Dvla

Old Apr 10th 2007, 10:02 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dvla

Originally Posted by Dxf
hi
The DVLA changed the rules about a year ago, if the vehicle was not on public roads, then everything was OK. Now you HAVE (obligation) to tell them it is off the road (and that means off of european roads too). If you don't then the laws of England mean they can chase their fine. DO you still have money in a bank in the UK, or even a pension fund, they can sequestrate the moneys !!!
Dave

You mean the SORN, right?
Old Apr 10th 2007, 10:08 am
Popping in for a chat

Lionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond repute

What type of people are employed by these companys
Old Apr 10th 2007, 10:11 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lionda
What type of people are employed by these companys
That is exactly what I asked in my polite but threatening letter!!!

Rosemary
Old Apr 10th 2007, 10:15 am
Popping in for a chat

Lionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Oddities

Rosemary
One thing which is of concern though - are these ficticious 'debt's recorded and therefore affecting our credit rating? That's a thought!!
Old Apr 10th 2007, 10:16 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Rosemary
Its probably the computer software. lol
If Charlie doesn`t tick box a, then in 3 days out goes a letter, followed by a reminder. etc, etc.
Old Apr 10th 2007, 10:17 am
Popping in for a chat

Originally Posted by jdr
If Charlie doesn`t tick box a, then in 3 days out goes a letter, followed by a reminder. etc, etc.

Followed by another - and another - and ........
Old Apr 10th 2007, 11:29 am
BE Forum Addict

Chiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by crispygirl
OH has a CCJ out against him in UK, we have no idea what it is for, his daughter cames out in Feb to see us and brought a letter that had been forwarded to her home for him a few days before. It was the CCJ in the amount of £235, he phoned the debt collecting company who said we would have to ring the credit card company, (we have no credit cards now) so he rang them and asked for information concerning the outstanding amount and could they send it to him in Spain. No, was the answer to that, they would have to send it to the listed addressed on their system, I don't live there he said I live here and have done since 2005. I paid up and cancelled credit card in May 2005. Sorry they said it will have to be sent to that address, he is still ringing them trying to get it sorted and he still has no idea what the money is for. :curse: :curse: :curse:

How did you find out about it? Does worry me as new people in our house won´t re-address any mail or even give it to my friend who lives next door. I had my passport stolen a while ago and do worry that someone may have tried to use it to clone a credit card in my name.
Old Apr 10th 2007, 12:40 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jdr
The best bit is the fact that I used the Royal Mail re-direction service as a good example of efficiency in order to emphasize to DVLA how bad their system is.

Rosemary
Old Apr 10th 2007, 12:51 pm

crispy will become famous soon enoughcrispy will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Chiclanagir
How did you find out about it? Does worry me as new people in our house won´t re-address any mail or even give it to my friend who lives next door. I had my passport stolen a while ago and do worry that someone may have tried to use it to clone a credit card in my name.

We used daughters address as a forwarding address when we left England and somehow don't know how the debt collecting company tracked us down to there. It's does worry me as a few years back I had a credit card for when we went to New Zealand, back in UK I paid up the card and cancelled it. Never heard from them again. Abut 4 years later I was contacted at work by debt collecting company that were chasing payment for said card to the tune of £3900, turns out a new card was issued to the address that I lived in 4 years previously and it was intercepted at the Post OfOfficeorting office and someone had a merry old time using it. It took them 18 months to track me down, luckily was in USA at time of the fraud and could prove my were abouts so nothing came of it. The same happen to daughter when she was in New Zealand, her English debit card was used at Heathrow Airport and then an hour later at John F Kennedy Airport USA.

Also last year I received a new credit card from Ryanair sent to daughter 's address in UK and she passed it on to us, I had telephoned and then written to them cancelling card the year before and all postal communications had stopped from them. So hyyouan imagine how surprised I was when i received the new card, they said that I was still on system as current card holder - not any more I'm please to say.

Last edited by crispy; Apr 10th 2007 at 12:56 pm.
Old Apr 10th 2007, 2:23 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

The best bit is the fact that I used the Royal Mail re-direction service as a good example of efficiency in order to emphasize to DVLA how bad their system is.

Rosemary
Didn't get anything via the royal mail redirection service for about 6 weeks, then they started to arrive, a couple of months later got about 10 packets all at once. They had got the redirection addy wrong and when they sent t0o confiramtion letter to my UK address I sent it back with the coreected addy, even got a letter confirming they now had the correct addy while still in UK, BUT they sent the first months packages to the WRONG addy here, these were sent back and did eventually arrive albeit a bit, a couple of months, late.