Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

download channel 4

download channel 4

Old Jan 13th 2007, 6:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

maryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond repute
Default download channel 4

I thought I would see if you all knew you can now down load channel 4 on line.... I know some of you have a problem with channel 4 .
If you go to the channel 4 website and follow the link it is dead easy. We down load to the PC....put it on a little card, put the card in the DVD player ( it has a special slot) and then watch or record on to a DVD to keep and watch. It also means my daughter can watch stuff on my laptop in the other room. We also download from Limewire for fils and stuff.

Hope this helps.

love

mary x x
Old Jan 13th 2007, 7:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

maryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: download channel 4

Sorry.ignore this thread..we just tried to download and it wont let you unless you are in UK
Dam that channel 4 !
Old Jan 13th 2007, 7:19 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by maryann
Sorry.ignore this thread..we just tried to download and it wont let you unless you are in UK
Dam that channel 4 !
How do they know you are in Spain ?
Old Jan 13th 2007, 7:31 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jdr
How do they know you are in Spain ?
something to do with tracing the IP address im told.
Old Jan 13th 2007, 7:35 pm
Welsh Ambassador to Spain

Fortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rugbymatt

Google "UK Proxy Server" - there are loads about. Copy one of the codes and paste it on your internet settings. Then the internet believes you are in UK. You might find this handy for usuing the BBC site as a lot of sport is broadcast on the net but to UK users only - changing the proxy server gives you access
Old Jan 13th 2007, 7:52 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
Just tried to register and it keeps chucking the password ?
It also says its a trial, maybe its cream crackered.
Old Jan 13th 2007, 7:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

was that the channel 4 or proxy server that chucked you ?
Old Jan 13th 2007, 8:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

Beachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Fortaleza
Google "UK Proxy Server" - there are loads about. ...
There are many proxy servers that give you anonymity but I have yet to find one actually located in the UK that works.

Could you please give a more specific link.
Old Jan 13th 2007, 8:39 pm

Fortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beachcomber
There are many proxy servers that give you anonymity but I have yet to find one actually located in the UK that works.

Could you please give a more specific link.

proxy4free.com has got many but you have to scroll through several lists to find UK ones. It's a bit trial and error and the first time I did it took me several attempts with different servers. You will need a UK one though if you want to access UK services
Old Jan 13th 2007, 8:59 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

was that the channel 4 or proxy server that chucked you ?
Channel 4
Old Jan 13th 2007, 9:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

Beachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to behold

Thanks, I will try again.
Old Jan 14th 2007, 12:25 am
No es moco de pavo

Elle1971 has a reputation beyond reputeElle1971 has a reputation beyond reputeElle1971 has a reputation beyond reputeElle1971 has a reputation beyond reputeElle1971 has a reputation beyond reputeElle1971 has a reputation beyond reputeElle1971 has a reputation beyond reputeElle1971 has a reputation beyond reputeElle1971 has a reputation beyond reputeElle1971 has a reputation beyond reputeElle1971 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for this. Am too tipsy tonight ot trial it - but will pop back in the morning to trial it and take advantage!
TTFN!
Old Jan 14th 2007, 6:34 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jdr
Channel 4
we got the software loaded no problem, it was when we came to download, it gace us a box that told us we had to be in the UK. No problem with the pass word
However, my hubby messes around with the computer so I doubt we would ever get anything to work properly. We cant e mail out from outlook express.........any ideas on that one?

xx
Old Jan 14th 2007, 7:48 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

we got the software loaded no problem, it was when we came to download, it gace us a box that told us we had to be in the UK. No problem with the pass word
However, my hubby messes around with the computer so I doubt we would ever get anything to work properly. We cant e mail out from outlook express.........any ideas on that one?

xx
Post a question HERE for some of the best advice on the net.
But give some details, Version of IE, Telefonica or ?, If it is a Telefonica account it has a $ sign not @ between your name and Telefonica but the email address has an @ just to confuse things ;-), has it ever worked ?, have you set up an account ?
Old Jan 14th 2007, 8:29 am

For those of you having trouble changing your proxy server to allow you access to Channel 4 and other UK based services, I found this link that goves a basic guide on how to. Haven't read it all through but looks good enough.

http://www.gnome.org/learn/users-guide/2.2/ch09s08.html

Hope this helps

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.