Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Dyslexia tutor in Costa Blanca?

Dyslexia tutor in Costa Blanca?

Old Jul 30th 2007, 4:21 pm
Forum Regular

searcher48 is just really nicesearcher48 is just really nicesearcher48 is just really nicesearcher48 is just really nicesearcher48 is just really nicesearcher48 is just really nicesearcher48 is just really nicesearcher48 is just really nicesearcher48 is just really nicesearcher48 is just really nicesearcher48 is just really nice
Default Dyslexia tutor in Costa Blanca?

We have just found out that my 15 yr son has dyslexia and needs someone to help with a treatment plan that I can follow. We live near Benidorm, any ideas?
Old Jul 30th 2007, 4:37 pm
Forum Regular

Nicks is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Dyslexia tutor in Costa Blanca?

Hi,

cant help you with a location, just wanted to let you know that its greate that they figured out it was dyslexia, and that you will get help. i was diagnosed when i was 11yo, and for many years i got special help in school. It can be hard at times, but in the end its worth it, you do get rid of most of the problems thru practise and doing the exrecises.

good luck

nick
Old Jul 30th 2007, 5:24 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by searcher48
We have just found out that my 15 yr son has dyslexia and needs someone to help with a treatment plan that I can follow. We live near Benidorm, any ideas?
one of the members here has a link in her sig about dyslexia help

my younger daughter is actually getting a lot of help from her state school, but she's only just 8
Old Jul 31st 2007, 7:15 am
Just Joined

Susan Godsland is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi! I'm a remedial reading tutor with my own non-commercial website about dyslexia www.dyslexics.org.uk

I suggest you have a look at the following programmes. The first one is free, the second one is being written by a colleague and should be ready in September. She says that it is not at all 'pink and fluffy' and should be suitable for all ages.

Stairway to Reading: FREE, online, remedial tutoring programme (Canadian) www.societyforqualityeducation.org/stairway.html
A one-on-one remedial reading program for students of any age who have already received some reading instruction but who are struggling with reading. Caution UK users: there are some N.American accent/sound differences.

Debbie Hepplewhite's international, online teaching programme, available in September. www.syntheticphonics.com/programme.html

Hope that helps
Old Jul 31st 2007, 9:22 pm
Forum Regular

searcher48 is just really nicesearcher48 is just really nicesearcher48 is just really nicesearcher48 is just really nicesearcher48 is just really nicesearcher48 is just really nicesearcher48 is just really nicesearcher48 is just really nicesearcher48 is just really nicesearcher48 is just really nicesearcher48 is just really nice

Thanks for the replys. I can now do some studying!!