Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Eager to pay taxes

Eager to pay taxes

Old Nov 12th 2011, 9:00 am
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace

HBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Eager to pay taxes

Well, that makes more sense than the title of the OP.

If you live in the southern part of the Valencian community, where most of the expats live, you will find many Gestors who are experts in dealing with such matters.

The larger cities, like Torrevieja, have a dedicated foreigner's office at the town hall which can suggest several such tax experts to you.

The HELP organisations will also have a list of Gestors and the like.

Personal recommendations are impossible, we all try to minimise our tax payments and some Gestors are better than others at their art. If your affairs are extremely straight forward you might as well try the phone book for where you live. You'll find that most of them speak English, they have to.
Old Nov 12th 2011, 9:12 am
JnK
BE Enthusiast

JnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by siggi
Hola,

I have to pay my taxes somewhere, and as I am living in Spain and enjoying what this country has to offer, I want to pay them here. I really don't see why that is strange.

Best

Siggi
Neither do I siggi, it seems I'm one of a few who agrees and pays all my taxes too. Good luck in Spain.
Old Nov 12th 2011, 10:13 am
BE Enthusiast

jay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to behold

Maybe if more people paid their taxes instead of thinking ah tomorrow, tomorrow Spain would not be quite such a mess and people would not be whinging "oh poor little me" who are the same people who have the tomorrow attitude.

You can not keep taking out of a system without at least putting something in, so instead of asking if he is mad maybe you should be looking at yourself and just who's morally inept.
Old Nov 12th 2011, 10:20 am
BE Forum Addict

paintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond repute

Our gestor is very good.She is spanish but speaks great english.....but shes in Lliria which may be a distance for you.I dont know where you are living.If you want to know more I can PM you details.
Old Nov 12th 2011, 10:24 am
BE Forum Addict

spainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond repute

Most banks offer a tax service and it was free this year in the Caja Murcia. You can also DIY if you download the PADRE software from AEAT
Old Nov 12th 2011, 12:26 pm
Banned

JLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jay01
Maybe if more people paid their taxes instead of thinking ah tomorrow, tomorrow Spain would not be quite such a mess and people would not be whinging "oh poor little me" who are the same people who have the tomorrow attitude.

You can not keep taking out of a system without at least putting something in, so instead of asking if he is mad maybe you should be looking at yourself and just who's morally inept.
I think you will find that the "are you mad" type comments were a meant as a joke..............Some posters have not had a sense of humour bypass yet.
Old Nov 13th 2011, 7:30 am
Not Banned (yet)

steviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond repute

I know someone who went "legal" ie paying his autonomo and taxes instead of just working on the black. Part of the reason was that he needed to be registered in order to get company contracts - if your customers are companies you may have to go legal in order to get business. Secondly he realised that by doing this he'd end up with a better pension, as he was planning to work in Madrid until he retired. It helps that he's able to get decent paying work (as mentioned he's based in Madrid) and he told me recently he's not lost business as a result of the recession, quite the reverse as learning English has become yet more important.
I can understand anyone with irregular and/or low paid work, trying to stay on the black though. When times are hard you do what you have to do, to pay the rent and put food on the table.
Old Nov 13th 2011, 8:05 am
Banned

JLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steviedeluxe
I know someone who went "legal" ie paying his autonomo and taxes instead of just working on the black. Part of the reason was that he needed to be registered in order to get company contracts - if your customers are companies you may have to go legal in order to get business. Secondly he realised that by doing this he'd end up with a better pension, as he was planning to work in Madrid until he retired. It helps that he's able to get decent paying work (as mentioned he's based in Madrid) and he told me recently he's not lost business as a result of the recession, quite the reverse as learning English has become yet more important.
I can understand anyone with irregular and/or low paid work, trying to stay on the black though. When times are hard you do what you have to do, to pay the rent and put food on the table.
It seems to me that the whole of your experience of working people is only about TEFLON English teachers based in Madrid.
Old Nov 13th 2011, 8:55 am
BE Forum Addict

johnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond repute

We complain about excesses in the financial sector, the abuse of the benefits system, MPs expenses etc. yet somehow many on this forum seem to think working on the black (UK or Spain) ie tax evasion is somehow Ok.
I just do not get it
Old Nov 13th 2011, 8:59 am
FreeThinker

jimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond repute

I know many Brits who would love to pay taxes in Spain and would if the basic NI payment wasn't more than they actually earn in some months.
Old Nov 13th 2011, 9:01 am
Banned

Originally Posted by johnnyone
We complain about excesses in the financial sector, the abuse of the benefits system, MPs expenses etc. yet somehow many on this forum seem to think working on the black (UK or Spain) ie tax evasion is somehow Ok.
I just do not get it
Some people work on the black for greed, but others work on the black out of necessity.

It is not OK to do so, but with the harshness of the Spanish system for many there is no choice
Old Nov 13th 2011, 9:11 am
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace

HBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by johnnyone
I just do not get it
I think that the views expressed on this forum are in direct proportion to the percentage of expense-fiddling MPs and people working black.

Earlier this morning I watched a news item which stated that 30% of Italians work on the black. It's probably around the same in Spain and any other part of the world where the political system allows it.

It's not as prevalent in the UK where the aristocrats and ruling classes have perfected the system for collecting taxes from the serfs.
Old Nov 13th 2011, 9:44 am
Not Banned (yet)

steviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JLFS
It seems to me that the whole of your experience of working people is only about TEFLON English teachers based in Madrid.
Yet again you couldn't be further from the truth. I've worked in supermarkets, factories, food prep places, IT consultancies, publishing companies, town councils, engineering companies and Facilities management companies, as well as language schools. If you're going to spend your Sunday morning just making personal attacks, at least try not to spout rubbish based on ignorance? I merely try and add to the debate when my experience (and contact with people who still work in that area) may be of interest to people. Did you even read the second part I put?

Old Nov 13th 2011, 9:46 am
Not Banned (yet)

Originally Posted by HBG
I think that the views expressed on this forum are in direct proportion to the percentage of expense-fiddling MPs and people working black.

Earlier this morning I watched a news item which stated that 30% of Italians work on the black. It's probably around the same in Spain and any other part of the world where the political system allows it.

It's not as prevalent in the UK where the aristocrats and ruling classes have perfected the system for collecting taxes from the serfs.
You may be right in the rest of the UK, but I've found the black market in London is enormous - I've only lived here since 2010 so it may be a recent thing?
Old Nov 13th 2011, 6:10 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steviedeluxe
You may be right in the rest of the UK, but I've found the black market in London is enormous - I've only lived here since 2010 so it may be a recent thing?
No definitely not just a recent thing.

I used to hang out with a lass from the East End quite a few years ago and I soon got the impression that the black market was the only market in that neck of the woods, the vast majority of it having apparently fell of the back of a wagon.
Looking back way before my time it was also said to be rife during the war, so it seems nothing much has changed.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.