by Scallops in Javea!

I know some who eat there more than once a week........but you'd have to drag me there

and then I'd probably jump in the sea to escape

great position though
Is that a typo, don't you mean swear at
Old Jul 25th 2007, 7:56 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

Is that a typo, don't you mean swear at

some love, some hate it

OMG is this going to turn into an 'english v spanish' discussion
Old Jul 25th 2007, 7:58 pm
Senior Moment

some love, some hate it

OMG is this going to turn into an 'english v spanish' discussion
Petes probably in bed still
Old Jul 25th 2007, 7:58 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

Petes probably in bed still
PMSROFL!!!!

you've done it now!!

red rag to a bull!!!
Old Jul 25th 2007, 8:03 pm
Senior Moment

PMSROFL!!!!

you've done it now!!

red rag to a bull!!!

He'll know I'm only joshing
Old Jul 25th 2007, 8:03 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

He'll know I'm only joshing
are you sure

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.