Reload this Page >

Transfer of name on a dog passport

Transfer of name on a dog passport

Old Dec 24th 2017, 11:16 am
Just Joined

Dean and Sarah is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Transfer of name on a dog passport

Hello everybody,

I’m looking for some help as I seem to be getting different answers from different people on this.
We have recently bought a puppy from a pet shop in Benidorm and the dog cane with an EU passport, all his jabs etc. The pet shop said he could travel within the EU with us that day if we wanted. We are hopefully going to travel to the UK over new year and I’m trying to get The passport into my name so we don’t get to the UK border and told we cannot come in because the microchip number isn’t registered to me.
Does anybody have any experience on the process we need to go through? I thought I could just go to a vet and sort it but I keep getting conflicting info 🙈

Thank you all in advance.

Merry Christmas 🎄

Dean
Old Dec 24th 2017, 11:33 am
BE Forum Addict

tebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Transfer of name on a dog passport

A friend of mine got his changed through his local vets practice. His was a rescue dog that still had the original owners details on the chip. They sorted everything.

I'm sure the pet shop could give you genuine advise.
Old Dec 24th 2017, 11:57 am
Headpoopscopper

HeikeundAlan has a reputation beyond reputeHeikeundAlan has a reputation beyond reputeHeikeundAlan has a reputation beyond reputeHeikeundAlan has a reputation beyond reputeHeikeundAlan has a reputation beyond reputeHeikeundAlan has a reputation beyond reputeHeikeundAlan has a reputation beyond reputeHeikeundAlan has a reputation beyond reputeHeikeundAlan has a reputation beyond reputeHeikeundAlan has a reputation beyond reputeHeikeundAlan has a reputation beyond repute

yes vets change name, needs to see the vet within 5 days of traveling too with passport to get wormed.
Old Dec 24th 2017, 3:25 pm
Forum Regular

newpower has a reputation beyond reputenewpower has a reputation beyond reputenewpower has a reputation beyond reputenewpower has a reputation beyond reputenewpower has a reputation beyond reputenewpower has a reputation beyond reputenewpower has a reputation beyond reputenewpower has a reputation beyond reputenewpower has a reputation beyond reputenewpower has a reputation beyond reputenewpower has a reputation beyond repute

It dosent matter what name is on the passport, its not you they are interested in its the Dog, the chip number must match with the passport number, they dont look at address.
Old Dec 24th 2017, 5:36 pm
Headpoopscopper

HeikeundAlan has a reputation beyond reputeHeikeundAlan has a reputation beyond reputeHeikeundAlan has a reputation beyond reputeHeikeundAlan has a reputation beyond reputeHeikeundAlan has a reputation beyond reputeHeikeundAlan has a reputation beyond reputeHeikeundAlan has a reputation beyond reputeHeikeundAlan has a reputation beyond reputeHeikeundAlan has a reputation beyond reputeHeikeundAlan has a reputation beyond reputeHeikeundAlan has a reputation beyond repute

problem will be if it does get lost they will ring the number on the chip
Old Dec 24th 2017, 9:13 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for all the replies everyone.
So it looks like I will be good to travel with him if I go the vets and get him checked over and declared disease free.

Merry Christmas
Old Dec 24th 2017, 9:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

bxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond repute

Here is what you need to know.
https://www.gov.uk/take-pet-abroad
Old Dec 26th 2017, 12:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

Loafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dean and Sarah
Hello everybody,

I’m looking for some help as I seem to be getting different answers from different people on this.
We have recently bought a puppy from a pet shop in Benidorm and the dog cane with an EU passport, all his jabs etc. The pet shop said he could travel within the EU with us that day if we wanted. We are hopefully going to travel to the UK over new year and I’m trying to get The passport into my name so we don’t get to the UK border and told we cannot come in because the microchip number isn’t registered to me.
Does anybody have any experience on the process we need to go through? I thought I could just go to a vet and sort it but I keep getting conflicting info 🙈

Thank you all in advance.

Merry Christmas 🎄

Dean
Just get it done at the Vet. Our dog comes from a breeder in Valencia and all paperwork quite correct so with the chip it is just a case of no change to the chip but re-registered under your name and address. Exactly the same happens when you move house .
Takes about 10 days as the Vet has to send all the info off for registration and get the new certificate back.

Good luck as "The clock is ticking" ..
Old Dec 27th 2017, 7:20 am
Headpoopscopper

Please make sure you update the chip info always,so many dogs sit in kennels because the chip details arent correct anymore, and because they have a chip having to sit there for 21 days .A uk vet can not get details of a spainish chip and the very same the other way round.
Old Dec 27th 2017, 1:03 pm
Just Joined

The vets are back open tomorrow hopefully it can get sorted. Thank you for all your advice.

Much appreciated