driving pets

Old Oct 4th 2006, 2:12 pm
Just Joined

Tammy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default driving pets

Can i drive to spain with my pets or do they need to fly....there little legs might get tired,,,
Old Oct 4th 2006, 2:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

pwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: driving pets

Hi Tammy

You most certainly can drive your dogs over, we bough both of ours ,but they have to be up to date with their vaccinations and also up to date with rabies as well. Contact DEFRA and they will send you the paperwork needed. The vet you use must be recognised by DEFRA. see link below for more details.
All the best.

pwwm

http://www.defra.gov.uk/
Old Oct 4th 2006, 2:55 pm
Just Joined

Tammy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by pwwm
Hi Tammy

You most certainly can drive your dogs over, we bough both of ours ,but they have to be up to date with their vaccinations and also up to date with rabies as well. Contact DEFRA and they will send you the paperwork needed. The vet you use must be recognised by DEFRA. see link below for more details.
All the best.

pwwm

http://www.defra.gov.uk/
Thanks for that, be cheaper aswell, check out my vet now see if there with DEFRA
Old Oct 4th 2006, 3:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

Mercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond repute

They don't seem to be as strict bringing them from UK to Spain and in somecases they don't check, but bringing them back in from Europe they are much stricter in making sure everything is upto date. I have my Spanish dog a passport and I know if I take her back, she has to also have had a tick and flea jab within 48 hours.
Old Oct 4th 2006, 3:05 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

They will need to be chipped also to be in Spain
Old Oct 4th 2006, 4:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

pwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond repute

Both cats and dogs now need to be chipped.
pwwm
Old Oct 4th 2006, 6:39 pm
Maño-Americano

ironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pwwm
Both cats and dogs now need to be chipped.
pwwm
HOW CRUEL!!

Old Oct 4th 2006, 7:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

Mmmmm chipped cat and dog how nice!
Old Oct 4th 2006, 8:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

Mercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jdr
They will need to be chipped also to be in Spain
Ahh mine is, forgot to mention that.... Just thought of another, over a certain weight in some places they also have to be muzzled out in public. I have a German Shepherd, I can get away in some places without putting one on her, but I know in Mijas they are quite strict so I'm told. I tend to only take her where she doesn't have to wear one, and the other thing is many resturants, providing they are on the terraces often don't mind, although I have found some who do...

Last edited by Mercedes; Oct 4th 2006 at 8:19 pm.