Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

driving licence medical?

driving licence medical?

Old Nov 3rd 2009, 1:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

linda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud of
Default driving licence medical?

I heard this morning that medicals had to be undertaken before 9th November for driving licences, seemingly it has been in the papers (I don't see papers!!). I have looked in the "free beer" thread and cannot see anything about this. Does anyone know if this is the case, if it is, is it for residents only or age related?

thanks in advance
Old Nov 3rd 2009, 3:37 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: driving licence medical?

Originally Posted by linda Coyle
I heard this morning that medicals had to be undertaken before 9th November for driving licences, seemingly it has been in the papers (I don't see papers!!). I have looked in the "free beer" thread and cannot see anything about this. Does anyone know if this is the case, if it is, is it for residents only or age related?

thanks in advance
You have always had to take a medical if you live here to fall in with Spanish law, even if you have a UK picture licence. Its not a serious thing, more a cursory check up. It depends on your age, how often
Old Nov 3rd 2009, 4:15 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

thanks in advance
Free beer.....
"Drivers who take up residence in another EC/EEA country no longer have to exchange their driving licence, but may continue to drive using their own national licence for as long as is remains valid. You should however check with the appropriate driving licensing authorities where you are now resident for information on any conditions that the host member state may stipulate."
Old Nov 3rd 2009, 4:47 pm
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace

HBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond repute

Could it be that the OP has heard of mobile phones having to be registered before 9th November?
Old Nov 3rd 2009, 4:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

linda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by HBG
Could it be that the OP has heard of mobile phones having to be registered before 9th November?
definitely driving licence, the woman said her sister had hers done and she was going tomorrow, have to go the medical centre in Aspe. It was discissed in the hairdressers and no one else seemed to have heard of it. Thought this was best place to find out!!
Old Nov 3rd 2009, 4:59 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

definitely driving licence, the woman said her sister had hers done and she was going tomorrow, have to go the medical centre in Aspe. It was discissed in the hairdressers and no one else seemed to have heard of it. Thought this was best place to find out!!
Well, as I said, its nothing new at all. Its something you've always had to do ..... but not by a certain date
Old Nov 3rd 2009, 6:10 pm
Forum Regular

carter71 is a name known to allcarter71 is a name known to allcarter71 is a name known to allcarter71 is a name known to allcarter71 is a name known to allcarter71 is a name known to allcarter71 is a name known to allcarter71 is a name known to allcarter71 is a name known to allcarter71 is a name known to allcarter71 is a name known to all

Yes, I have done mine, only takes a few minutes testing eyes and co-ordination. I do agree that the date is a red herring, though.
Old Nov 3rd 2009, 6:37 pm
Senior Moment

Originally Posted by carter71
Yes, I have done mine, only takes a few minutes testing eyes and co-ordination. I do agree that the date is a red herring, though.
Early November is when, as previously mentioned, that PAYG phones should be registered with providors ... maybe a confused pub conversation