Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Easyjet flights

Easyjet flights

Old Jul 17th 2020, 6:30 pm
Just Joined

Casanaranjos1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Easyjet flights

We are due to fly out to Alicante in a couple of weeks, from Bristol. Can anyone who has very recently used Easyjet, please describe the whole situation on flying out. For example;
How long should I now allow in order to check in
Are all seats on the plane allocated , or are certain seats not used.
Is food/drink served
How are toilet trips arranged.
Are masks to be worn all flight
How is boarding/disembarking arranged
Are there large queues at customs/passport check
What happens on landing with regard luggage
In general, how much time should I add on to the journey.
Many thanks for any help, but I am sure many people are concerned about their forthcoming flight.

Thank you, John

Old Jul 18th 2020, 6:51 am
BE Enthusiast

rspltd has a reputation beyond reputerspltd has a reputation beyond reputerspltd has a reputation beyond reputerspltd has a reputation beyond reputerspltd has a reputation beyond reputerspltd has a reputation beyond reputerspltd has a reputation beyond reputerspltd has a reputation beyond reputerspltd has a reputation beyond reputerspltd has a reputation beyond reputerspltd has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Easyjet flights

Interesting John that none of your questions relate to how protected you will be from Covid 19 ? What if the person sitting next to you has it?

Old Jul 18th 2020, 9:06 am
Just Joined

Thank you for wasting your time in replying with a sarcastic response. Did it not cross your simple mind, that it is because of Covid 19, I was asking these questions. Have a nice life, or better still get a life!
Old Jul 18th 2020, 9:38 am
BE Forum Addict

bfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Casanaranjos1
We are due to fly out to Alicante in a couple of weeks, from Bristol. Can anyone who has very recently used Easyjet, please describe the whole situation on flying out. For example;
How long should I now allow in order to check in
Are all seats on the plane allocated , or are certain seats not used.
Is food/drink served
How are toilet trips arranged.
Are masks to be worn all flight
How is boarding/disembarking arranged
Are there large queues at customs/passport check
What happens on landing with regard luggage
In general, how much time should I add on to the journey.
Many thanks for any help, but I am sure many people are concerned about their forthcoming flight.

Thank you, John

Even though I work at malaga airport, I cant really reply to any of your questions - our customers have been saying that theres no real noticable delay - flights today have been landing earlier and people coming out quickly.

Hopefully this will be seen by some people that have travelled in the last few weeks, unfortunatly, i fear that there wont be many.
Old Jul 18th 2020, 9:50 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute

I would think easyjet are best to answer specifics on their flights i.e. Seating arrangements cabin service mask requirements probably an email to them would get answer you need. Or on their website? As for terminal imformation queuing etc I think that could be very variable and airport specific. I can't see there being huge queues given less aircraft flying but of course procedures could take slightly longer given covid restrictions. I picked my wife up from Málaga Airport she didn't fly easyjet. On pick up the airport inside was very quiet as only passengers allowed inside so outside there were a number of people waiting for others to collect. My wife said airport either side was very quiet not a great deal of difference to normal. Her flight they had to wear masks but people had to be constantly reminded by cabin staff or tannoy as many tried to ignore it. She said disembarking was little different although staff did try to get people to stay apart. There is an online thing for completion for entry to Spain which you can use instead of the paper one airlines issue, seemingly that worked well.
https://www.spth.gob.es/
Old Jul 18th 2020, 11:47 am
Just Joined

Thank you both very much. Much appreciated.
Old Jul 18th 2020, 7:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

teuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond repute

My son came over on Ryanair, last week and he said that apart from the insistance on wearing face masks and a very casual regard for passport inspection , there was little difference from normal, although he did recount this amusing but true episode " the stewardess with the trolley came up to him and asked if he wanted to buy anything and ( through his mask )he politely said no, she then asked him again and oncemore he said no, then for a third time she asked him,so assuming that she could not understand him through the mask, he lifted it slightly so that she could hear him more clearly, she them jumped back and told him in a very stern voice that he was not to remove his mask, so he put it firmly back into position and mumbled "mrmmrmrmmrmrm" at which point she moved on.
Pete
Old Jul 19th 2020, 9:10 am
Just Joined

