Reload this Page >

Dual nationality

Dual nationality

Old Apr 24th 2022, 6:47 pm
Just Joined

m0nk is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Dual nationality

Hi all,

we are thinking about moving to spain (me and my family).
My wife is romanian, which shouldn't be an issue for her to move/work in Spain as romanian is part of the EU. I'm born british, but I have german nationality as well.
My question now, would I be able to move and work in Spain without visa as I have as well the german nationality? So, if I move to Spain, to use the german passport?

Thanks in advance for the help

Dan
Old Apr 24th 2022, 8:40 pm
Forum Regular

bolton wanderer has a reputation beyond reputebolton wanderer has a reputation beyond reputebolton wanderer has a reputation beyond reputebolton wanderer has a reputation beyond reputebolton wanderer has a reputation beyond reputebolton wanderer has a reputation beyond reputebolton wanderer has a reputation beyond reputebolton wanderer has a reputation beyond reputebolton wanderer has a reputation beyond reputebolton wanderer has a reputation beyond reputebolton wanderer has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dual nationality

Originally Posted by m0nk View Post
Hi all,

we are thinking about moving to spain (me and my family).
My wife is romanian, which shouldn't be an issue for her to move/work in Spain as romanian is part of the EU. I'm born british, but I have german nationality as well.
My question now, would I be able to move and work in Spain without visa as I have as well the german nationality? So, if I move to Spain, to use the german passport?

Thanks in advance for the help

Dan
Should be no problem if you have a German passport. You'll still need to register your presence if you wish to stay longer than 90 days and pay Spanish taxes after 183 days.
Old Apr 25th 2022, 5:54 pm
Just Joined

m0nk is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the quick reply.
That should make things a lot easier then.

Old Apr 26th 2022, 9:08 am
DLC
BE Enthusiast

DLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond repute

You could also use a German ID card instead of a German passport.