Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Driving test in English

Driving test in English

Old Feb 4th 2008, 6:14 am
Family man

CBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud of
Default Driving test in English

A friend of mine at work asked me if you can sit your driving test in English. I said i don`t think this is possible but i will try and find out. Anyone know??

Last edited by CBANDY; Feb 4th 2008 at 6:14 am. Reason: Spelling
Old Feb 4th 2008, 6:35 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Driving test in English

Originally Posted by CBANDY
A friend of mine at work asked me if you can sit your driving test in English. I said i don`t think this is possible but i will try and find out. Anyone know??
Apparently you can... at a price.
Interesting story HERE
Old Feb 4th 2008, 12:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

lcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud of

You can take the test in English,and you can also take various versions of the Theory Test such as one for disabled drivers etc (so if you find one to diff,your instructor may be able to recommend an easier one).
Also bear in mind its common practice to pay for three tests in advance,two theory and one practical,as most people seem to fail the theory the first time
Good luck!
Old Feb 4th 2008, 1:19 pm
Family man

CBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by lcortez
You can take the test in English,and you can also take various versions of the Theory Test such as one for disabled drivers etc (so if you find one to diff,your instructor may be able to recommend an easier one).
Also bear in mind its common practice to pay for three tests in advance,two theory and one practical,as most people seem to fail the theory the first time
Good luck!
Is this available in all areas??????
Old Feb 4th 2008, 3:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

lcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud of

Have just spoken to sister who took her test in Spain.Acc to her the etst is available in English on all the Costa's
With regard to the payments and Theory,you have to pay for 3 chances to pass (normally 2 theory,1 paractical),HOWEVER, her driving instructor told her that the theory is full of trick questions and designed so that the candidate fails! The reason for this is that the Gov regards it as an opp to make money
As an example,my sister prepared as well as she could,with books,dvds,cd roms etc,consistently scored in the high 90% area,AND STILL FAILED!!!
In the end she had to pay for another 3 chances,passed theory on 4th attempt,and practical on 1st
With regard to theories,as well as normal tests,there is also a test for disabled,deaf/mute and people who cant read!!!!
Once again very best of British to your friend