Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Drive from Madrid to Marbella

Drive from Madrid to Marbella

Old Nov 16th 2021, 11:25 am
BE Enthusiast

SanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Drive from Madrid to Marbella

Originally Posted by agree_to_disagree
You have indicated there is ‘difficulty’, but not indicated what that ‘difficulty’ is, so we are none the wiser…
In what respect is connecting with pets a real pain?
Pets are different to luggage. They don’t go through the belt system, get scanned and directed to the next flight. It also needs to be a connecting flight that allows pet travel.
It’s really not simple, hence you have to contact the airlines or agencies directly, not just book a flight and turn up with your pet.
When I collected my dog from Italy there wasn’t even an option to fly from the local airport. The alternative was for me to fly over, pick up the dog and drive him 7 hours to Rome, fly to Madrid then drive him to Valencia. I don’t even know the cost as by that point there was no use in asking. I took the ferry and drove the other 1000ish kilometers
Old Nov 16th 2021, 4:57 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Drive from Madrid to Marbella

Originally Posted by SanNico
Pets are different to luggage. They don’t go through the belt system, get scanned and directed to the next flight. It also needs to be a connecting flight that allows pet travel.
It’s really not simple, hence you have to contact the airlines or agencies directly, not just book a flight and turn up with your pet.
When I collected my dog from Italy there wasn’t even an option to fly from the local airport. The alternative was for me to fly over, pick up the dog and drive him 7 hours to Rome, fly to Madrid then drive him to Valencia. I don’t even know the cost as by that point there was no use in asking. I took the ferry and drove the other 1000ish kilometers
Update - I've managed to find someone else to drive Mutley from Madrid to Marbella for what would be about 1 day of van rental to me. I still need to move the family and luggage from Madrid to Marbella (via Malaga) but I think I have a solution that won't hurt my balls so much.