British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Spain (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/)
-   -   dream move (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/dream-move-926295/)

gaz711 Jul 8th 2019 12:02 pm

dream move

Hi

Myself and my wife are looking to buy a home in spain, We are looking area ideas, looking to spend around £100k and would require 2 bedrooms, close to a beach and if not access to a pool. We would like somewhere where there is some british community.

Rosemary Jul 8th 2019 12:17 pm

Re: dream move

You had a very similar thread running in May 2018. How much help did that give you in managing to narrow down your search?

Rosemary

missile Jul 8th 2019 1:13 pm

You really need to be a bit more specific. How would you respond to someone asking

We are looking to relocate to the UK, looking to spend around £100k and would require 2 bedrooms, close to a beach and if not access to a pool

bfg69bug Jul 8th 2019 3:36 pm

Originally Posted by gaz711 (Post 12707962)
Hi

Myself and my wife are looking to buy a home in spain, We are looking area ideas, looking to spend around £100k and would require 2 bedrooms, close to a beach and if not access to a pool. We would like somewhere where there is some british community.

How close is close to the beach ? You can see the sea from my house, and im 30 minutes drive from the beach. If you want to be ON the beach then you´ll have to double what you have in the pot, at least.

You can get a brand new / never lived in / no kitchen fitted yet townhouse an hour from the beach, with a communal pool and gardens for well under €100k these days. You´d have enough left for a 3 year old Audi / Bmw too.

Rosemary Jul 8th 2019 3:41 pm

Expats cover a broad spectrum of likes and dislikes so asking where to buy is not going to help you find the perfect place for you. Peace and quiet, nightlife, bustling, shopping, countryside, mountains, and of course whatever mix of nationalities is preferred can all be thrown into the melting pot. What suits one person will not necessarily suit another, we are all different so have different needs.

You cannot beat experiencing various locations personally. Asking others is fraught with problems. We are all different so this will colour our views of any place.

My advice is to travel around Spain as much as possible and then make an informed choice based on your own needs and wishes.

Rosemary

Leper Jul 9th 2019 7:31 am

£100,000.00 will get you a decent apartment in Mojacar Playa where we live. There is a Brit expat community there and many of them owned homes in other Costas before moving for good. And the beach will not be more than five minutes walk.

gaz711 Jul 9th 2019 1:52 pm

Originally Posted by bfg69bug (Post 12708044)
How close is close to the beach ? You can see the sea from my house, and im 30 minutes drive from the beach. If you want to be ON the beach then you´ll have to double what you have in the pot, at least.

You can get a brand new / never lived in / no kitchen fitted yet townhouse an hour from the beach, with a communal pool and gardens for well under €100k these days. You´d have enough left for a 3 year old Audi / Bmw too.

where abouts do you live?

missile Jul 9th 2019 11:58 pm

Originally Posted by gaz711 (Post 12708428)

where abouts do you live?

Barriej Jul 12th 2019 9:46 pm

You can see the sea from where we live as well but its a nice drive.

As others have said, you are the only person who can decide if an area is for you.

We have been visiting the area we finally purchased in for the last 15 years. A couple of times we decided against and looked further afield. Then last year we settled on a small village out of the way, with a mix of various expats and Spanish. There are about 5k residents (but our village is part of a larger community) 36% are foreign nationals.

£100000 will buy you a 3 bed 2 bath apartment with a small balcony, or a 2 bed small house.

However we are lucky as my wife father lives 2km from us and we have a few towns near us with the coast at Albir and Altea only 25mins away. Benidorm is about 30mins away.