Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Dulux Paint pod????

Dulux Paint pod????

Old Jun 4th 2009, 7:31 pm
Forum Regular

Triana is just really niceTriana is just really niceTriana is just really niceTriana is just really niceTriana is just really niceTriana is just really niceTriana is just really niceTriana is just really niceTriana is just really nice
Default Dulux Paint pod????

Hi, I am trying to buy a Dulux paint pod but have had no luck in shops such as Leroy Merlin, el corte Ingles etc (nor in my local ferreteria). I live in Andalucia in Cadiz province but could easily get to Malaga and Sevilla provinces. Can anyone tell me of a stockist? Thanks, Triana
Old Jun 4th 2009, 8:11 pm

Casa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dulux Paint pod????

Dulux is now part of a company called AkzoNobel. from this link it seems that officially the company does not have any presence here in Spain.
http://www.akzonobel.com/websites_overview.aspx
So unless someone comes up with a British guy selling it then your could be out of luck.
Old Jun 4th 2009, 8:18 pm
Forum Regular

Triana is just really niceTriana is just really niceTriana is just really niceTriana is just really niceTriana is just really niceTriana is just really niceTriana is just really niceTriana is just really niceTriana is just really nice

Casa Santo Estevo
thanks for trying to help me. I should have said that I phoned Dulux in the UK and they could not give me the names of any outlets here. They gave me the names of 2 independent stockists in Gibraltar but they don't have any paint pods. However, I'm still hoping to find an independent stockist that does. it's frustrating as I know that Castorama (which is like a B&Q but in France) stock it, so it is available outside the UK. Anyway, just wanted to say "thanks",
Old Jun 4th 2009, 8:37 pm

Casa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond repute

ok hopefully you find something or it will be back to the good old-fashion roller.

Old Jun 5th 2009, 8:02 am
BE Forum Addict

spain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Triana
Hi, I am trying to buy a Dulux paint pod but have had no luck in shops such as Leroy Merlin, el corte Ingles etc (nor in my local ferreteria). I live in Andalucia in Cadiz province but could easily get to Malaga and Sevilla provinces. Can anyone tell me of a stockist? Thanks, Triana
what about getting one posted over from UK ? or are they too heavy
Old Jun 5th 2009, 11:17 am
Banned

Trace40 is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm in the UK and we purchased a paint pod. Worked brilliantly for 2 hours then packed in. We took it back and exchanged it for a new one. That one worked ok for the first half an hour.

I personally wouldnt recomment them. They dont clean as easily as they show on the TV. You need to run the cleaning process at least 3 times to get the paint out of the tube. You also need to clean the roller parts by hand or they get clogged up.

I would stick with the ordinary roller.
Old Jun 5th 2009, 11:49 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Trace40
I'm in the UK and we purchased a paint pod. Worked brilliantly for 2 hours then packed in. We took it back and exchanged it for a new one. That one worked ok for the first half an hour.

I personally wouldnt recomment them. They dont clean as easily as they show on the TV. You need to run the cleaning process at least 3 times to get the paint out of the tube. You also need to clean the roller parts by hand or they get clogged up.

I would stick with the ordinary roller.
Trace40, thanks for the advice. So far I had only read good things about the product so your reply was very interesting.

Spain, I had thought about getting one sent over from the UK BUT I am a very impatient person and wanted to start painting tonight and over the weekend.....
Old Jun 5th 2009, 1:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bigger Jim has much to be proud ofBigger Jim has much to be proud ofBigger Jim has much to be proud ofBigger Jim has much to be proud ofBigger Jim has much to be proud ofBigger Jim has much to be proud ofBigger Jim has much to be proud ofBigger Jim has much to be proud ofBigger Jim has much to be proud ofBigger Jim has much to be proud ofBigger Jim has much to be proud of

We were thinking of getting one but were put off by a number of DIY forums in the UK.

Last week saw the first of them at a large car boot sale. Confirmed to us, rightly or wrongly we had made the correct decision.

Jim
Old Jun 5th 2009, 11:28 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks everyone for your advice. I now know I can order one by mail order from the Uk (from wallpaperdirect). I now justhave to decide whether I still want one or not.....
Old Jun 6th 2009, 5:39 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Triana
Thanks everyone for your advice. I now know I can order one by mail order from the Uk (from wallpaperdirect). I now justhave to decide whether I still want one or not.....
They probably sell them cos they know they will break, then they can sell you their wallpaper. lol
Old Jun 6th 2009, 6:26 am
BE Enthusiast

Bigger Jim has much to be proud ofBigger Jim has much to be proud ofBigger Jim has much to be proud ofBigger Jim has much to be proud ofBigger Jim has much to be proud ofBigger Jim has much to be proud ofBigger Jim has much to be proud ofBigger Jim has much to be proud ofBigger Jim has much to be proud ofBigger Jim has much to be proud ofBigger Jim has much to be proud of

Heres a number of typical responses from users.

http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question...3085030AAbdliP

Jim