Reload this Page >

Driving a moto in Spain on a UK driving license

Driving a moto in Spain on a UK driving license

Old Apr 16th 2015, 3:55 pm
Just Joined

Darren Taylor81 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Driving a moto in Spain on a UK driving license

Hi

I am in Spain and i want to drive a moto/moped 125cc - i found an existing thread from 2013 which advised of the following - however i cannot find the information on the Spanish equivalent of the DVLA (Dirección General de Tráfico) Can anyone advise or send a link to confirm you can drive a moto 125cc on a uk car driving license. Thanks in advance - Darren :-)

Previous port form July 2013
''you can still ride a bike up to 125cc on a car licence if you have had that licence for 3 years.

It will not say that on your licence otherwise it would apply outside Spain which it doesn't.

Spain has the exception that you can drive a 125cc bike on a car licence, and no, it doesn't have to be a Spanish licence - just a licence that is valid in Spain.

However the rule still exists.

I quote:´

. El permiso de las clases B, BTP, B + E, C1, C1 + E, C, C + E, D1, D1 + E, D y D + E no autoriza a conducir motocicletas con o sin sidecar. No obstante, las personas que estén en posesión del permiso de la clase B en vigor, con una antigüedad superior a tres años, podrán conducir dentro del territorio nacional las motocicletas cuya conducción autoriza el permiso de la clase A1''[/I][/B]
Old Apr 16th 2015, 4:03 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Driving a moto in Spain on a UK driving license

Nothing has changed since that post.
Old Apr 16th 2015, 4:10 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Darren Taylor81
Hi

I am in Spain and i want to drive a moto/moped 125cc - i found an existing thread from 2013 which advised of the following - however i cannot find the information on the Spanish equivalent of the DVLA (Dirección General de Tráfico) Can anyone advise or send a link to confirm you can drive a moto 125cc on a uk car driving license. Thanks in advance - Darren :-)

[/I][/B]
Hi and a warm welcome to the Spanish forum on BE. Myself and Fred James are the moderators for the Spanish forums whilst BEVS moderates Europe. Moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. This is so that members gain the information that they are looking for and find their experiences on the forums to be friendly and worthwhile.

Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderator who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are usually friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge about the issues of living in Spain. I hope that you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary
Old Apr 16th 2015, 5:05 pm
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fred James
Nothing has changed since that post.
Sorry Fred, I didn't understand a word of that.

Can a driver with a full UK (car) licence drive a 125cc bike in Spain ONLY if they have held that licence for 3 or more years.

[I think the answer is YES but I'm just checking]
Old Apr 16th 2015, 6:31 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, the answer is yes.
Old Jun 15th 2015, 7:31 pm
Just Joined

Steve Crust is an unknown quantity at this point

Good evening. I have a UK provisional driving licence and just want to get a 50 cc moped. Do I have to have a full UK or Spanish licence or take some form of test?

Thank you

Steve
Old Jun 15th 2015, 7:37 pm

Provisional UK licences are not valid outside the UK.

If you want to drive one in Spain you will have to take a Spanish test (in Spanish).
Old Jun 15th 2015, 8:50 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steve Crust
Good evening. I have a UK provisional driving licence and just want to get a 50 cc moped. Do I have to have a full UK or Spanish licence or take some form of test?

Thank you

Steve
Hi and a warm welcome to the Spanish forum on BE. Myself and Fred James are the moderators for the Spanish forums whilst BEVS moderates Europe. Moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. This is so that members gain the information that they are looking for and find their experiences on the forums to be friendly and worthwhile.

Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderator who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are usually friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge about the issues of living in Spain. I hope that you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary