British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Spain (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/)
-   -   DWP form S1 (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/dwp-form-s1-907950/)

myklmar Jan 14th 2018 10:52 am

DWP form S1

Received form S1 from Dept. Works and Pensions UK, regarding healthcare cover in Spain.

It states that form should be taken to 'the authorities in Spain for registration.'

Can anyone help me with finding out to which "authority" to take form?
Town Hall, Police, Medical Centre, Hospital?

Thanks in advance,
Michael :(

Rosemary Jan 14th 2018 10:53 am

Re: DWP form S1

Hi and a warm welcome to the Spanish forum on BE. Myself and Fred James are the moderators for the Spanish forums whilst myself and BEVS moderate Europe. Please read the Site Rules Site Rules | British Expatriate Community adhere to them so that the site runs smoothly. Moderators are there to ensure that the rules of BE are maintained. This is so that members gain the information that they are looking for and find their experiences on the forums to be friendly and worthwhile.

Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderator who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are usually friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge about the issues of living in Spain. I hope that you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary

Rosemary Jan 14th 2018 10:55 am

You need to take it to the nearest INSS office in order to register for health care. Things have changed drastically since I did this so I am hoping that someone who has done it recently can give you up to date information.

Rosemary

tebo53 Jan 14th 2018 12:55 pm

Originally Posted by myklmar (Post 12418444)
Received form S1 from Dept. Works and Pensions UK, regarding healthcare cover in Spain.

It states that form should be taken to 'the authorities in Spain for registration.'

Can anyone help me with finding out to which "authority" to take form?
Town Hall, Police, Medical Centre, Hospital?

Thanks in advance,
Michael :(

Rosemary is correct that you take your S1 forms to the local INSS offices. They will need to see your passport (also make a couple of photocopies) and your residencia card. They will then issue you with the correct paperwork to take to your local clinic, make sure you find the local public clinic and not one for the private sector. There they will issue you with a SIP card and register you with one of the local doctors.

It will be to your advantage to take an interpreter with you to both departments if you cannot speak fluent Spanish.

Steve

Fred James Jan 14th 2018 1:10 pm

They now prefer you to make an appointment online. If you just call in you may have a long wait.

The appointment system works really well.

https://sede.seg-social.gob.es/wps/p...vZ0FBIS9nQSEh/

myklmar Jan 16th 2018 9:18 pm

Thank you all for your replies. Much appreciated.

I have Padron cert. and NIE but not residencia card yet, will I have to get that first before taking form to INSS?

tebo53 Jan 17th 2018 6:11 am

Originally Posted by myklmar (Post 12420389)
Thank you all for your replies. Much appreciated.

I have Padron cert. and NIE but not residencia card yet, will I have to get that first before taking form to INSS?

Yes

neilbdm Jul 29th 2018 1:59 pm

I also have Padron cert. and NIE but not residencia card yet.

To get the residencia card, you need proof of health cover; pensioners can provide a copy of their registered S1 form; but:

To register your S1 form with the INSS, you need a residencia card.

Is there a way round this apparent impasse?

snikpoh Jul 29th 2018 3:33 pm

Originally Posted by neilbdm (Post 12540397)
I also have Padron cert. and NIE but not residencia card yet.

To get the residencia card, you need proof of health cover; pensioners can provide a copy of their registered S1 form; but:

To register your S1 form with the INSS, you need a residencia card.

Is there a way round this apparent impasse?

To my knowledge, you do NOT need a residency card (or residencia if from non-EU) to register your S1.

If your local INSS insists, then go with the S1 to the extranjeria and they should accept that for signing on the foreigners list (aka residency).

spainrico Jul 29th 2018 3:54 pm

More useful information here

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/healthcare-in-spain

Seguridad Social: Internet

neilbdm Jul 30th 2018 1:16 pm

Thanks to snikpoh and spainrico for such prompt replies. :thumbup:
I think I will try to register my S1 form with the Spanish social security office (INSS) as spainrico suggests. Perhaps the ‘Padron’ will do instead of a residency card. I’m in Alhaurin el Grande, so my INSS is in Coin. Unfortunately my Spanish isn’t good enough to ask on the phone.
Someone above said “The appointment system works really well..." [I’m not allowed to post URL yet] but I wasn’t able to find the form for an appointment; if anyone can give the link to the actual form, I’d appreciate it.

spainrico Jul 30th 2018 1:28 pm

I think this is it

https://w6.seg-social.es/ProsaIntern...IDAPP=XV106001

You will need to enter your name, NIE, phone, email, and codigo postal (Post code)

You can always try and visit the office and you may be lucky (depends on how busy they are etc) BUT getting anything done here in August is difficult. Not a criticism just the way it is.

neilbdm Jul 30th 2018 6:28 pm

I wasn’t able to find the form for an appointment from that link; do you have the link to the actual form? apologies if i am missing something.

tebo53 Jul 30th 2018 6:45 pm

Might be far easier to employ a local solicitor to sort everything for you. We had all our paperwork sorted by our solicitors to get fully legal for about €300 for us both. All we had to do was turn up and sign papers. Simples !!

Steve

Fred James Jul 30th 2018 7:49 pm

There are no solicitors in Spain, just lawyers and Gestors.. Use a gestor, lawyers are very expensive.

Use lawyers for serious legal problems, not for trivial bureaucratic processes such as registering an S1 form. If a lawyer charges €300 a gestor will probably charge €50.