Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

DVD Recorder/Built in Hard Drive

DVD Recorder/Built in Hard Drive

Old Apr 10th 2008, 7:12 pm
Forum Regular

Palmera has much to be proud ofPalmera has much to be proud ofPalmera has much to be proud ofPalmera has much to be proud ofPalmera has much to be proud ofPalmera has much to be proud ofPalmera has much to be proud ofPalmera has much to be proud ofPalmera has much to be proud ofPalmera has much to be proud ofPalmera has much to be proud of
Default DVD Recorder/Built in Hard Drive

Hi, I wondered if any one could help me.....

I have got one of the DVD Recorders with a 160GB built in Hard-Drive.

Up til now i have been using it to record onto hard-drive only.

Now the golf has started, hubby wants to record golf to DVD and let me watch my programmes on Hard-Drive..at the same time.

We know you can watch & record at the same time....but don´t know how.

The instructions are all in Spanish (LG RH246) and they don´t make this model in UK so no english instructions.

While my spanish is passable in normal situations, i am finding it very difficult to understand how to record on one and watch something thats already recorded at the same time.

Any info that could help, would be much appreciated!

Thanks
Old Apr 10th 2008, 7:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

valenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: DVD Recorder/Built in Hard Drive

Still looking, but I can''t even find it in Spanish! Are you sure that it is the correct model number?
Also, how old is it?
Tim
Old Apr 10th 2008, 7:40 pm
Forum Regular

Palmera has much to be proud ofPalmera has much to be proud ofPalmera has much to be proud ofPalmera has much to be proud ofPalmera has much to be proud ofPalmera has much to be proud ofPalmera has much to be proud ofPalmera has much to be proud ofPalmera has much to be proud ofPalmera has much to be proud ofPalmera has much to be proud of

hi, thanks for looking. its an LG Make and the model number is RH-246

i have had it 1 week!!

It took me ages to find it - i think i put a hash in the model number eventually, though there isnt one on the box.

Hubby getting nervy about missing the golf.(i´m alright-my soaps are recorded,lol).

thanks for looking. we´ve got our fingeres crossed......
Old Apr 10th 2008, 8:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

valenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond repute

Have sent you a PM!
Tim
Old Apr 10th 2008, 8:13 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Only in Spanish and 15 dollars to buy on one site. ;-(
Old Apr 10th 2008, 8:45 pm
Forum Regular

well, thanks for your help anyway guys. hubby will just have to make do with my soaps, instead of the golf!!!

thanks again. much appreciated,

Regards.
Old Apr 10th 2008, 8:53 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Palmera
well, thanks for your help anyway guys. hubby will just have to make do with my soaps, instead of the golf!!!

thanks again. much appreciated,

Regards.
I don`t think you can do what you want to do anyway but I may be wrong.
I don`t think you can play pre recorded stuff and record at the same time.
I think you can only record one channel and watch a different channel at the same time.
Old Apr 10th 2008, 9:09 pm

Ka Ora! is an unknown quantity at this point

Download the manual for the RH266 HERE

Region Europe Country England

Its the same speq machine so im guessing that 246 is the Spanish model number and 266 is the English one some companies do that, beats me why i could wrong though.
Old Apr 10th 2008, 10:03 pm
Forum Regular

coralsoft is just really nicecoralsoft is just really nicecoralsoft is just really nicecoralsoft is just really nicecoralsoft is just really nicecoralsoft is just really nicecoralsoft is just really nicecoralsoft is just really nicecoralsoft is just really nicecoralsoft is just really nicecoralsoft is just really nice

Hi, I wondered if any one could help me.....

I have got one of the DVD Recorders with a 160GB built in Hard-Drive.

Up til now i have been using it to record onto hard-drive only.

Now the golf has started, hubby wants to record golf to DVD and let me watch my programmes on Hard-Drive..at the same time.

We know you can watch & record at the same time....but don´t know how.

The instructions are all in Spanish (LG RH246) and they don´t make this model in UK so no english instructions.

While my spanish is passable in normal situations, i am finding it very difficult to understand how to record on one and watch something thats already recorded at the same time.

Any info that could help, would be much appreciated!

Thanks
Just set up the recording as normal, specifying that you want it to go to DVD, then watch your HDD recordings using the buttons on the remote. I did something similar on my HDD/DVD/Freeview recorder recently, just using the 'source' button to choose what I watched, while the recorder went about its business in the background. Admittedly it was accidental, but the manual's in such outrageous English, my flatmate and I decided it wasn't worth looking at. Try setting up a recording of something else then experimenting.

Last edited by coralsoft; Apr 10th 2008 at 10:04 pm. Reason: Extra info at end
Old Apr 11th 2008, 6:57 am

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jdr
I don`t think you can do what you want to do anyway but I may be wrong.
I don`t think you can play pre recorded stuff and record at the same time.
I think you can only record one channel and watch a different channel at the same time.

You can - that's one of the main advantages of a DVD Recorder with a hard disk.

In a PC you are reading and writing to the hard disk at the same time - it's no different in a DVD Recorder - you can record a live program while watching a program previously recorded on the same hard disk.

Unlike a VCR you can also start to watch a program that is being recorded before the recording has finished.

On most DVD recorders you cannot watch one live program at the same time as recording another live program -you would need a box with two seperate tuners to do this. They are available - the Sky+ box will do this.

Last edited by Fred James; Apr 11th 2008 at 6:59 am.
Old Apr 11th 2008, 7:21 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

Originally Posted by Fred James
You can - that's one of the main advantages of a DVD Recorder with a hard disk.

In a PC you are reading and writing to the hard disk at the same time - it's no different in a DVD Recorder - you can record a live program while watching a program previously recorded on the same hard disk.

Unlike a VCR you can also start to watch a program that is being recorded before the recording has finished.

On most DVD recorders you cannot watch one live program at the same time as recording another live program -you would need a box with two seperate tuners to do this. They are available - the Sky+ box will do this.
Thanks for the info Fred it`s clearer now, not up to speed on all this new stuff. ;-))
Old Apr 12th 2008, 8:45 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks to everyone for all the replies, and the manual!

Much appreciated.

I have recorded my soaps to hard drive, and then tonight i am recording the golf to hard drive, whilst watching my soaps!

Perfect!

Many thanks everyone. I have one happy chappy with some golf to watch tomorrow, now!
Old Apr 12th 2008, 9:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

spain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks to everyone for all the replies, and the manual!

Much appreciated.

I have recorded my soaps to hard drive, and then tonight i am recording the golf to hard drive, whilst watching my soaps!

Perfect!

Many thanks everyone. I have one happy chappy with some golf to watch tomorrow, now!
isnt it a god send - when we got ours I thought there was no way we would need the 160gb memory, wrong !! quite a few times we have had to go through the listing and delete or transfer on to disc (usually my sons WWE ) stuff

you can also watch dvds while recording too
Old Apr 20th 2008, 5:56 pm
Forum Regular

I know. It soon adds up! Is a brilliant idea though. I am soon using up all the memory with my soaps!!
Old Apr 20th 2008, 6:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

rachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond repute

Can I ask a question about these...

If you record to HDD, do you still have access to subtitles when you watch back?

(I've never even had a DVD recorder so still think back to days of VHS recording.)