Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Dogs on beaches

Dogs on beaches

Old Oct 30th 2007, 11:40 am
Forum Regular

eric4u is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Dogs on beaches

We are bringing our dog with us to Javea , are they allowed on the beaches in Spain
Old Oct 30th 2007, 11:47 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dogs on beaches

Originally Posted by caravanning4u
We are bringing our dog with us to Javea , are they allowed on the beaches in Spain
A lot around us are no dogs allowed, but don`t know Javea area.
Old Oct 30th 2007, 12:13 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Most of the beaches have no dogs signs, for obvious reasons, but people ignore them out of season I noticed which is pretty horrible if they dont bother to collect whats left behind
Old Oct 30th 2007, 12:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

pwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond repute

Around us the beaches are a no dog area as well.
Old Oct 30th 2007, 12:48 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
Most of the beaches have no dogs signs, for obvious reasons, but people ignore them out of season I noticed which is pretty horrible if they dont bother to collect whats left behind
Once when we were sitting looking out to sea at Gandia Playa there was a dog running on the beach and the lady sitting on our bench complained to us and told us that it is not allowed. We were very embarrassed when the dog owners called to each other in English.

Rosemary
Old Oct 30th 2007, 2:24 pm
Forum Regular

Justlookin has much to be proud ofJustlookin has much to be proud ofJustlookin has much to be proud ofJustlookin has much to be proud ofJustlookin has much to be proud ofJustlookin has much to be proud ofJustlookin has much to be proud ofJustlookin has much to be proud ofJustlookin has much to be proud ofJustlookin has much to be proud ofJustlookin has much to be proud of

I once saw a beach without a dog in Spain!

Between Conil and Chipiona in Cadiz province I cannot even swear that statement is true. I may have just gone at the wrong times but rarely I think will you find a busy beach without a dog. I have never been to a beach in July or August and it may well be they crack down in those months.

I love dogs but not stepping in their shit (excuse the language but even the most polite are heard to use the word when they step in it). I do not have a dog at the moment but when I have had a dog the poop scoop is an essential walking companion - cannot say the majority of dog owners in Spain appear to take the same view. Many Spaniards appear to love their dogs but not clearing up after them - so what's new, in England it is just the same. In fact the whole problem is the same back in the UK. Find a beach and you will find a dog particularly if there is a sign forbidding it. I did once see a beach attendant make someone take their dog off the beach- much to the annoyance of the owner.
Old Oct 30th 2007, 2:29 pm
Forum Regular

esurigolf is an unknown quantity at this point

NO, dogs are NOT allowed on spain beaches.
Old Oct 30th 2007, 2:41 pm
Forum Regular

Justlookin has much to be proud ofJustlookin has much to be proud ofJustlookin has much to be proud ofJustlookin has much to be proud ofJustlookin has much to be proud ofJustlookin has much to be proud ofJustlookin has much to be proud ofJustlookin has much to be proud ofJustlookin has much to be proud ofJustlookin has much to be proud ofJustlookin has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by esurigolf
NO, dogs are NOT allowed on spain beaches.
Well that settles it - I's phoning my optician straight away about the problem since I can't have been seeing dogs. It's very worrying!

I think you should have said the law, local or national, says they are not allowed.

Am I alone! or do I need to make that call?
Old Oct 30th 2007, 3:47 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Justlookin
Well that settles it - I's phoning my optician straight away about the problem since I can't have been seeing dogs. It's very worrying!
I think you should have said the law, local or national, says they are not allowed.
Am I alone! or do I need to make that call?
I think he's saying they are not allowed, not that they don't go on the beach
Old Oct 30th 2007, 3:48 pm
MnM
luna~sea..its a lifestyle

MnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond repute

No dogs allowed in Benidorm, Altea Calpe, Moraira and Javea and in the summer months, this is enforced by the police.

In the winter time it's a different story.
Old Oct 30th 2007, 5:01 pm
Forum Regular

firtreesix is just really nicefirtreesix is just really nicefirtreesix is just really nicefirtreesix is just really nicefirtreesix is just really nicefirtreesix is just really nicefirtreesix is just really nicefirtreesix is just really nicefirtreesix is just really nicefirtreesix is just really nicefirtreesix is just really nice

Originally Posted by MnM
No dogs allowed in Benidorm, Altea Calpe, Moraira and Javea and in the summer months, this is enforced by the police.

I've never seen it enforced here in Javea during the summer or the winter. I've seen folks with their dogs on the Stony Beach while the cops were passing by and they never even batted an eye, so....however, Javea is overrun with dogsh1T, so it doesn't really matter anyway.

Firtreesix
Old Oct 30th 2007, 5:08 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by MnM

We are now getting back to the question of legal or illegal only now it is the police/local admin who choose only to enforce the law in the tourist season.

Why is the law there - so that only summer tourists don't get a nasty surprise when they step in it?

It's not just Spain tho' that has this attitude to this particular problem as I have said previously.

I suppose one justification for only summer enforcement is that outside of that period you can look for the paw prints and stay well away!
Old Oct 30th 2007, 5:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

brodev is a glorious beacon of lightbrodev is a glorious beacon of lightbrodev is a glorious beacon of lightbrodev is a glorious beacon of lightbrodev is a glorious beacon of lightbrodev is a glorious beacon of lightbrodev is a glorious beacon of lightbrodev is a glorious beacon of lightbrodev is a glorious beacon of lightbrodev is a glorious beacon of lightbrodev is a glorious beacon of light

From Easter till October the police enforce the "no dogs on beach" with instant fines here in Estepona
Old Oct 30th 2007, 6:50 pm
MnM
luna~sea..its a lifestyle

MnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by firtreesix
I've never seen it enforced here in Javea during the summer or the winter. I've seen folks with their dogs on the Stony Beach while the cops were passing by and they never even batted an eye, so....however, Javea is overrun with dogsh1T, so it doesn't really matter anyway.

Firtreesix
Yes, you are quite right about the stony part of the beach in Javea. But on the Arenal they seem to be very strict during the tourist season.

Last edited by MnM; Oct 30th 2007 at 7:16 pm.
Old Oct 30th 2007, 7:14 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Officially not allowed, but then there are a lot of people who do NOT follow those rules. Better chance for no problems in the winter than the summer, and even in the UK, the dog ban is usully only April to September.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.