Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Driving licence exchange , too late ?

Driving licence exchange , too late ?

Old Jan 26th 2021, 5:08 am
BE Enthusiast

Notdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Driving licence exchange , too late ?

Originally Posted by missile
Please be advised: The driving school in Rojales provides theory & practical in English.
Theory study but not the actual exam, that is always sat at the local DGT centre.
Old Jan 26th 2021, 9:06 am
BE Enthusiast

stevesainty has a reputation beyond reputestevesainty has a reputation beyond reputestevesainty has a reputation beyond reputestevesainty has a reputation beyond reputestevesainty has a reputation beyond reputestevesainty has a reputation beyond reputestevesainty has a reputation beyond reputestevesainty has a reputation beyond reputestevesainty has a reputation beyond reputestevesainty has a reputation beyond reputestevesainty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Notdunroamin
Theory study but not the actual exam, that is always sat at the local DGT centre.
Not according to practicatest, see link in post 26

FAQ

The day of the exam, will my theoretical exam be in English or in the official language of the city where I apply?

When you make the appointment with DGT, you should notify them of your intention to take the theoretical driving exam in English; otherwise, they will give it to you in Spanish.
Old Jan 26th 2021, 10:25 am
BE Enthusiast

Chipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stevesainty
Not according to practicatest, see link in post 26

FAQ

The day of the exam, will my theoretical exam be in English or in the official language of the city where I apply?

When you make the appointment with DGT, you should notify them of your intention to take the theoretical driving exam in English; otherwise, they will give it to you in Spanish.
yes but that is just the theory. The practical will be with a DGT examiner who will conduct test in Spanish!!!
Old Jan 26th 2021, 10:34 am
BE Enthusiast

stevesainty has a reputation beyond reputestevesainty has a reputation beyond reputestevesainty has a reputation beyond reputestevesainty has a reputation beyond reputestevesainty has a reputation beyond reputestevesainty has a reputation beyond reputestevesainty has a reputation beyond reputestevesainty has a reputation beyond reputestevesainty has a reputation beyond reputestevesainty has a reputation beyond reputestevesainty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Chipmonk
yes but that is just the theory. The practical will be with a DGT examiner who will conduct test in Spanish!!!
Then I refer you to Missile's earlier reply

I have no idea if the examiner is independent and if one can arrange the test in English.
I got my Spanish license by exchange. When I sat my test in the UK (when Jesus was a boy) the examiner did not say very much anyway.
You have to be resident to sit the test and I would suggest it is sensible to learn the basics, e.g. drive on, turn left, turn right, stop, park here.

If you need to drive in Spain, and did not get your notice, to exchange your licence, in before 31 December 2020, you have no option but to take a new test in Spain. Unless of course you beleive the rules for 3rd country nationals will change in the near future, a pipedream I'm afraid.
Old Jan 26th 2021, 1:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

Notdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond repute

Read the FAQ's.
Old Jan 26th 2021, 2:52 pm
Started off with nothing

missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute

the Class B driving test is available in English.
In my humble opinion anyone who is resident in Spain ought to make the effort to learn sufficient Spanish to understand the examiner..