Dogs

Old Jun 26th 2014, 12:43 pm
Just Joined

cameronmolyneux is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Dogs

Hi

We are considering an offer to move out to Barcelona with my job and I have been looking at houses

We have two small dogs (which unfortunately I have to bring)

Most rental ad's here in the UK stipulate NO PETS ...

I'm using Idealista which seems like a pretty good site for rentals but I have read no mention of pets at all

Is having dogs as much of a problem as it is here in the UK?

Thanks
Old Jun 26th 2014, 1:14 pm
FreeThinker

jimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dogs

Originally Posted by cameronmolyneux
Hi

We are considering an offer to move out to Barcelona with my job and I have been looking at houses

I'm using Idealista which seems like a pretty good site for rentals but I have read no mention of pets at all

Thanks
Hi.

Can't say much about Barcelona or any other city but I have rented four different places in Spanish villages and dogs (three in our case) have never been a problem - same with many friends.

There seems to be a much more relaxed attitude in Spain. I wonder if it is down to the general lack of carpets.

Last edited by jimenato; Jun 26th 2014 at 1:22 pm.
Old Jun 26th 2014, 1:16 pm
Just Joined

cameronmolyneux is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jimenato
There seems to be a much more relaxed attitude in Spain. I wonder if it is down to the general lack of carpets.
Yeah I was thinking it may well be because of this

Thanks
Old Jun 30th 2014, 2:38 pm
Just Joined

Paul2Nancy is an unknown quantity at this point

Dogs are not allowed on public transportation, ie buses. If you can find a hotel that accepts pets, they cannot be left alone in the room, which makes it difficult to go out to dinner, concert, sightseeing, etc.
Old Jun 30th 2014, 3:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

bxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond repute

Something to consider are the dangers for dogs here in Spain from the dreaded Mediterranean diseases. They need to be protected from heart worm, leishmania and ticks ( my last dog got a fever and eventually succumbed to the disease, my little foster/maybe keep dog has also not been protected in the past and has one the tick fevers) Shut down of internal organs not pleasant.

Pine trees ( the processional caterpillar) and toads are other dangers.

Some beaches have an April to October ban others a full ban I believe.

Rentals down here seem to be okay with one or 2 small dogs and they can go on middle distance trains.
Old Jun 30th 2014, 4:44 pm
Account Closed

IamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Thanks
I agree with Jimenato!
We have two dogs and they´ve never been an issue.
I think the "default" setting on rentals in Spain seems to be, if pets are not specified as "Not allowed", they´re allowed.
I would still clear it though with a potential landlord.
Old Jun 30th 2014, 5:01 pm
FreeThinker

jimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by IamStu
I agree with Jimenato!
No need to sound so surprised
Old Jul 1st 2014, 7:46 pm
Forum Regular

t2uds has a reputation beyond reputet2uds has a reputation beyond reputet2uds has a reputation beyond reputet2uds has a reputation beyond reputet2uds has a reputation beyond reputet2uds has a reputation beyond reputet2uds has a reputation beyond reputet2uds has a reputation beyond reputet2uds has a reputation beyond reputet2uds has a reputation beyond reputet2uds has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Thanks
Hi. We're actually moving out to the Barcelona area ourselves with a bonkers labradoodle in August. We're there next week for our second week of property viewings. We have a relocation bod showing us around. When we asked about the dog issue. They said if its not mentioned in the ad/bumpf, never ask, just sign on the dotted line and take it for granted. On our last visit the other week. Quite a few places had dogs. And if they didnt have dogs, every surrounding property seemed to have them yapping away at the gate.