Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Easy Jet vs Ryanair

Easy Jet vs Ryanair

Old Feb 8th 2011, 6:45 pm
Forum Regular

reggiedh has much to be proud ofreggiedh has much to be proud ofreggiedh has much to be proud ofreggiedh has much to be proud ofreggiedh has much to be proud ofreggiedh has much to be proud ofreggiedh has much to be proud ofreggiedh has much to be proud ofreggiedh has much to be proud ofreggiedh has much to be proud ofreggiedh has much to be proud of
Default Easy Jet vs Ryanair

I know, I know the subject or there 2 airlines has been beaten to death!!
But who really gives/offers the better service? I can only really speak for London Gatwick==> Alicancte and Vice Versa but here us what I think:

Number of flights per day:
EJ 2
RA 1

Ticket pricing: I think overall RA wins but often there is not a lot in it

Convenience of flight times: RA

Check in:
RA insist on on line check in; if nor must pay at airport
EJ can check either at airport or on line

Hand luggage:
RA very fussy about weight size etc.
EJ: much less fussy and do allow more weight as long as one is able to lift it and put in in the overhead compartment.

Ground crew staff friendliness: for me EJ much more laid back but of course this could depend on the day.

In the air: largely equal but RA constantly trying to sell you something.

So for me EJ.

Do I have this right? Of course it all personal. What do you think? This is not intended to slag the airlines off as we all know what we are buying when we buy the ticket. When all is said and done they do offer exceptional value for money.

Have I missed something?

What say you? Agree; disagree?
Old Feb 8th 2011, 6:52 pm
Not Banned (yet)

steviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Easy Jet vs Ryanair

For me Ryanair have created too many restrictions and potential pit-falls to be considered. I could see the anxiety of catching a Ryanair flight completely ruining the day. In fact, I'd try and get a special deal from BA or Iberia if possible. Otherwise I'd use Easyjet.
Old Feb 8th 2011, 7:36 pm

anonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond repute

How about Jet 2?
Old Feb 8th 2011, 8:17 pm
Retired and in Spain

Library Ticket is just really niceLibrary Ticket is just really niceLibrary Ticket is just really niceLibrary Ticket is just really niceLibrary Ticket is just really niceLibrary Ticket is just really niceLibrary Ticket is just really niceLibrary Ticket is just really niceLibrary Ticket is just really niceLibrary Ticket is just really niceLibrary Ticket is just really nice

Originally Posted by anonimouse
How about Jet 2?
We use Jet2 mainly as one of their bases is our nearest airport.

Always been happy with them, staff are good (both at check in and in air), never any queries about baggage size or weight although we do always stick rigorously to their limits. You can choose your seat although you pay for the privilege.

We've never flown with RA and the one flight with EJ we didn't pay for priority boarding. We got near to the front of the queue for non priority and were amazed when both queues were let out onto the tarmac together to make a dash for the plane. A lot of non priority punters who were fitter got on before the priority people who had paid.
Old Feb 8th 2011, 8:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

mrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond repute

I travel back to UK every 2-3 months and fly either EJ or RA, just depends on price/time of flight etc., I don´t think there is much in it, although have come across some "gestapo" type staff at Stansted, especially RA who love to pick on people demanding they take their "hand luggage" and pay extra for it to be put in the hold as too big/heavy etc., but never pick on couples/older people or single men.

Agree about the priority boarding being a rip off, I would say 99% of the time I board before priority boarders.

Would not pay for drinks etc., on board, especially RA as so overpriced, get drinks before you board every time
Old Feb 9th 2011, 7:03 am
Forum Regular

gardner8 is just really nicegardner8 is just really nicegardner8 is just really nicegardner8 is just really nicegardner8 is just really nicegardner8 is just really nicegardner8 is just really nicegardner8 is just really nicegardner8 is just really nice

Friends got stuck in Munich before Xmas and had to stay an extra 3 days/nights as a result of the snow problems at UK airports. They were with EJ and say they were well looked after, hotels supplied etc. It would be useful to know what RA did for their passengers ?
Old Feb 9th 2011, 7:22 am
BE Forum Addict

johnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond repute

I was always Easyjet Stansted/Valencia until that stopped. Now Ryanair on same route. Ryanair are reliable but you always feel they are out to extract more money out you one way or another.

