Earthquake...

Old Sep 29th 2009, 9:13 pm
Forum Regular

littlelambfound has much to be proud oflittlelambfound has much to be proud oflittlelambfound has much to be proud oflittlelambfound has much to be proud oflittlelambfound has much to be proud oflittlelambfound has much to be proud oflittlelambfound has much to be proud oflittlelambfound has much to be proud oflittlelambfound has much to be proud oflittlelambfound has much to be proud oflittlelambfound has much to be proud of
Default Earthquake...

Just had our first Spanish earthquake. I'm in Gandia....and going to the balcony, I found the whole street out talking excitedly.
Old Sep 30th 2009, 6:33 am
Was called something else

The Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Earthquake...

yup, felt it too.

Magnitude ML 3.9
Region SPAIN

Date time 2009-09-29 at 20:44:54.0 UTC
Location 39.06 N ; 0.20 W
Depth 15 km
Distances 49 km S Valencia (pop 793,332 ; local time 22:44 2009-09-29)
6 km E Tavernes de la valldigna (pop 17,518 ; local time 22:44 2009-09-29)
Old Sep 30th 2009, 8:14 am
BE Forum Addict

spain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond repute

scary arent they ! I remember our first one in Marxuquera...frightened the life out of me !!

Originally Posted by littlelambfound
Just had our first Spanish earthquake. I'm in Gandia....and going to the balcony, I found the whole street out talking excitedly.
Old Sep 30th 2009, 9:20 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

I dont believe this
A few days in England and first the heaviest rain for years and now an earthquake.
Old Sep 30th 2009, 12:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
I dont believe this
A few days in England and first the heaviest rain for years and now an earthquake.
We have had a few our way since we moved ,the Dogs usually give a warning (go nuts just before ) lol
Old Sep 30th 2009, 12:46 pm
Forum Regular

Jaques2go is just really niceJaques2go is just really niceJaques2go is just really niceJaques2go is just really niceJaques2go is just really niceJaques2go is just really niceJaques2go is just really niceJaques2go is just really niceJaques2go is just really niceJaques2go is just really niceJaques2go is just really nice

well when i arrive tomoro afternoon in pego, i shall probably find our rented apartment a heap of rubble
Old Sep 30th 2009, 8:29 pm
Banned

jurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of light

time to get building the Noah’s Ark ... all you animals can have a space , ticket go on sale via the web site , RYANARK dot com . Ryanark we have cut the cost of getting to the dry slopes with our guaranteed lowest fares. Fare offers to Europe’s best dry land resorts are starting from an incredible €1.99. Book before Thursday (1.10.09) term and conditions

Old Oct 1st 2009, 7:30 am
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace

HBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond repute

I remember a particularly strong earthquake here while my wife was sitting at the dressing table putting on her makeup. She came out looking like Betty Davis in that horror film. The mirror cracked.
Old Oct 1st 2009, 11:16 pm
Banned

jurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of light

Shake Rattle and Roll time again
Old Oct 3rd 2009, 10:07 pm
Just Joined

James Salobrena will become famous soon enough

In the area around Granada there are lots of tiny quakes, I remember at the beginning of this year the number (frequency) was going off the charts and a lot of the scientists were worried (albeit I always think lots of little ones are a good thing).

On the coast we get a few too - Motril 7 km from Salobrena on the Costa Tropical has a fiesta every January to mark the date a massive quake leveled the town about 100 years ago.

Reality is Spain is Europe's third most mountainous country - with the Sierra Nevada just outside Granada being the highest mountains, of course their formation is part of a timeless movement of the European and North African techtonic plates.

I must admit I do kind of like them (only experienced rumbles and wave like quakes) in a weird way, makes you feel very small and aware of how fragile life is and how lucky we are.
Old Oct 3rd 2009, 10:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

Relampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by James Salobrena
Reality is Spain is Europe's third most mountainous country
No, the second most mountainous after Switzerland

The most seismic area in Spain is Granada

Last edited by Relampago; Oct 3rd 2009 at 11:02 pm.