Reload this Page >

early retirement/health care

early retirement/health care

Old Oct 8th 2006, 7:44 pm
Just Joined

brightonchris is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: early retirement/health care

Originally Posted by LittleWeed
Hi, I believe te entitlement to free health care for "early retirees" only applies to the Valencia province. There's a lot of useful info this website on how to obtain a SIP card http://www.ukgovabusesexpats.co.uk.
very interesting site, thanks
Old Oct 14th 2006, 6:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

Chiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: early retirement/health care

Just looked at a site recommended on another thread www.rawlinsholden.com ane then went to their blog. They recommend paying into the spanish social security system 250 euros a month which would cover the whole family and even give a small pension.
Old Oct 15th 2006, 10:02 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by glynis
Just looked at a site recommended on another thread www.rawlinsholden.com ane then went to their blog. They recommend paying into the spanish social security system 250 euros a month which would cover the whole family and even give a small pension.
could not find the actual blog but this sounds like the "autonimo" or self employed payment mentioned earlier in this thread. my understanding is that this is the only way that one can make voluntary contributions to the spanish social security system. i have received differing advice as to whether this is possible without actually undertaking business activity...some (including a spanish solicitor) advised me that the government do not check but others say that they do conduct audits from time to time.
Old Oct 15th 2006, 4:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

Solarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to all

Originally Posted by brightonchris
could not find the actual blog but this sounds like the "autonimo" or self employed payment mentioned earlier in this thread. my understanding is that this is the only way that one can make voluntary contributions to the spanish social security system. i have received differing advice as to whether this is possible without actually undertaking business activity...some (including a spanish solicitor) advised me that the government do not check but others say that they do conduct audits from time to time.
They do conduct audits, for what purpose I dont know,but a local builder self employed chappie who has been doing a bit of work on my place, had his Asesoria at him in a panic about two months ago, I had to sign a statement saying he had been carrying work out on my house and the value of the work! Seems they had done a snap check to see if indeed he was working!!. Maybe not for the reason above ??
Old Oct 25th 2006, 6:04 pm
Just Joined

SOUXIE101 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by brightonchris
Hi, I wonder if anyone has any advice on my situation...I have taken early retirement and am now of "independent means". As I am below state pensionable age I will obviously not qualify for free health cover after my form E106 runs out. Due to a long term health problem, I can not get private medical insurance. I want to "retire" to Spain (northern Costa del Sol). A solicitor that I spoke to in Spain suggested that I register as "autonimo/self employed " in Spain and pay the minimum social security payment ( which I would be happy to do).However, I have read postings on this forum that suggest that this is not possible if you are not actually earning a living in Spain.
Has anyone any advice/suggestions?
many thanks
Yes if you are in Valencia, once your e016 runs out u write to Newcastle and tell them you are no longer eligible for Health care in the Uk and ask them to send you a "legislative Letter" written in Spanish and English. Take it to your health centre that gives you the SIP card, and bob's your uncle.
Old Oct 26th 2006, 1:39 pm
Forum Regular

Lis48 is a name known to allLis48 is a name known to allLis48 is a name known to allLis48 is a name known to allLis48 is a name known to allLis48 is a name known to allLis48 is a name known to allLis48 is a name known to allLis48 is a name known to allLis48 is a name known to allLis48 is a name known to all

Brightonchris, I was in a similar position when I took early retirement to come to Spain two years ago. I applied to Sanitas and got refused on the grounds of a longterm health prob. I appealed asking for cover with the complaint excluded but I was still rejected. I applied to BUPA international who charge a lot but accept almost anyone. After a year I reapplied to Sanitas and they accepted me automatically because I was a Bupa member and they have a sort of reciprocal agreement. Perhaps it's worth your contacting Bupa International and put up with the cost for a year? Just my pennyworth.
Old Oct 26th 2006, 5:51 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Lis48
Brightonchris, I was in a similar position when I took early retirement to come to Spain two years ago. I applied to Sanitas and got refused on the grounds of a longterm health prob. I appealed asking for cover with the complaint excluded but I was still rejected. I applied to BUPA international who charge a lot but accept almost anyone. After a year I reapplied to Sanitas and they accepted me automatically because I was a Bupa member and they have a sort of reciprocal agreement. Perhaps it's worth your contacting Bupa International and put up with the cost for a year? Just my pennyworth.
thanks for the advice