On balance prefer Easyjet but not enough to drive to Gatwick.

I did read that BA are starting a London City/Malaga route (june I think).
I dream of them opening a route to Valencia.
That's the one I'd use everytime.
Old Feb 9th 2011, 7:45 am
BE Enthusiast

chrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by johnnyone
I was always Easyjet Stansted/Valencia until that stopped. Now Ryanair on same route. Ryanair are reliable but you always feel they are out to extract more money out you one way or another.

On balance prefer Easyjet but not enough to drive to Gatwick.

I did read that BA are starting a London City/Malaga route (june I think).
I dream of them opening a route to Valencia.
That's the one I'd use everytime.
Hi
BA also intend to start flying City/Faro @ about the same time.
The Ad. that I read said flights would be priced @ £ 75.00 p/p- e/w but that was abet vague
Probable not the cheapest flights available but at least you should keep your sanity
Chris
Old Feb 9th 2011, 12:14 pm

anonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chrismortley
Hi
BA also intend to start flying City/Faro @ about the same time.
The Ad. that I read said flights would be priced @ £ 75.00 p/p- e/w but that was abet vague
Probable not the cheapest flights available but at least you should keep your sanity
Chris
Probably about the same price as a RA €4.99 flight though
Old Feb 9th 2011, 12:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

Rotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond repute

Here something Ryan will never get on their web site

http://www.plainenglish.co.uk/crystal-mark.html
Old Feb 10th 2011, 6:41 am
BE Forum Addict

johnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mrsjdr
IAgree about the priority boarding being a rip off, I would say 99% of the time I board before priority boarders.
How do you board before priority boarders?

I always buy priority boarding and have not seen many jump the queue.
Old Feb 10th 2011, 8:01 am
BE Enthusiast

noelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by steviedeluxe
For me Ryanair have created too many restrictions and potential pit-falls to be considered. I could see the anxiety of catching a Ryanair flight completely ruining the day. In fact, I'd try and get a special deal from BA or Iberia if possible. Otherwise I'd use Easyjet.
Totally agree
Old Feb 10th 2011, 8:04 am
BE Enthusiast

noelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of light

How do you board before priority boarders?

I always buy priority boarding and have not seen many jump the queue.
Depends on which airport you are using and whether or not the plane is late! I have seen 'priority boarders' let through the gate first ... ONTO A BUS (!) which then did not leave for the plane until the rest of the passengers had boarded it, meaning the priority boarders were probably worst placed to get off the bus first!
Old Feb 10th 2011, 8:26 am
BE Forum Addict

I had that a couple of times about 2 years ago, but not since. they seem more organised now.

What I really don't understand is why the prioprity boarders start to queue so early. It seems to defeat part of the point to me. I am generally the last speedy boarder on.
If I travelled alone I would not have speedy boarding at all and would be last on.

I would willingly pay considerably more for a numbered seat.
Old Feb 10th 2011, 8:39 am
BE Enthusiast

I had that a couple of times about 2 years ago, but not since. they seem more organised now.

What I really don't understand is why the prioprity boarders start to queue so early. It seems to defeat part of the point to me. I am generally the last speedy boarder on.
If I travelled alone I would not have speedy boarding at all and would be last on.

I would willingly pay considerably more for a numbered seat.
I think priority boarders possibly queue early so they can get the seats with extra legroom by the exits.

I totally agree about numbered seats - we recently flew on a charter flight with Viking Hellas to Geneva and although the airline was extremely cheap and cheerful, it did provide water (free) and sympathy to someone whose child had been sick, and it was lovely to saunter on to the plane knowing that your seat was pre-allocated and people weren't trying to board with huge pieces of hand-luggage!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.