British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Spain (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/)
-   -   E45 Cream (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/e45-cream-714303/)

polly.walker Apr 22nd 2011 9:50 pm

E45 Cream

Can anyone tell me were I can buy E45 cream or it's equivalent in Spain.

Do they sell anything like it in the supermarkets?

megmet Apr 22nd 2011 10:34 pm

Re: E45 Cream

Originally Posted by polly.walker (Post 9321256)

You can't buy E45 cream but if you go to any farmacia you will be able to buy something similar if not better.

Fred James Apr 23rd 2011 6:53 am

You can buy it from Amazon.

http://goo.gl/4BOZb

Free delivery if the total order is over £25

bxpuser24710519 Apr 23rd 2011 8:20 am

Originally Posted by Fred James (Post 9321683)
You can buy it from Amazon.

http://goo.gl/4BOZb

Free delivery if the total order is over £25

AND it is purchased ONLY from a supplier that has 'Fulfilled By Amazon' by their name.

I buy AloeVera Savila, by Instituto Espanol which has in English tha words ... Nourishes the epidermis, especcially for dry skin. It comes in a 400ml pale green tub and although price seems to vary from shop to shop I paid about 5 euros normally.

It is suitable for all skin types, the ingredients are on the bottom in English also if you need to check them.

jackytoo Apr 23rd 2011 9:24 am

Don't know where you are but it's available in Gibraltar if you are on the CDS.

VFR Apr 23rd 2011 3:41 pm

E45 cream contains light liquid paraffin, white soft paraffin and anhydrous lanolin (a waxy substance obtained from the wool of sheep and sometimes called wool fat). It works by providing a layer of oil on the surface of the skin to prevent water evaporating from the skin surface. (via goggle)

I guess any Farmacia will stock this product or its equivalent.

Fred James Apr 23rd 2011 5:42 pm

Originally Posted by playamonte (Post 9322233)
E45 cream contains light liquid paraffin, white soft paraffin and anhydrous lanolin (a waxy substance obtained from the wool of sheep and sometimes called wool fat). It works by providing a layer of oil on the surface of the skin to prevent water evaporating from the skin surface. (via goggle)

I guess any Farmacia will stock this product or its equivalent.

It just goes to show that as far as cosmetics are concerned, the simplest things are often the best!

The cosmetics companies who market overpriced junk don't want you to know that. Apparently E45 has been rated as one of the best products of its type on the market. Even Cheryl Cole, who advertises L'Oreal, apparently uses it as her preferred skin care.

Personally I don't use the stuff :):) but my wife swears by it.

They also produce a special cream (it may be prescription only) which is designed for real skin complaints and contains Cortisone (a steroid) called H45.

VFR Apr 23rd 2011 8:01 pm

Originally Posted by Fred James (Post 9322378)
It just goes to show that as far as cosmetics are concerned, the simplest things are often the best!

The cosmetics companies who market overpriced junk don't want you to know that. Apparently E45 has been rated as one of the best products of its type on the market. Even Cheryl Cole, who advertises L'Oreal, apparently uses it as her preferred skin care.

They also produce a special cream (it may be prescription only) which is designed for real skin complaints and contains Cortisone (a steroid) called H45.

Indeed !
So its basically baby bum cream to stop the little rascals getting sore, now this is in every chemist here in Spain.

megmet Apr 23rd 2011 10:38 pm

Originally Posted by Fred James (Post 9322378)

That's Hc45 and you can buy it over the counter!
On my last trip back to England I brought three tubes back here with me, that was before I found they do the same thing here under a different brand name and at less cost. :blink:

polly.walker Apr 24th 2011 7:47 am

So let me get this right...Is E45 the same as Hc45? which is available for chemists in Spain

Fred James Apr 24th 2011 8:00 am

Originally Posted by polly.walker (Post 9323080)
So let me get this right...Is E45 the same as Hc45? which is available for chemists in Spain

No, they are two different products.

http://www.e45.com/emollients/product_range/index.php

Rosemary Apr 26th 2011 6:57 pm

Originally Posted by polly.walker (Post 9321256)

There has just been an ad on tv, a company called Xeramonce, they advertised various E45 creams from babies to adults. You will probably see it on Spanish tv sometime.

Graham

alig2010 May 3rd 2011 3:15 pm

Just seen a 50g tube of e45 in our local brit shop for 2.65. We tend to stock up in the uk as I've never found similar creams to be as effective. Plus a big bottle lasts for ages.

Also, just a word of caution re using creams with hydrocortisone in them: be careful of exposure to the sun if you use regularly. you should only use them if you have some skin reaction that really needs that level of intervention. E45 is great for soothing minor irritations and keeping dry skin moisturised - long term daily use would be ok. Long term daily use of a steroid cream should be under medical supervision.

Just looked up xeramance 10.79 for 200ml vs 2.52 for 200ml of E45!

Fred James May 3rd 2011 3:37 pm

It is available in Spain.

I was in the chemists this morning and there was a box on the shelf clearly marked with the E45 logo. It was packaged under a name something like Listinos.