Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

driving with no insurance in alicante/torrejeva???

driving with no insurance in alicante/torrejeva???

Old Jan 2nd 2011, 11:16 pm
Just Joined

ricschick is an unknown quantity at this point
Default driving with no insurance in alicante/torrejeva???

hi guys i was wondering if any of you would no what would happen if you was pulled over in a foreign car with no insurance in costa blanca?? thanks
Old Jan 3rd 2011, 12:01 am
Started off with nothing

missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: driving with no insurance in alicante/torrejeva???

You could be taken to jail and your car impounded or maybe they will just shoot you
Old Jan 3rd 2011, 6:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bomber Harris has a reputation beyond reputeBomber Harris has a reputation beyond reputeBomber Harris has a reputation beyond reputeBomber Harris has a reputation beyond reputeBomber Harris has a reputation beyond reputeBomber Harris has a reputation beyond reputeBomber Harris has a reputation beyond reputeBomber Harris has a reputation beyond reputeBomber Harris has a reputation beyond reputeBomber Harris has a reputation beyond reputeBomber Harris has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by missile
You could be taken to jail and your car impounded or maybe they will just shoot you
You might not get shot, especially if you're caught in the UK before you get to the ferry, but then your car could be crushed instead if that happens.
Old Jan 3rd 2011, 7:45 pm
Started off with nothing

missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute

They might attach electrodes and hang her up by the thumbs

and we might get to watch
Old Jan 3rd 2011, 9:28 pm
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

When you consider how grave the consequences could be for any poor sod hit by an uninsured driver, I'd cheerfully see their car crushed with them in it.
Old Jan 3rd 2011, 9:36 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

Please let us know when you expect to arrive.

We'd love to arrange for a special expat welcoming party to meet you on the border.

On second thoughts you may well prefer to let the G.C.take care of you first.
Old Jan 3rd 2011, 9:47 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by lic
snip
i didnt say i was going to it was only a question and i think its very rude and mean to responsed to someones question like this.
Old Jan 3rd 2011, 9:53 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ricschick
i didnt say i was going to it was only a question and i think its very rude and mean to responsed to someones question like this.
I'm sure that everyone meant their comments to come across in a lighthearted manner, but as a newcomer it must seem very off-putting and I apologise if you have been upset. I hope this hasn't put you off being a member here. Our members are a great bunch .. honest.
Old Jan 3rd 2011, 10:29 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Sue
I'm sure that everyone meant their comments to come across in a lighthearted manner, but as a newcomer it must seem very off-putting and I apologise if you have been upset. I hope this hasn't put you off being a member here. Our members are a great bunch .. honest.
havent seen any proof of that yet im afraid. thank u tho.
Old Jan 3rd 2011, 11:21 pm
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

havent seen any proof of that yet im afraid. thank u tho.
I suppose the OP came across as something that was planned or had been done, so people tended to react badly to that.

Why did you want to know? I don't know the precise response you'd get from the cops if you did that, but I'm willing to bet it wouldn't be good.
Old Jan 4th 2011, 7:35 am
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

hi guys i was wondering if any of you would no what would happen if you was pulled over in a foreign car with no insurance in costa blanca?? thanks
I would hope that they would lock that person up for a very long time and throw away the key.

Alternatively, send them home and have their passport resinded.
Old Jan 4th 2011, 7:40 am
Forum Regular

reggiedh has much to be proud ofreggiedh has much to be proud ofreggiedh has much to be proud ofreggiedh has much to be proud ofreggiedh has much to be proud ofreggiedh has much to be proud ofreggiedh has much to be proud ofreggiedh has much to be proud ofreggiedh has much to be proud ofreggiedh has much to be proud ofreggiedh has much to be proud of

Out of curiosity why DID you ask?
Old Jan 4th 2011, 7:52 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

People responded in an angry way because they are responsible law abiding people who would not drive without insurance and see the problems that would occur if an innocent party were to be injured in an accident. It is not just a matter of what the police might say or do if they stop someone who has no insurance but also the effect that no insurance has on others. Uninsured drivers are not taking responsibility for themselves or others so the consequences of this should be very stringent.

Unfortunately people who do not bother are also people who do not care how they affect others.

Rosemary
Old Jan 4th 2011, 10:34 am
BE Enthusiast

TheLostPhotographer has a reputation beyond reputeTheLostPhotographer has a reputation beyond reputeTheLostPhotographer has a reputation beyond reputeTheLostPhotographer has a reputation beyond reputeTheLostPhotographer has a reputation beyond reputeTheLostPhotographer has a reputation beyond reputeTheLostPhotographer has a reputation beyond reputeTheLostPhotographer has a reputation beyond reputeTheLostPhotographer has a reputation beyond reputeTheLostPhotographer has a reputation beyond reputeTheLostPhotographer has a reputation beyond repute

You would be caught breaking the law and have to face the consequences. It's very simple really.

The reason the replies here came in the manner they did is because your question reads in a bad way. It almost asks "will I get away with it because I'm foreign?".

No you won't. Further more, if you meet the wrong police on a bad day they are likley to take advantage of the fact that you are foreign. Take advantage of your ignorance about Spanish law.

So, it's a good job you asked really!
Old Jan 4th 2011, 10:50 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by The Oddities
People responded in an angry way because they are responsible law abiding people who would not drive without insurance and see the problems that would occur if an innocent party were to be injured in an accident. It is not just a matter of what the police might say or do if they stop someone who has no insurance but also the effect that no insurance has on others. Uninsured drivers are not taking responsibility for themselves or others so the consequences of this should be very stringent.

Unfortunately people who do not bother are also people who do not care how they affect others.

Rosemary
i completely agree it was just that myself and husband were talking about it and were disscussing about our past holidays were we have witnessed youngester hiring mopeds and it just came up as in the past rules were very different over in spain and you could get away with anything, as like in the dominican republic you will find a whole family on a bike!!!
it was just a question that i couldnt get answered when i typed it into google so i asked here maybe people shouldnt judge until they no the FACTS!! In my books this is bullying and you all should be ashamed.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.