Thank you, interesting and as you say, amusing story.
Old Jul 20th 2020, 6:11 am
Just Joined

Wickalaa is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, we flew With Easyjet into Alicante from Luton last night. Masks required at all times (although some people didn’t seem to know that it’s supposed to cover both your nose and mouth?!). Security queue was socially distanced. There were only a few shops open at Luton (WH smiths, Boots and a couple of smaller shops), no bars/restaurants. Boarding queue was as usual, distancing not as evident. In flight - no brochure in seat backs, but a trolley service was provided. No more than 2 people allowed to queue for the toilet at a time. Exiting the plane was 3 rows at a time from both front and back doors. Passport control at Alicante was as normal, then when you walk through to collect your luggage/exit the airport you had to have your Spanish Covid QR info scanned, or fill out the info manually if you hadn’t already completed it.
Overall no real delays- welcome to the new normal I suppose.
Old Jul 20th 2020, 8:03 am
Just Joined

Thank you very much Wickalaa, great detail and very interesting. Hope you have a good trip.
Old Jul 22nd 2020, 3:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

Longlegpete has a reputation beyond reputeLonglegpete has a reputation beyond reputeLonglegpete has a reputation beyond reputeLonglegpete has a reputation beyond reputeLonglegpete has a reputation beyond reputeLonglegpete has a reputation beyond reputeLonglegpete has a reputation beyond reputeLonglegpete has a reputation beyond reputeLonglegpete has a reputation beyond reputeLonglegpete has a reputation beyond reputeLonglegpete has a reputation beyond repute

We fly in with easyjet last night to Alicante, the whole experience was very much the same as always, differences were, masks on at all times, no speedy boarding, boarding was rows 32 to 20, then down to row 10, then the rest, disembarking was one row at a time from 1 to the back, you stay seated until the row in front has left, being british most couldn't understand that command so were all told to sit down until it's your turn to go, only liquid refreshments available on board

There was plenty of hand gel everywhere, passport at airport was as normal but there is now a second check point to give in your health form or scan it on your phone, i had my temperature taken but it's random
Old Jul 22nd 2020, 3:40 pm
VFR
BE Forum Addict

VFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Longlegpete
We fly in with easyjet last night to Alicante, the whole experience was very much the same as always, differences were, masks on at all times, no speedy boarding, boarding was rows 32 to 20, then down to row 10, then the rest, disembarking was one row at a time from 1 to the back, you stay seated until the row in front has left, being british most couldn't understand that command so were all told to sit down until it's your turn to go, only liquid refreshments available on board

There was plenty of hand gel everywhere, passport at airport was as normal but there is now a second check point to give in your health form or scan it on your phone, i had my temperature taken but it's random
How refreshing as it has always puzzled me why all the halfwits stand up as soon as the plane has stopped to then stand there with nowhere to go until the row in front etc etc has gone.
They do the same on the ferries with the car at the back being odds on to start their engine first.
Old Jul 22nd 2020, 3:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

Longlegpete has a reputation beyond reputeLonglegpete has a reputation beyond reputeLonglegpete has a reputation beyond reputeLonglegpete has a reputation beyond reputeLonglegpete has a reputation beyond reputeLonglegpete has a reputation beyond reputeLonglegpete has a reputation beyond reputeLonglegpete has a reputation beyond reputeLonglegpete has a reputation beyond reputeLonglegpete has a reputation beyond reputeLonglegpete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by VFR
How refreshing as it has always puzzled me why all the halfwits stand up as soon as the plane has stopped to then stand there with nowhere to go until the row in front etc etc has gone.
They do the same on the ferries with the car at the back being odds on to start their engine first.
Yes, a far more civilised way of doing it and actually faster imo
Old Jul 22nd 2020, 4:16 pm
Started off with nothing

missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Longlegpete
We fly in with easyjet last night to Alicante, ....
Have they any precautions / cleaning procedures for the toilets?
Old Jul 23rd 2020, 3:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by missile
Have they any precautions / cleaning procedures for the toilets?
None visible although we didn't need to use them, they say the plane is deep cleaned once a day with a powerful long lasting disinfectant, how much of that is true i don't know, no more than 2 people waiting for the loo's at any one time.
Another thing we noticed is the crew stand well out the way when people are boarding.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.