Dogs

Old Jun 21st 2018, 1:14 pm
Gmw
Just Joined

Gmw is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Dogs

Hello
we are thinking of moving to Northern Spain but are not sure that there are many options for dog walking. Lots of people have dogs but we tried to find a forest walk for us (we didn't have our dogs) and not much luck. We also know that lots of the beaches have restrictions as well. We are used to taking our dogs out everyday for about an hour not just to the village square at night time.
Are there worlds and parks and countryside that are free to roam.
Looking forward to hearing from those with happy four legged friends.
Gail
Old Jun 23rd 2018, 12:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

dougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dogs

I've been a registered dog breeder with my own prefix since the 1970's with the British Kennel Club,had a Kennels business both in UK & Spain.I simply cannot imagine why British dog owners want to exercise their pets along a beach.I have always lived at the coast in England,Scotland & here but,although I have walked them along the prom.would never take them onto the actual beach.The sand is bad for their paws as is sharp shells & pebbles & sea water is dreadful for their coats.And I would also be thinking of the people who later want to enjoy the same area.Would you actually like to sit down over a patch that a dog has done a wee on?I can only applaud the Spanish for outlawing their pristine beaches for our canine friends.I had to exercise German Shepherds as well as small breeds & there are plenty of places to do so which is teaching them good behaviour at the same time.I get angry when I see undisciplined pets with owners who simply let them run wild.Gail, I am sure you are not like those & I hope you enjoy living here,as will your pets.
Old Jun 23rd 2018, 12:36 pm
Gmw
Just Joined

Gmw is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by dougal03
I've been a registered dog breeder with my own prefix since the 1970's with the British Kennel Club,had a Kennels business both in UK & Spain.I simply cannot imagine why British dog owners want to exercise their pets along a beach.I have always lived at the coast in England,Scotland & here but,although I have walked them along the prom.would never take them onto the actual beach.The sand is bad for their paws as is sharp shells & pebbles & sea water is dreadful for their coats.And I would also be thinking of the people who later want to enjoy the same area.Would you actually like to sit down over a patch that a dog has done a wee on?I can only applaud the Spanish for outlawing their pristine beaches for our canine friends.I had to exercise German Shepherds as well as small breeds & there are plenty of places to do so which is teaching them good behaviour at the same time.I get angry when I see undisciplined pets with owners who simply let them run wild.Gail, I am sure you are not like those & I hope you enjoy living here,as will your pets.
Thanks for that I did also ask about wood land it seems restricted for walks
Old Jun 25th 2018, 8:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

Loafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gmw
Hello
we are thinking of moving to Northern Spain but are not sure that there are many options for dog walking. Lots of people have dogs but we tried to find a forest walk for us (we didn't have our dogs) and not much luck. We also know that lots of the beaches have restrictions as well. We are used to taking our dogs out everyday for about an hour not just to the village square at night time.
Are there worlds and parks and countryside that are free to roam.
Looking forward to hearing from those with happy four legged friends.
Gail
Northern Spain a huge area you need to be more precise. Wonderful dog walking country in Basque Region, Navarra , Aragon and into the Pyrennes. Most regions publish recommended walking routes ( in spanish ) and we have done several , mainly northern Navarra into the forests with some great rivers/streams for the dog to swim.