British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Spain (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/)
-   -   Dolores info please (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/dolores-info-please-825314/)

Tedster51 Feb 17th 2014 8:45 pm

Dolores info please

Just returned from Costa Blanca viewing trip,I was impressed with a new apartment in Dolores,does anyone have any experience or information about the town etc.Thanks

Rosemary Feb 18th 2014 7:13 am

Re: Dolores info please

As Concierge for the Spanish section of BE I would like to say hello and welcome.

BE is a very large expat website, so if you have problems finding your way around we have concierges who will try to direct you. The moderators for the Spanish forums are Mitzyboy and Fred James, moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderador who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge of the issues of living in Spain. At the top of the page you will find a quirkily named thread called Free Beer which is full of important and useful information. Hope you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary

missile Feb 19th 2014 12:42 pm

Dolores is a very traditional spanish town. It is conveniently sited close to AP-7 the mediteranean highway and circa 30 minutes from Alicante or Murcia airport. It is well serviced with a school, sports facilities, bars, restaurants and shops.

There is a nice church overlooking the main square (Plaza Espania). We have spent many an hour in the cafes there. Be warned, Dolores is not little Britain in the sun. Hopefully that is not what you are looking for?

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Tourism...Vacations.html

moblies Feb 20th 2014 1:05 pm

As Missile says, nice around that area. I have a place in Daya Nueva which is very close and although with new builds there are more English residents now you can still sit in the square and not hear English being spoken so remains very Spanish. Thats a good thing.

Almoradi again just up the road and watching the world go by on Market day with good coffee is priceless.

That said you can go to Binijofar and have a superb English fry up if you want to.

We find it ideal for a number of Beaches, good motorway access to get you anywhere.

missile Feb 20th 2014 1:26 pm

Hi moblies, nice to hear from another "local"

I have a friend who lives on the outskirts of Dolores

missile Feb 20th 2014 1:28 pm

Our favourite hang out is Bar Lucas in Benijofa, next to the church.

lutonlad Feb 20th 2014 2:43 pm

And yet another 'Local' !

If you like Mexican food, there's a very good restaurant between Rojales and Benijofar. Don't know too much about Dolores but have driven through it, seems nice.

missile Feb 21st 2014 3:28 am

Originally Posted by lutonlad (Post 11139128)
.... If you like Mexican food, there's a very good restaurant between Rojales and Benijofar. ...

:goodpost: Do you mean the restaurant near Studz bar? Very popular and even at this time of year it is wise to book.

HeikeundAlan Feb 21st 2014 7:59 am

Were not far neither, from Dolores we at other end of Catral:thumbup:
only been here since december

missile Feb 21st 2014 8:02 am

Welcome neighbours, hope you are all enjoying the old cliché
"living the dream"

lutonlad Feb 21st 2014 9:59 am

Originally Posted by missile (Post 11140326)
:goodpost: Do you mean the restaurant near Studz bar? Very popular and even at this time of year it is wise to book.

Yep. That's the one.
Just thought I'd mention, we went to the Indian opposite the other day.
First time for about a year. Reckon they've got a new chef - the food was much too sweet for my taste.

missile Feb 22nd 2014 5:26 am

Been to that Indian, but only once :thumbdown:

Tedster51 Mar 12th 2014 10:06 pm

Thanks for replies,is there a bus route in the town/vicinity

missile Mar 12th 2014 10:55 pm

Originally Posted by Tedster51 (Post 11170292)
Thanks for replies,is there a bus route in the town/vicinity

I know there are buses in Dolores, ask at town hall for info :confused: