Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

A&E Calpe, Denia Hospital & consequent transfer...

A&E Calpe, Denia Hospital & consequent transfer...

Old May 24th 2007, 8:10 pm
MnM
luna~sea..its a lifestyle

MnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond repute
Default A&E Calpe, Denia Hospital & consequent transfer...

Just thought I'd let everyone know about our experiences since yesterday when my mother-in-law started having respiratory problems.

Around 8pm we took her to A&E in Calpe for oxygen. There they took her medical history and put her on nebulizers to begin with and oxygen later. After monitoring her for about 2 hours, they decided to send her off in an ambulance to the hospital in Denia where she stayed overnight.

This morning she was again transferred from Denia hospital to Benidorm Levante hospital, which is private, but also works with Social Seguridad and she is now being monitored as she suffers with other serious illness, which may have contributed to this breathing difficulty.

My point is that they were efficient and friendly. They spoke very little English but tried their best to communicate with her. I was with her the whole time so there wasn't much of a language problem....but my point is that they tried very hard to communicate with her directly as well. They kept us informed the whole time on her progress and we could not have asked for better care.

I am now completely exhausted after spending 24 hours awake and think I will go vegetate in front of the tv for about an hour and then try and get some sleep. Tomorrow maybe another difficult day at the hospital, but we are confident she is in good hands.

THE END
Old May 24th 2007, 8:14 pm
Forum Regular

gettingthere has a brilliant futuregettingthere has a brilliant futuregettingthere has a brilliant futuregettingthere has a brilliant futuregettingthere has a brilliant futuregettingthere has a brilliant futuregettingthere has a brilliant future
Default Re: A&E Calpe, Denia Hospital & consequent transfer...

Hope your mother in law recovers well, when I had my children in Spain I found the care second to none despite my daughters birth being very difficult they were marvellous and I can honestly say without the intervention we had neither she or I would be here today, and this was told to us by a leading peadiatrician in the UK.

My thoughts are with you keep strong and I am sure she appreciates your support
Old May 25th 2007, 4:30 am
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A&E Calpe, Denia Hospital & consequent transfer...

Originally Posted by MnM
Just thought I'd let everyone know about our experiences since yesterday when my mother-in-law started having respiratory problems.

Around 8pm we took her to A&E in Calpe for oxygen. There they took her medical history and put her on nebulizers to begin with and oxygen later. After monitoring her for about 2 hours, they decided to send her off in an ambulance to the hospital in Denia where she stayed overnight.

This morning she was again transferred from Denia hospital to Benidorm Levante hospital, which is private, but also works with Social Seguridad and she is now being monitored as she suffers with other serious illness, which may have contributed to this breathing difficulty.

My point is that they were efficient and friendly. They spoke very little English but tried their best to communicate with her. I was with her the whole time so there wasn't much of a language problem....but my point is that they tried very hard to communicate with her directly as well. They kept us informed the whole time on her progress and we could not have asked for better care.

I am now completely exhausted after spending 24 hours awake and think I will go vegetate in front of the tv for about an hour and then try and get some sleep. Tomorrow maybe another difficult day at the hospital, but we are confident she is in good hands.

THE END
I hope your MIL recovers soon..........she is in good hands.

Yours was totally like our experience whan my dh was admitted to Denia last year - fantastic, clean, friendly efficient care. dh doesn't speak spanish but there was always someone who could speak enough english to communicate with him. I speak spanish but with 2 children I couldn't be there all the time.
He even says the food was great (once he recovered enough to be allowed to eat).