Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

E121, how long before needing SIP accreditation

E121, how long before needing SIP accreditation

Old May 14th 2008, 1:05 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute
Default E121, how long before needing SIP accreditation

We have relatives coming over later this year, both are pensioners, and will have the E121 form. Can they use this form to get health care if they need it before getting an SIP, and if so, how long does it last.
Old May 14th 2008, 1:51 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: E121, how long before needing SIP accreditation

Originally Posted by mikelincs
We have relatives coming over later this year, both are pensioners, and will have the E121 form. Can they use this form to get health care if they need it before getting an SIP, and if so, how long does it last.
To the best of my knowledge the E121 is the form they need to obtain a SIP card, but not a health "card" on its own. Apart from anything else, its all in English.

But maybe some people have got some actual experience of this
Old May 14th 2008, 7:22 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
To the best of my knowledge the E121 is the form they need to obtain a SIP card, but not a health "card" on its own. Apart from anything else, its all in English.

But maybe some people have got some actual experience of this
At my surgery we had temporary SIP cards so when the E121 came I took it there to see if I could gain the permanent card (thought I would try it on) but was told to take it with the rest of the paperwork to Seguridad Social office.

Rosemary
Old May 15th 2008, 2:24 am

poshnbucks has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by The Oddities
At my surgery we had temporary SIP cards so when the E121 came I took it there to see if I could gain the permanent card (thought I would try it on) but was told to take it with the rest of the paperwork to Seguridad Social office.

Rosemary

Rosemary you surprise me